How old are you?

• 15 or younger
  • 16-18
  • 19-22
  • 23-27
  • 28-31
  • 32 or older
0 voters

What’s the average age on the forum? I’m guessing mostly college people or people recently graduated from college. I think I’ve got the title as youngest, who is oldest? It’s just always fun to know, and the topic always pops up sonenr r later on every good forum.

I may be a bit younger than you, i dunno. I would tell ya my age but i guess that prob violates a rule or something. pm me

Yes, Slartibartfast. If you mention your age, we’ll ban you from the website, send evil viruses to your computer, and set terrorists on you.

I think you better listen to him; he’s got the power of McDonalds behind him… :wink:

I’m 21. I am guessing the majority of the people on this site are college age although it seems that there are quite a few teens in the crowd.

I am surprised at the age of a few of you. I would have never picked up a philosophy book in high school. I was too busy being an idiot. :slight_smile:

I got into philosophy last year in middle school, but I had quite a different environment than most people. Private school can have it’s perks. Not many, but a few…

Theres plenty of time for everything.

Actually I can’t read philosophy books because I don’t know what the hell they’re saying. So just kinda read harry potter. The people at the library made me go into the childrens section to get it. They moved it out of the teen section and into the childrens. I don’t see what little kid would read 700 pages. And that’s the fourth book. That means they had to have read 3 other 200-300+ books just to get to it. Damn them. See it’s all part of their master plan to make me bitch like a little kid. Man o man I’m a loser…

Qzxtvbzr

I am impressed by the results so far. Most people are almost 10 years younger than me…

Qzxtvbzr

I would say that typical cop quote ‘anything you say can be used against you’ hehe… age is one of them.

Skeptic

When I was at school I was asking myself about how pointless life actually is and if everything was an everlasting dream I would never know…but I was also asking myself why mummy didn’t buy me that xmas pressy I asked for. I had no idea what philosophy was about.
When I was about 15/16 I was still asking the same questions, but rejecting xmas presents because I thought it was actually a very consumerist celebration and too pointless as I didn’t believe in God anymore. I knew about philosophy, I’ve thought I was too thick to study (or even read) it… so I didn’t try. A couple of years later I was interested but not studying it… still thought I was far too thick. Only about 4 years ago, when I finished university and got into political activism that I thought I would give it a try…
Now I study philosophy… but still think am too thick hehe… considering Kant was 22 in his first book (if am not mistaken)… I am now 25 and still only studying… and it’s not even an academic course… Of course I have many thoughts, but need to know if someone already thought that before.

I’ve always been an ‘idiot’, learning philosophy will only make me an idiot with knowledge… probably the worse kind of idiot hehe

Btw, Qzxtvbzr, how old are you?

cba1067950

Hehe… so don’t go near Being and Nothingness by J-P Sartre. As I am reading it in english it might make things harder as it is my 2nd language. But I started about 5 times… it gets easier when you understand the first pages… so they say.

cba1067950

That’s awful… not wanting to compare both author… but is the same as putting the Lord of the Rings in the kids section. I love Harry Potter… actually I am reading it at the moment. I want to take my holidays to write a children’s book, so am trying to get inspired hehe… Just went to see LoR yesterday, the film is great!

… am such a geek :cry:

Don’t worry, clem, you’re not alone! I bought tickets to Lord of the Rings 2 months ago, and yes, it is awesome. My friend and I are going to have some fun times reconstructing the fight scenes. Philosophy and martial arts/weapon arts: my two passions.

There are three types of philosopher: those who start out obscure and get clearer, those who start out clearly and grow obscure, and those who start out obscure and remain obscure. Lol, don’t feel bad. I don’t get most of what they’re saying either untill about halfway through the book where an epiphany normally comes along. :wink:

Oh yeah! I forgot, clem. I started this thread and never listed my age. I’m 14. :smiley: