Women, why are you so...

Girls why do you treat us men so badly?? :angry:

I mean recently I got freindly with this girl, and I really liked her. We were getting on really well and things, when - I wont say all of a sudden - but over quite a short period of time she rapidly started icing me out so to speak, that is, acting as if shed never known me. I dont know why. Shed talk to everyone but me, shed hardly respond when Id say hello - which was hardly ever by now - and I just got the general feeling she wanted to avoid me. And finally on one of the last days of college she brought this t-shirt in for all her freinds to sign and guess what? - she never even aked me. Thats ok. After all, by that time we werent speaking at all, even if it was her fault. But I wish she hadnt done it in front of me. Her freind even lent on a table I was sitting at to write on the b*st*rd thing, but she didnt even notice me there (her, not her freind).

On one of the last days before I moved away I met her by chance in the street. She seemed like her old self, when she was nice. I asked her at one point in the conversation why she had acted so oddly towards me, she kind of shrugged and smiled and acted as if she didnt know what I was talking about, that she had detected no strange behaviour on her part. We exchange email addresses. She told me shed write, takes care to get my address right etc.

She took ages to respond. I had to write to her. She responds weeks later with this - I`m well. Sorry for the delay. Bye

:angry: :angry:

She wrote a few other emails afterwards, but with nothing of conversation or personal in themā€¦

I only want to know why she treated me so strangely, and then why she refused to write any proper emails to me. Ive written to ask why and she never answers. It doesnt take much does it just to write back and give me some sort of explanation, however crap it may beā€¦ or just to say f*** off!! I hate you!!!ā€¦even that would be better than ignoring me.
After all I probably will never see her againā€¦I want some last message.

It may seem a bit unfair to say all girls are like this, but I get the general feeling that most are. Theres this general feeling of irresponsability with peoples feelings.

F**k, I love her. :cry:

Women: cant live with them, cant live without them

And, ā€œthe more you love a girl the more you allow them to hurt you.ā€ some meathead frat brother told me that

where do i start? that is a completly ridiculous statement, how many girls have done this to you out of the thousands you must have met in your life? a lot of blokes will take your phone number and not call. you just need to get over it.

i donā€™t mean to sound harsh, but she really doesnā€™t seem interested. i donā€™t know the situation at all, but if i were you iā€™d leave it and find someone else. thereā€™s no point in going out with someone who isnā€™t going to be nice to you.

About this girl, Jon4th4n, to me it sounds like someone has tainted her image of you in her mind. You should look for any rival malesā€¦or even females that donā€™t want you around her or have some kind of interest in her. Go back through your memories and try to remember a situation where it may have looked one way but really it was another and this person would have been there to see it and report back to the girl about what you supposedly did.
Or, someone let her know that you like her. Maybe she only wanted to be friends and has a problem with having males as only friends, since men almost always want more. So she thought you were that one friend she could have until someone told her you liked her. So she backed off and lost faith in the friendship between you two.
Or, she was hunting for you and the circumstances just didnā€™t allow something to happen, so in the meantime another predator made his move and got her so she lost her mojo for youā€¦sorry just finished watching Austin Powers Goldmember (good movie).
Maybe something happened between you and one of the other members of the group you were speaking about that she would talk to but exclude you. Maybe one of them didnā€™t like you and this girl is one of those groupie types, so that whatever the group thinks - she thinks.

Only you can add merit to anyone or none of these suggestions.

Whatā€™s your take?

Louise - :slight_smile: I dont want to go out with her and Im not asking her to, since she lives in Brazil and I now live in Britain! Ok fair enough, many people will say theyll phone etc and then dont, and Im alright with that. But what I was asking for was a simple explanation for her wierd behaviour, and I feel frustrated as to why she wont answer my questions.

Magius -
Again, thanks for your post.

Some of these possibilities you mention have ran through my mind also.
Maybe something happened for her to change her opinion of me - people dont just stop liking someone else so quickly if there isnt a reason, surely. At the moment though I can`t think what I did or saidā€¦

I must admit the only wanting to be freinds possibilty strikes me as being the most likely though.

I really hope it wasn`t the third one. This would be terrible.

As for her being a groupie, no, I don`t think she was. Thats partly why I loved her so much, she was so different from other people and not afraid to show it.

Anyway, it doesnt matter any more - shes on another continent :wink:

Women definitely are cunts.

