thought envoking books

Nominate one book that has made you think, and list the thought it envoked!

The dictionary.

No, seriously.

Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance. Absolute and paralysing fear.

“The History of Western Philosophy” by Bertrand Russell.

Why? Because it covered all the basic questions in Philosophy and opened up my mind to new possibilities. It changed how I looked and understood the world in it’s most basic of forms. And it’s the only book I would choose if I were told I had to live the rest of my life on a deserted island alone and I could bring only one book.

PV

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. An incredible book, captivating to read and thought-provoking in its philosophy. I disagree with a lot of the philosophy it advocates but it certainly gave me a new perspective on life and motivated my passion for the subject. Read it!

• ben

Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice
The abosolute, meaningless of the universe and how reliant we are on other people

The Illuminatus trilogy by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson, because it affected my consciousness like a drug for about a week after I finished it. Damn entertaining once you get into it as well.

Grave, The Illuminatus! is one of my favourite books EVER. When did you read it? Have you read anything else by RAW?

I read it a couple of summers back when I was on holiday. I haven’t managed to find anything else by RAW since unfortunately, although I heard something about a prequel.