Philosophy: Hobby or Vocation?

I’m just curoius to know if you think of philosophy just as something to study in your free time or if you are, or intend, to dedicate your whole life to it?

I think that philosohy is a way of life. Something that is a manner in which you do things. It could be a hobby to read books, or to have formal debates. Even writing papers. You could dedicate you life in trying to come to a certain conclusion. But philosophy is something that you can not do. Everybody with any kind of thought process does it. Whether they know it or not. Just my opinion.

Hobby or vacation? im not sure, i use it to get away really, to try and put my mind down a totally different location to what my line of work(chemistry) is. I find simularity’s in the methods of my work by the logic im using from philosophy, wether its that of Bacons or some other great methodologies. Id say its a hobby with most recent philosophy and a vacation when reading any of the greek classics. Not that i can explain why, they were just so different and at the same time so similar.

im with smooth!
philsophy is life. its not ‘sitting down and pondering’ ala rodin, its reflection every step of the way.