I was thinking this yesterday when at the Works, very drunk, on my birthday. I went up to a chap I fancied (not seriously, but heā€™s fit - Office Man, to clarify to any Kingstonians) and announced that it was my birthday. He blanked me. Wouldnā€™t even look at me. My point is, most blokes would normally respond in some way, whereas when blokes drunkenly stagger over to girls, we ignore them. My conclusion was a) heā€™s a wanker and b) he treated me the way girls generally treat blokes. And itā€™s shite.

wellā€¦ I dont mean to hurt, but all I do is offer the truth.

Reasons why she might have treated you that way

1. Youā€™re uglyā€¦ not the type that she can show off to her friends
  2. You cant dress very well. For eg green shirt, orange pantsā€¦ you know
  3. Sheā€™s been hurt in the past and cant help but be cautious and thatā€™s her only way of putting up a shield
  4. 1-4 means that sheā€™s either immature, young or easily influenced by friends
  5. She 's a playerā€¦ or she thinks she is.
  6. Youā€™re a playerā€¦or you think you are.

I agree with

but it works both ways. Dont let your guard down until youā€™re sure youā€™re in.
Silly girls like that arenā€™t worth your time anyways, because a reasonable person would have admitted their flaw or even lied to give you a reason.

Im not ugly. Im dress well (I dont mean Im a fashion slave, I just mean I have a proper sense of style).
What`s a player?

I dont think shes easily influenced by freinds. Shes the type of person that kind of talks and is freinds with everyone, but she didnt seem be in any kind of crowd. One of the reasons why I liked her. Seemed more mature than other people, but more fun aswel.

I really dont know why she acted like she did towards me. Perhaps she didnt even noticeā€¦well, not much anyway. I wasn`t\am not asking her to like me, I just wanted her to treat me like a normal person. Oh well.

Nasticillious what does your signuture say? Is it Spanish?

a player is a juggler put quite simply. He/she has multiple partners and gets a fix from messing w/ peopleā€™s heads.
A dog = player.

de pie o la muerte nunca en las rodillas, translates roughly to ON FOOT OR DEATH, NEVER ON THE KNEESā€¦
it was a liberalist thingy in spanish countriesā€¦ meaning Iā€™ll never beg for mercy but people can take it to mean As long as I live, Iā€™ll never give oral sex. :laughing:

oh right :smiley: I thought it had something to do with hillsā€¦ - ā€˜ā€˜never on the hillsā€™ā€™ or somethingā€¦donā€™t know why

oh yeah, and I really donā€™t think she is\was a playerā€¦I really donā€™t

I think that when she shrugged that last time you asked her about her behavior would defenitly be a stopping point for your curiousity or even your affection. Some women have trouble with relationships for many reasons. She may not be looking for a friend at the moment.

However, I believe from personal experience that she didnā€™t want any strings attached whatsoever. She was moving, right? To a far off country, right? Iā€™ve moved more times than I want to remember. Every time it hurts to say goodbye to a person I even slightly know. Because then it is like saying goodbye to your whole way of life that was there. She probably was not trying to hurt you, she was probably just trying to save a piece of herself. If none of that helps, remember, correspondence these days sucks anyway.[/list]

The most irritating thing about liking a woman who doesnā€™t like you is that you hang on to ANY glimpse of hope that she might like you. So even though you know the best thing you can do is just to forget all about her and leave it alone you go up to her and ask her why sheā€™s ignored you etc. The fact is, she doesnā€™t give a damn about you and sheā€™d rather you just left her alone. Being polite sheā€™ll probably give you some half-hearted reason or deny any knowledge that she was being off with you. You believe her and carry on bugging her and trying desperately to gain her friendship.

The best thing to do in that situation is to leave well alone. If she likes you, sheā€™ll make it clear. Otherwise get over it and move on, sheā€™s probably got herpes anyway.

Andrea - actually it was me that was moving. This was in Brazilā€¦I moved to Britain earlier this yearā€¦but Iā€™m not sure if this makes any difference to what you saidā€¦not sure if I agreeā€¦interesting though

Ben - yes your most rightā€¦probably there is no reason why she turned on meā€¦women are crazy, and fickleā€¦

I still object to you saying shes got herpes though :slight_smile:

Perhaps men and women shouldnā€™t even try to have relationships, just sex now and again

Women, you donā€™t know what you want.

ok, fine, this girlā€™s been a bit of a cow, probably because she just doesnā€™t fancy you. anyway, there is no need to dismiss all women just because of one failed relationship, and iā€™m actually starting to find your comments rather insulting.

hey sorry louise :confused: ā€¦I was feeling angry at the timeā€¦I exageratedā€¦you must forgive my italian tempermentā€¦

I wasnā€™t basing it on her onlyā€¦but I see that they were unfair comments

men and women both have their faults