Aliens! And such...

Ever been freaked out by the idea of super-intelligent aliens that are just toying with human existance? I used to be scared of them when I was little, and now I just saw, “SIGNS” (A very enjoyable spooky movie about crop circles) and it brought it all back. The memories I mean…not the fear. I’m relativly certain aliens aren’t abducting me and then wiping my memory of it, but that’s what I used to be afraid of. I mean no one remembers having their memory wiped right? Anyways, I’m really just curious to find out what people were afraid of in their youth.
Who was your boogieman?
Mine was ‘E.T.’…

What freaks me out are paranormal powers. Ghosts/spirits.

That stuff freaks me out beyond belief. I was browsing through some web sites yesterday and came across all these sites posing video clips and audio snipets of certain encounterings…Damn

Then i was on Space.com the other day and they had that Black triange UFO exposed. The evidence along with other endless accounts of Alien-esque beings seems overwhelming and reason enough to believe in Aliens

but the ghost shit just freaks me out

I was, and still am, afraid of utter darkness. I’m fine with just night and darkness, but I hate total black darkness, so black you can’t see through it. That’s always freaked me out…because you can’t see what’s there and what isn’t. And I have an overactive imagination, so I’ll think of anything that could be in that darkness.

evil children, evil dolls and evil clowns scare me. and yes, i did watch the omen, childsplay and it aged 11.

Insects scare me. They’re small, crawly, and have far too many legs. and they move too fast. and they’re small enough to hide anywhere.

I cannot sleep with a fly in my room, i just keep thinking about falling asleep, and it landing on my face, and crawling in my MOUTH!

Euurrgh.

i used to be terrified of “transformers: the movie” you know the beginning part where unicron eats the planet? i always would have dreams where i would be lying in bed and unicron would attack earth and his horns would inpale me as they ran into the planet. nowadays tho… im not really scared of much (not to sound all super tuff) one thing that terifies the fuck out of me tho is havng a bad drug experience. tis one of the reason i do do them anymore.

Githa says signs was funny,scary and good.

There’s something called controled paranoia. I know it seems hard to believe, but if you aren’t looking a little paranoid to someone sitting next to you trying to sell you their bullshit, you may be lost. I know I probably don’t want it. Many times, we let our paranoia about this wild wild post modern world get to us.

Shit happens, and when it does you put it on a rose garden and deal with it. Read St.Michael’s Scales if you want to be kicked back to reality.

how different we all are…

aliens and extraterrestrials just make me smile,

i would say the thing that scare me the most is…myself :smiley:

everything else strange and different just makes me feel safe and secure, in that i’m also strange and different and so are they.

kinda liked the words of Sean Penn in the film ‘we’re no angels’ with Robert De Niro,
where he says, be nice to strangers, because oneday you mey be a stranger.

know myself, yeah sure up to the parts of me i could say i know, what to the other parts of my Johari’s window?

scares me to what one could see to what one strives to see.

yoda

I just saw Signs. I never want to see an alien again.

I told you HVD, Told you it had me with a gun sitting in a chair nodding my head rambling “the alien is gona get me, gona get me cant let him get me”

Did you do the same?

Also I want to add Jumping spiders to the list, not because of “8legged freaks” but because i was attacked as a teenager. Though it did not inflict a wound, seeing a spider jump higher than me and still do the normal spider stuff. His legs were frickin huge. he could have taken arnold out.

i remember when i was like 6 or 7 i watched my first godzilla movie. i dont remember which one it was but i just think its funny that i got so terrified by that because looking back now i know how cheesy the godzilla movies are. also when someone covers my mouth like with their hand or something (i have bad allergies so i usually cant breath all that well through my nose) and they dont know that i cant breath so they just keep their hand there. feels like im gonna die.

ok, i may be taking it all too far, but i still check the back seat of my car whenever i get in to make sure chucky or some other insane (and small) murderer is there, sometimes i check underneath it too, thanks to charlie’s suggestion that they could be hiding under there. also, i have to have my wardrobe over the entrance to the loft, after my boss told me a story about a bloke who took up residence in the top of the house and slit the throat of the girl who lived up there in her sleep. i’m fairly easily scared.

Blu, you called this one all right. Shit, I was gripping the armrest so hard i almost tore the upholstery. and my 15 yr old cousin was literally curled up in her seat (god bless america and their huge cinema seats) shitting herself, especially during the pantry scene and the mexican home video bit.

The video was bad, butthe whole Door scene. i was climbing the walls cause that was the proof i need. But a reviewer tore the movie apart rightfully so for its non high tech aliens.

a couple of quick notes…I too live in mortal terror of ghosts…those things that go bump in the night. Yet, at the same time, eagerly await my chance to see one.

UFO’s: Given the age of our Earth in comparison to the Universe, certainly by now we would have been visited. Yet where is the hardcore proof. Is travel beyond the speed of light even possible?, and if it is, does making the trip to Earth cause other problems for our alien visitors.

The earth is (about) between a third and a quarter of the total age of the universe. So i guess it is possible that we may have been visited at some point. But consider how young we are comared to the earth. i mean, we’ve been “civilised” for what, 10,000 years? the earth has been here for 4 billion years. Why couldnt they have arrived during the 3,000,090,000 years?

Is travel beyond the speed of light possible? According to our current science, probably not. But hell, we cant expect our science to be correct forever, maybe one day we will find out how we can break the speed limit.

What do you mean by “does making the trip to Earth cause other problems for our alien visitors”?

You know one thing that scared me ShortCut? Rover. Big bouncy white balloon shudder

ShortCut: I agree, why couldn’t thay have come during those years. But again you are faced with the proof unless you subscribe to the Art Bell/X files fringe and say we are hybrids of an alien race. Even Kubrick examined this idea in 2001: A Space Odyssey.

As for science…lol…we are still primitive in many ways. I mean we drive around in steel boxes fueled by petroleoum. Clever, but hardly space travel. Scientists however, are now openly saying there are at least 10 diminesions in existence.

As for danger for the aliens…maybe visiting us runs them the risk of diseases that are quickly fatal, or the atmosphere is an issue with them, or their just afraid we will shoot first, and ask questions later.

Finally, aaaaa…Rover…there is and was no more ambigiously horrofic symbol of death in TV history. It kills at its master’s whim, and bloodlessly…there is no escape Number Six…deal with it…

There is a big thought in science today stating that while up until the first cell there was everything but one ingredient and that some alien provided that ingrediant. DNA is a aspect of life and a requirement for it.

hell, i can do that in a nissan micra…