Hello...

Hello, fellow philosophers,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m a 16 year old college student, studying Philosophy currently at AS level. Have taken to the subject well thus far, being assisted by my already existant interest in the topic and subjects covered therein.

I’ve been searching for somewhere to discuss my often alternative thoughts, and thought processes. I believe here to be the perfect place to do so.

I’m nervous of posting anything, because I fear topics may have been dicussed to death already, yet in time I hope to pluck up the courage to do so.

I hope I can try and add my personal opinions on a wide range of topics. Everyone has opinions, and everyone’s opinions hold equal weight, correct?

I hope to get to know you all in due course,

Thank you,

Adam.

Well Crone, welcome to ILP.com. Even though I am not part of the ILP.com staff, I would like to extend my hand in friendship. You said you were a 16 year old college student. Wow, I am a 23 year old college student on my first year. I have had a lot of distractions in my life. My knowledge of philosophy is limited as well and I come here to learn and discuss with the top dogs. Don’t feel weird about asking crazy questions, I do it all the time.
And about all opinions being equal I’m not sure. I would like to think so, but my nihilistic tendency’s love to doubt everything. Does anybody else have a logical train of thought that would lead to making that statement false? I sure don’t.