Ignorance is Bliss!

What can I say we are all open to outbursts of stupidity and rage at times :confused:

Its funny how the truth is always percieved as bad/ugly when no one knows wht the truth is.

I think this thread may have existed before. Was it the late Robert Nozick who gave the hypothetical scenario: If you could be plugged into a machine that satisfied youe every need and made you actually think that you were living, would you do it? This is almost exactly the red pill question in the Matrix movie.

It seems like this to me:

A child can be happy without a concern in the world, because his world does not have many contacts with the unforgiving reality.

This child, however, has little freedom. If he/she wants to move to Australia, if he/she wants to take up sailing, if he/she wants to be heard in politics, it is impossible.

Because of the lack of concern and worry, some people say that is happiness.

Conversely, an enlightened man may experience similar feelings of lightheartedness and freedom from concern through his mastery of self.

Simply put:

You can have your cake and eat it too, it just takes work. A person can be happy and knowledgable.

If you dont want to work, then settle for the ā€œhappinessā€ of ignorance. Just know your sacrificing something for it.

Yes I know and i went on to read some intresting essays on subject after this post that actualy clarified my view on this point. I donā€™t think ignorance is bliss after all thanks to a few essays i read.

And in truth Iā€™m aslo talking about the dissilusionment one recieves when one grows up and find the world and things not like there idealistic protrayals as one sometimes holds.

Excellent thesis Telesis! Freedom can lift you up or crush you like a being-in-itself rock. Ignorance is bliss, probably only for the people who prefer not to work and go around wearing blinders. I donā€™t think this equivalent to the free, rational, happiness of a man who works to know the World around him.