A small Favor? pretty pwease?

This is my favorite website ( bluesuburbia.com ), I just suggested it for the webby awards peoples choice thingy…and um, well you get the point, :smiley: I’m asking you to vote for it :smiley:

webbyawards.com/peoplesvoice/

You have to sign in, then there are a number categories, click on “netart”
and then in “Write-In a vote” write BlueSuburbia and then the site url.
then click the “vote” box thingy, then click “cast your vote” :smiley:

Anyways, check out the website first, you won’t be disappointed! :slight_smile: :smiley:

I was very impressed by the site and the web design. It wasn’t until I spent some time reading through the site’s propaganda that I became disenchanted. It’s just so depressing, although I can’t say that I disagree with much. But why not give a less bleak perspective on life? Negativity solves absolutely no problems. In fact, it only spreads! ‘Positive Vibes’ are the only way to go!

it’s only being realistic :slight_smile: btw, you can write the author, there’s a guest book, can ask her more about it :smiley: but you’ve got an intresting point, not sayin’ I argee :wink: :slight_smile:

Very nice site FrozenViolet!

Praise:

• I signed up with The Webby Awards and voted for your site.
  • I signed your guest book
  • I went through the whole site
  • I believe it is very creative, well done, thought out, artistic, and deserving of praise and approbation.
  • My favorite poems were Angel and Freedom from Dignity.

Some constructive criticism:

• there are a few spelling and grammer errors within the poems
  • the color of the font of the poems, sometimes, clashes with the background colors, making it hard to see the writing even when you have your mouse over it and it is lit up.

Some ideas I had:

• you might want to find a way to introduce a theme that absorbs the reader into your website to make them feel as though it is designed for them. Even if you make up their journey for them, they will relate to whatever you put out for them to relate to.
  • it may be worthwhile to spend a little more time making the different locations a little easier to understand, giving them names usually helps. The map you provide is great, you might want to add names on top of the actual locations so people remember where they have been and which location contains what. This is especially true for those who aren’t exactly artistic - you want to grasp as many visitors as possible.
  • you may also want to find a way to bring the poems together into a coherent abstract thought or point of complain about the world. Similarily like the box in one of the rooms, which contains a list of most of the poems within your website that are scattered around. I noticed that the list was missing the Freedom from Dignity poem. You may want to write a poem that brings all the others together.
  • Lastly, you may want to create an end to your website in which people can find your conclusion or educated thoughts as solutions to your complaints of society.

Take care and keep up the good work, you should be proud,
~Magius

Heehee, thanks, but the site’s actually not mine, but a close friend’s, I’m sorta the PR person (it’s because I chat too much while everyone else works :wink: )

this is my site wonderingsoul.com and it sucks compared to hers :smiley:

I might force her to sign up here :smiley:
I’ll give her what yah said right now. Thanks a whole lot man :slight_smile:

FV, Sorry, didn’t mean to sound so negative in my last response. Like I said before, I was highly impressed by the web design. Some of the best I have ever seen. As far as the content goes, I was also very impressed by the writing and perspectives of the author. Everything was very well done. So, I am not criticizing it at all, only saying that I tend to enjoy a more positive outlook. (BTW, I put a vote in at the Webby Awards as well. It is well deserved!)

As far as your website goes, although it is not as fancy as bluesuburbia, it has a very clean and professional design. Your poetry and photography are excellent, as well. That is the kind of poetry that I really enjoy. It has a much more positive glow to it, rather than putting me in a cynical mood like ‘blue suburbia’. Keep it up! You get a “10 out of 10” from me.

peace,
Skep

P.S. - Please invite Ms. Blue Suburbia to the site. She sounds as if she has a lot to offer and many interesting perspectives.

that’s okay :smiley:
thanks a lot :slight_smile: I’ll see if I can drag her over here, but she’s pretty busy and isn’t such a slacker as me :wink:

FrozenViolet taking all the credit. Hmmph! :wink:

:laughing: yeah. It’s fun at times, but I must be honest [size=59]or else she’ll kill me in my sleep.[/size]