Themes de le matrix

The themes of the matrix are obvious i know, but will somebody post some of the more detailed less obvious ones.

Obvious theme example
Creator of matrix=God
Neo=Christ or Heroic Hindu Avatar
Matrix=paradise

Somebody find a deeper vision let me know

F@#$%!
Damn that %$#$% &%#@#$

Okay, now that i have that out of my system. I wrote a five page response that I was actually very happy with and I…LOST IT. I hate this F$@#$in log out thing that happens when you are logged on for too long. Sorry. I honestly don’t know if I’ll have it in me to go and rewrite that whole thing all over again.

I always uses MS Word to create my posts. That way I always get my posts sqeell chekced! And I’m less lightly to loss a post :slight_smile:

I don’t think that the Matrix is paradise; I would say that it’s Zion or at least the idea of freedom in Zion. If anything the Matrix is a prison. I don’t know if you have read the following topic: Matrix Reloaded!.

I don’t thinks there’s that much to the characters and what they represent beyond the classic archetypical stereotypes.

Neo: Like you’ve, and Freewill
Morpheus: Hope in Faith.
Trinity: Love can conquer all.
Link: It’s good to talk.
Oracle: The classic Guide every hero needs on his quest.
Agent Smith: A worthy foe to Neo, a.k.a Satan, with his touch he kills, and they become like him.
Matrix: Hell.
Zion: Heaven, or Earthly Paradise.
The Woman that kissed Neo: (Don’t remember her name) She has lost her innocence, and want’s to taste innocent love again. But she is to worldly to ever love again in the way she wants to, so must feed off this love in others. But not quite a Femfatale.
Melavildean: (can’t spell his name) Knowledge equals Power

But I believe that the Matrix is the balance that keeps both Man and Machine alive, they need each other. Kind of like Good and Evil.

I don’t think most people will like the ending to the third Matrix movie, as I believe it will be a bit of an anticlimax. If you read my post in the other thread (the link above) you’ll see why I think this.

Neo is perhaps a modern Prometheus or Adam, breaking humanity out of their gilded cage into harsh reality. I wasn’t really paying much attention during the film however, so that’s pretty much all I can contribute.

This post is posted knowing that it has spoilers

To explain the paradise thing in a bit too much detail, Well the jedo christian thing is this

Gensis version
God creates everything then creates adam, man is in tune with the creation man asks for a wife she gets him into trouble because he worships here more than god, and she is more in tune with earthly desires and wants. paradise fails.

Matrix version
The creator machine creates the matrix with a single man’s ideals of paradise. Well call that man alpha, eventually alpha’s ideas about paradise prove to be not real enough. The first matrix fails to work because of this. The second matrix is based more on what real life was like during 1999. The idea of the “one” is devolped with the “oracle” who is protected by the “seraph”(isnt that a word for angel?). the one fixes problems that exist in the matrix, and the one is really a mathmatical problem produced by the matrix being based on a faulted human and faulted physics

adam=alpha/neo
God=Creator
“one”=Jesus
Seraph=Archangel
1stMatrix=paradise

The biggest problem with matrix and matrix reloaded is that the second askews the first. One can base themes on the first but the second film proves them to be incorrect.

Yeap, Seraph or as most would recognise it Seraphim. Seraph is the short version: (Collins Paperback Dictionary) A member of the highest order of angels.

I’ve found out some more about these charactors in my search for knowledge of Why Melavildean.

I found this on an other board:

I believe it also relates to a poem by Lord Bryon, see the part in bold at the bottom.

This relates to Persephone kiss with Neo.

Maybe all that’s a little to much information for some :stuck_out_tongue:

I found a site that fleshs out this myth, if anybody is interested: http://adam23.freeyellow.com/index.html It’s about a 1/4 of the way down the page.

pax another part of the bloodline thing is that Christ had children with mary magdaline and she was pregnant with their first child/children when he was crucified.