• 16-20
  • 21-26
  • 27-35
  • 35-47
  • 48-53
  • 54-up
0 voters

what is your age

Looks like us young people like philosophy more than the older people; then again maybe it’s because older people are less likely to use the internet, vote in polls, or want to reveal their age!

I just think the older people stay within the philosophy forum and don’t venture down south to Mundane Babble like we do. I’ll admit that for the first three and a half months of being in this forum, I never even looked at anything except for Philosophy.

When I first came to the forums, first I checked out philosophy, then I went to mundane babble after a couple of days, looking for somewhere I could post without having to make a good point. All the good points I could think of for philosophy seemed to be taken.

Surely the older people have a look at mundane babble though? If any people older than 35 look at this thread, why don’t you vote in the poll?

i just turned 21 a week ago. im in a new sectiuon now =(

Happy Birthday Frighter!!!

How old is everybody else? I turned 23 on October 15th!

I will be 18 on the 20th. I am really looking forward to being able to drink alcohol and watch R rated movies!

[list=]
In my opinion the big ages are:
1 (lived a whole year),
5 (half a decade old),
10 (double digits, 1 decade old),
13 (start of teenage years, can’t get child pass for some things),
15 (can watch M and MA movies),
16 (age of consent, ie can have sex with someone same age, can legally buy a knife),
18 (not a minor anymore, can drink, watch R rated movies, can vote, lots of stuff (and licenses) becomes accessable),
21 (fully adult for everything),
30 (not so young anymore, 3 decades old),
40 (4 decades old)
50 (half a century old),
55 (everyone this age and older is old),
60 (6 decades old and still kickin’),
70 (7 " " " " " ),
75 (3 quarters of a century old),
80 (8 decades old and still kickin’),
85 (for still being alive),
90 (really old, the local news has a brief story it),
95 (outlived heaps of people, also local news),
100 (1 century old, triple digits, get a letter from the Queen, get on the news)
and every birthday after 100 (just for being so ancient and still living, and get on the news)
[/list]

The list could probably be cut down to 1, 16, 18, 21, 50 and 100, but the above list includes minor, but still relatively important (compared to say 32) ages. Did I miss any?

21 is the only age I am worried about. In america you have to be 21 to be able to legally drink. And dead to legally smoke weed!