Modern science finds....

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in
waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht
the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total
mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the
huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a
wlohe.

Gfoef (names dont work very well)

Me and my roomate just got this letter forwarded to us… crazy how true it is. Makes me feel alittle better not spellin right n’ stuff.

Airdccnog to rascrheh at Cgdmbirae Ustviinery? I tinhk taht the crrecot oedrr is eelxtrmy ironatmpt and tvey’he ceetahd csaue all tyhv’ee dnoe is sawp a few lttrees anruod.

It works when you swap some letters around without mucking too much with the order, but really messing with the order of the letters makes it quite confusing and longer words could be very hard to figure out.

Interesting Frighter, I had no problem reading and understanding your post. I didn’t have to slow down, focus, or anything. But I also think Matt has a point, in that it wouldn’t work with all words. But it would be interesting to delve deeper into the topic to see just where the differences lie in the words and why it is that the brain is okay with filling in, as it were, as long as the first and last letter are in their right place.

What’s your take?

i think alot of the time the reason its able to do that is because it also looks at the first and last letter of words around the current word and yer brain pulls out the words that would most likley fit in that situation.

I see no difference :wink: