Drugs Aren't good

Yes I absolutely agree…

Take some advice, do NOT die without eating some mushrooms. It is simply beautiful.

I’ll pass on mushrooms, I find the idea of it disgusting.

In response to Trix, I would not say that it is the chemicals in us that cause the reaction but a matter of two things mixing like in chemistry class. Do not assume that just because we are such “superior” things in comparison to any other thing we come into contact with, that its not simply a matter of two “stupid” chemicals battling for supremacy in a confined space. Thats really what crack does. It fights a battle a winning battle with our chemicals and opens the door for what I would call the “chaos factor”.

I think that’s everyone’s private decission if to take shrooms or not. I don’t think it’s necessary to take them, even if once. I think life can be nice without drugs, say, mushrooms. I know some people who have made some negative expiriences with mushroom, though. And if you decide to take them, make sure you feel relaxed and happy before consuming them.
The sequences can be more unpleasant than you expect!

Good question. Would you try them if you saw a reason to? Personally, I experiment occasionally with different psychedelics b/c it allows me to better understand myself. I’m not into social drug use but psychedelics truly are a way of exploring my mind. I know it sounds really hippy-ish but I have really learned alot about my insecurities, personal struggles, philosophical perspectives, and even a little about sensory perception. Our brains and sensory organs are built to percieve the world in a certain way, but while on psychedelics or dissociatives, I am able to attain a perspective outside my normal perception. It is amazingly interesting sometimes, even scary at times, b/c it makes you realize that your entire world it is not as stable as you thought it was. Your world is based on your sensory perception of it. How strange it is to see reality differently for a change. It makes you wonder what it might be like to see the world from a dog’s eye view, or a salamander, or even a bat’s sonic perspective. It basically a different way of exploring and understanding your reality. Read some of Timothy Leary’s writing on the subject; you may change your mind, and in turn change your mind.

BTW, most psychadelics are not physically dangerous or even effectually significant, although an unstable individual can have a hard time coping with a trip mentally.

Oh yeah, it’s also a great way to understand what psychotics and delusionals are going through! :smiley:

drugs are bad… mmmkay…

Your reply has fascinated me to be honest. It makes me want to try it out somehow. Can You go a bit more into details if possible?

xplicit:

From my experiences, psychedelics tend to seperate you from your ego.

It allows the “real you” to pull away from all of the filters you’ve developed throught life, many that use you use daily without your knowledge.

When operating in this condition, it’s not like you really feel hi or recreational, and I think this is the largest misconception about psychedelics.

Your mind is literally expanded, and you are able to look at everything from every perspective and give an honest opinion of what you believe about things, without the bias of those filters.

At least, that’s the way it is with me. My first two uses of psychedelics radically changed my life. I feel as if I grew in the knowledge of myself by at least 10 years - And that is the most valuable, spiritual experience I have ever had.

So about the psychotic/delusional thing - it really is amazing how you can get perspective on that also. I now have a better understanding how little things can go wrong with the way a person thinks that causes them to have serious troubles mentally and in life.

I have this perspective simply because I was able to see for myself, in my own life, how certain subtle mis-conceptions had tainted the way I looked at the world and had absolute control over my ability to look at things honestly, even though I always thought that I was doing so. After the psychedelics, I realized that little things in my mind were controlling the way I live, think, act and relate to others.

I’m not sure what I think God is or would be like, but if God is real - I think I met him that day, in that field sitting on that dead log - and I realized he is me and I am him. Everything divine - if there is any such thing, is contained within me.

That is MY psychedelic experience.

What are you looking to try out? being psychotic or delusional? or a certain psychadelic?

What specifically would you like me to go in to detail on? I could probably write a whole book on my psychadelic experiences, although they are few and far between. I have tripped somewhere under 20 times; just experimentation.

I love talking about psychedelics and altered states, so feel free to engage me in discussion. So have you done psilocybin (shrooms)? If so, what was your experience?

Gamut,
I agree with most of what you have said, but I’m not so sure that I agree with a few things; however, I’m not suggesting that your perspective is wrong.

I don’t know that I could agree with you on the ‘expanded mind’ comment, as I usually tend to feel less competent in altered states. Not to say that I’m unable to learn or gain new perspectives, because I definitely agree with you on that. It seems to me that shrooms, especially, dissipate any utilization of the many defense mechanisms we abuse in waking life. When I look at myself or the world during a shroom altered state, I feel as if I have been subjected to truth serum, disabling my ability to block out the things I am afraid of. As far as psychotic’s go, this is where you experience their first problem; the inability to healthily use defense mechanisms. Defense mechanisms are a very healthy part of our beings, for without them, we would all, most likely, kill ourselves or kill each other. The reality of the world is too dark to look at in it’s entirety, so we block out the negative and emphasize the positives. This is at least my experience on psilocybin. Different drugs, different states. It can be a rather depressing trip at times if your not prepared for it.

Actually, now that I read back over your post, I think I tend to agree with you more than I thought. I just prefer to word it differently. :smiley:

I agree with you skeptic:

I too feel less competent when beshroomed. But where I feel less competent in the normal, everyday sense…I feel much MORE competent in the inspirational/analytical sense (in certain ways).

In no way would I suggest eating shrooms right before work, or if you are going to take a drive. But, I WOULD recommend it for a nice sunny day when you have nothing to do but feel happy. :smiley:

Ex-pothead

Ex-cokehead

So, really drugs don’t ruin one’s future, but better it.

gasp why metavoid, are you suggesting that every kid should follow bush’s lead and declare war on a developing country?? quiet a reversal of political opinions, now, isn’t it?

anyway, i’m glad that skep and gamut have both been able to open their minds using drugs. i think that’s a good quality to have. i’ve opened my mind by traveling and meeting new people. i suppose i’m a little to arrogant to allow something other than myself build who i am.

What do you mean?

Why be arrogant? :laughing:

Anyway…I do agree that there is more than one type of “mind opening” as you call it. But it is my desire to be as “opened” as possible.

Therefore…just as I would reccomend travelling and meeting new people and cultures, I also recommend pursuing the inner journey, or “awakening” so to speak.

Of course, I am not encouraging anyone to become an addict (not that I ever even have tried anything addictive…too smart for that) or to ruin your lives making stupid choices.

I do think that most things should at least be tried twice before a choice is made, for how can you know if you have not tasted?

Anyway…to each his own…I desist.

I had this in a sudden flash of inspiration…

What about pheromones? These are natural chemicals which we are supposed to respond to.

http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/glossary/glossary.asp#P

right metavoid, what about them? if you produced them, i smelled them, i would react. this, for me, falls into the falling in love category. they affect my behavouir some, sure, but i don’t see this any different from the chemical changes occuring in my brian when you touch me, or i see you, etc. i generalize all these things under the canopy of love for no reason other then its a common phrase. definetly something is going on in my body, provoked by external stimuli, that can mirror a drug trip.

however, the difference between pheromones and cocaine (for instance) would be that pheromones are a physiological-inducing behavouir that aids man’s self-preservation (by begetting procreation). cocaine, on the other had, is detremental to man’s self-perservation if done in excess. one can not fuck themselves to death – the pheromones effect works only to an extent. cocaine is more lasting.

also, i didn’t realize that i never answered skeptic’s question

and i hope this post helps explain it.

We used to go “shroomin” when I was a late teenager. I lived in a somewhat rural area and there were countless cow pastures to be looted. You’d have to get out there very early in the morning to find the mushrooms because as soon as the sun was out, the temperature raised, and the mushrooms would shrival away.

There we were, 4:30 in the morning, armed with flashlights, field-guides, dressed in camoflauge(farmer Joe wouldn’t hesitate to shoot your ass if he saw you in his field), and a box of zip-lock bags.

One time we entered a field were a bull was residing, but didn’t see him until we were a good hundred yards from the woods edge. No shit. Talk about being scared to death! It was classic. He didn’t come charging, but he did begin in our direction…steaming breath, grunting, sizing us up. Abort mission…abort mission! Let’s get the hell outta here! My friends took off running and I shouted, “no, don’t run, you idiot…walk…slowly.” None of us were qualified matadors nor did anyone think about bringing a red sheet, so we didn’t stick around to meet that giant beast face to face. We didn’t get any mushrooms that day but had a story to tell nonetheless.

I also grew some in a pressure cooker one time. We did a spore print from some mushrooms that we had bought, and they turned out excellent. It is a very delicate process though, because if the enviroment you grow them in isn’t sterile, or with the wrong humidity, you will fail miserably.

As for the greatest “trip” known to man, well, I had it without a doubt in my mind. When I was 20 yrs old I was hanging drywall at a commercial job in Miami Florida. At lunch time, many of the trade workers had a routine where they would park their vehicles by this tree about a half mile from the job site. We would eat our lunches, smoke a couple joints, and bullshit with each other. Well, this one time I met up with some painters who had a bag of shrooms. I had a personal bag of some really good smoke, which I wasn’t intending to sell, but after I got them high, they wanted me to sell them some. I said no, and then the one guy pulled out this quarter of mushrooms and offered a trade. “Hell yeah,” I said, because I only had about half a quarter of smoke, which obviously wasn’t worth a full quarter of mushrooms, but this guy insisted. We traded, and I ate a couple caps and stems, and went back to work. An hour later, I was still sober. We all went home for the day and I became skeptical about the mushrooms. Nothing was happening, damnit. I concluded that they were fake and that I had been beaten by these guys, so, I ate the whole bag. Eight grams.

But guess what. What I had forgotten to consider was the fact that I just ate a big lunch, so the digestion of the mushrooms took a bit longer than if one were to eat them on an empty stomach. But it was too late, eight grams…down the hatch.

And then, thirty minutes later…BANG! Holy shit! All I could do was lay down in the back yard and stare up into the sky. I was tripping my balls off.

I couldn’t talk, could barely move, but my mind was in overdrive. Philosophy upon philosophy passed through my mind, I saw Plato, Aristotle, hell, I even saw angels flying above me. In those five hours I did more mental work than I had ever done before in my life.

“Are you experienced,” asked Jimi Hendrix. “Buddy, you don’t know the half of it,” I responded.

Magic Mushrooms:

As I floated out of my own body into a world of stars and disco dance floors …Yea I freaked out on shrooms once…Horrible…

ive done alot of drugs
“evil” was never present
you self rightous little shit how dare you tell anyone what they should or should not do
you are un educated in what you call drugs
shamanism is my approach to drug use
and not partying
if it were not for l.s.d. i would be an atheist
if it were not for weed i would hate everyone
legalize everything
the drug war is an attack on personal freedom
look, eat an eighth of mushrooms with your best friend
smoke a joint and listen to dark side of the moon, tommy and bitches brew
then tell me that drugs are still “wrong” and “evil”
jackass

lol funny stuff here, especially since the author seems as though he was being sarcastic.

Drugs are not “bad” or “evil”. But they do have consequences. So if ya do em, do it smart and dont harm others by being reckless or flippant.

I try not to anymore just cause it hampers my job skills. But I used quite a bit before that.