please help! uni exam questions due in SOON

looked hard but found no philosophical content - ben

i left this far 2 late 2 do n am havin trouble finding suitable resourses i wud be very very gratefull if sum1 cud help me, they r due in nxt wk :astonished:

1. what is philosophy
  2. citically assess strenghts and weaknesses of inductivism
  3. evaluate the correspondence theory of truth
  4. what is knowledge? why should scientists be sceptical about claims to knowledge?
  5. what is hermeneutics? what benifits does it have for the social sciences?
  6. what is the mind n what is its relationship 2 the brain?
  7. what do philosophers mean by free will?
  8. how does A.I differ frm consicousness?

i kno its a lot 2 ask but i am really behind t uni n need any help i can get
x x x

do your own homework sweetheart.

That’s by far the most depressing post I’ve seen on ILP, including all that “the human race is terrible” stuff.

thanx alot, i was only askin 4 a bit of help cos am finding it hard 2 cope wit things at he mo. but hey, it wnt bother ne 1 else if i fail will it? neva mind eh? i’ll cope

I think I’d have a bit more sympathy if you’d cut the Prince phonetic type…

Yeah, the English language is such a beautiful thing…why not actually use instead of this bastard child of English and 1337?

I’ll help you!

1. Wut id philosorphy?

Drop out of school.

1. Kritikally asses sterngth and wekness of inducivicism.

I think you should drop out of school.

1. Evelute the ciorrespondance thery of turht.

You teacher will correspond with the truth that you should drop out of school.

4)What is knowledge? Why should scientists be skeptiskal about clams to knowlege?

It has been empirically proven that those who do not pass english 101 should not consider graduation. This means that you can KNOW that you should drop out of school, since you cannot pass english 101.

1. What is hermaphroditics? What benefits does it have for the social scinces?

I’m not sure if Zoey is a girl or boy’s name, but you should still drop out of school.

1. What is the mind n what is its relationship 2 the brain? (sic)

The mind is what bothers me about you, and the brain is what you don’t have. They obviously have no relation as one can still create action without any actual thought. Thank you for answering this long-axed question.

1. What do philosophers mean by free will?

You can end your pain, the pain of your teachers, and the pain of your parent’s pocketbook if you drop out of school now. You also can choose to continue dragging on your education and still fail to be a productive member of society, thus creating an evil waste of time and effort. You can choose, that is free will…moron.

1. How does A.I. differ frm consiuousness?

A.I. is a movie, doll. Consciousness is what you lack.

I know I use big words, but you are really behind the standard university student and should consider dropping out.

xoxoxoxoxo <3 and a big 'ol middle finger

Rafa

Raf, I lve u. Mrry mee (buh, no 4 mi mone)

Back off, Metavoid.

Rafajafar is all mine. I already bought him a diamond and the cake is in the oven.

Go find your own.

I’m bound to no one, De’trop. Maybe it’s time you and I have a “little talk” about the nature of our relationship.

Fine.

But please, Raf, be gentle and let me down easy.

As Neil mentioned, breaking up is hard to do.

[sniffle…sniffle]

this may be a bit late, but:

1. Starting point should be Hume’s ‘An enquiry concerning human understanding’, chp 7 & 8 I think. Then just get any secondary literature on hume and it will be discussed

2. You should start be reading Gettier, E. ‘Is Justified True Belief Knowledge’ in Analysis 23, 1963. then maybe Dancy, J., Introduction to Contemporary Epistemology chp 2, and Audi, R., Epistemology: A Contemporary Introduction to the Theory of Knowledge chp 8.

3. This is a big topic! you should start with an introduction to the philosophy of mind. Try Churchland, P., Matter and Consciousness, or Graham, G., Philosophy of Mind: An Introduction. I personally get on well with P Carruthers, Introducing Persons.

4. Again start with hume, chp 8 and see any secondary literature on him

5. Those philosophy of mind books should probably help you out here as well. Also to some reading on functionalism, maybe read some stuff by H. Putnam, maybe The Mental Life of Some Machines (though I haven’t read it my self!)

cant help on the rest, I hope it wasn’t too late, though i feat the worst!