Mel Gibson and Passion

It may be the most hotly awaited movie in film history, but Mel Gibson’s pet project Passion may become a reality.

Mel Gibson, may direct Passion, which deals with the last 12 hours of Christ’s life.

There is a catch however…it will be in Aramiac and Latin, and no subtitles.

Many applaud this daring project…which would almost be like living history.

I for one, hope he goes for it.

while i congradulate mel on his past and future success as a film star/maker I must say that the venture which you discussed i feel will fill its nich but will not be a success as hollywood sees it. Hopefully it will not hurt his career. Infact i loved him as hamlet. The Witty madness was acted brilliantly. But as for american audiences they want gore and guts.

Sadly the only version of Christ’s story could be viewed as the simpsons did it. Mcbain(arnold Knock off) Stars in some movie(terminator 2 Knock off) that’s title represents terminator and some religious word i cant remember forming a catchie religious title. Mcbain goes back in time to protect jesus from Robotic Romans.

Alas we all should shed a tear for our media driven fellows!

a more boring than usual night, i thought i’ll look through babble. with shock and horror i came across this! :astonished: - a desturbing thing indeed. Perhaps more desturbing than dogs getting excited with your leg and father christmas not been real!

i was stuck in two minds: to read or run. the temptation and fear was to much; then it grew, with quotes…

:angry: - did u hear that, “12 HOURS”!

i brushed it aside thinking it would be lightly criticised. i had to take breath when BluTGI said

WHAT! what i … dont know wot to say, im lost for words, you really said that! :cry:

?

HO P E FULL Y…I T …WILL…NOT…HURT …HIS…CAREER.
:smiley::slight_smile::confused::frowning::angry::imp:

leaving mad max out of it, what else has he done?

[plus - what happened to chess?]

It’s not going to be 12 hours long is it? And I’m pretty sure that it WON’T be in aramaic and latin as those are BOTH dead languages and I’m sure that no one would take the time to write a whole script in them and then expect everyone in the movie to be able to say their lines. You’re pulling our collective leg here.

I did; however, see a clip of the film at the Steubenville Youth Conference in Atlanta this summer and it looks really really good. The most realistic protrayal of what happened, perhaps. That is what a lot of the controverys is about if I understand corretly. It’s a very graphic movie. I think it will be a very moving film and perhaps open the eyes a little bit of those who don’t really understand what Jesus went through for us people.

I’m sorry…are you still talking about Mel Gibson here?

Let me recommend to you an obscure cult film known as Braveheart.

And yeah. His Hamlet kicked ass…way better than Kenneth Branagh’s.

Braveheart… the start of his australian hate of england. ive seen it, i hate it, my uncle likes to call me a english b* everytime its on tele (his scottish); then i like to point out to him that most of the film was historically documented wrong, and he argues back.