comedians

“So there, we have figured it out, go back to bed America, your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed America, your government is in control again. Here, here’s American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up. Go back to bed America, here’s American Gladiators. Here’s 56 channels of it. Watch these pituitary retards bang their fuckin skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go America, you are free… to do as we tell you. You are free, to do as we tell you.”

Bill Hicks

“So there, we have figured it out, go back to bed America, your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed America, your government is in control again. Here, here’s American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up. Go back to bed America, here’s American Gladiators. Here’s 56 channels of it. Watch these pituitary retards bang their fuckin skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go America, you are free… to do as we tell you. You are free, to do as we tell you.”

"The world is like a ride at an amusement park and when you choose to go on it you think it’s real 'cuz that’s how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it’s very brightly colored and it’s very loud. And it’s fun, for awhile. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question “is this real, or is this just a ride?” And other people have remembered and they come back to us and they say “hey, don’t worry, don’t be afraid - ever -because this is just a ride. And we… kill those people (laughs). (in a different voice) Shut him up. We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real. (normal voice) It’s just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that. D’ya ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn’t matter… because, it’s just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It’s only a choice. No effort, no work, no jobs, no savings of money… a choice right now between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here’s what we can do to change the world right now… to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defense each year and instead spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded and we can explore space… together… both inner and outer… forever, in peace.”

Bill hicks, in a philosophical mood…

:astonished:

:laughing:

Chris Morris:
“I’m sitting opposite a man, he knows nothing, he talks all the time, the result is he’s a trenchant buffoon, he has no idea how to present television shows, he looks ridiculous in that fashion-wear, he swans around all the time hoping that people will recognise him, when in fact no-body’s even remotely interested, he’s taken up enough of this show already and he hasn’t even opened his mouth, god knows why he’s here, I’ve nothing to ask the guy, and er for all I know he may well be a bit of a cocoa shunter too. Darcus Howe -”

DH: “What’s a cocoa shunter?”

CM: “Cocoa shunter, that’s just what I’ve got - sorry that’s the introduction to Robert Elms… Sorry do you know Robert Elms? I’ve just read out the introduction to Robert Elms.”

From Brasseye “Episode 6; Moral Decline” koekie.org.uk/funnel/brasseye/brass6.html

Babbling babblers

Louise,
Whether or not Marijuana is legalized is one thing, the fact that it grows upon our planet is another. You are confusing concepts. It’s NOT like they are saying God made a mistake, it’s NOT like they are saying that nature is illegal - what they are saying is that smoking marijuana is illegal. This is something you appear not to take into account in your post. How you draw the correlation that Marijuana itself is illegal, or that that is the message they are trying to get out, is absurd. Marijuana is used for medicinal purposes, amongst other things (I think some people have found it to be a good source for paper), so now that it is shown that it has a good purpose should I jump and say “oh, oh, I know, Marijuana is the gift to man kind, because it is legal to use in that way it means that God did the right thing and nature is good!”, is that what I should say? There are many substances on planet Earth that are against the law, no one ever said that something being against the law is against God or against nature. It is the ‘use’ of the substance that is illegal. It’s like you are saying that since killing is wrong, and I kill a person using a poison that comes from a cactus, then cactuses are against nature and a mistake by God.

Personally I don’t believe in right and wrong in a real sense, by which I mean that nature doesn’t have right and wrong. Morality is something that was created by humans. It is a conceptual framework used to make our lives easier, but it is by no means so kind of higher ruling based within nature.

What’s your take?

magius, i think you have missed the point entirely. i found that passage ammusing, it is not my own words, and it would not be the argument i would use for the legalisation of canabis (which i do agree with). for the drugs debate, i suggest you look at http://ilovephilosophy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=138077 this debate, in the philosophy forum.

No, you’ve missed the point.

The American religious right are anti-pot in general. Does it say smoking it is morally wrong in the bible? No. Modern day christian interpreters have come up with that simply becuase in general they are against anyone having fun, or enjoying themselves. So they assume their god would be anti-drugs.

No where in the bible does it mention marijuana, let alone prohibit its use. Hicks is ridiculing the bible bashers who do. Mainly becuase not only (as with all religious shit) is there no logic behind it, but there isn’t even any faith behind it, other than yokels in some jumped up redneck priests.

RedJames,
your reply leaves me baffled as to whether you are backing my point or are against it. It appears, since you say ‘no you’ve missed the point’ at the begining, that you are telling Louise that he/she missed the point. But you replied without stating you were speaking to Louise having only my quote, so it appears as though you are telling ‘me’ that I have missed the point.

Can you clarify?

sorry, for the record, does louise sound like a bloke’s name to you?

you might be french?

that would be louis. with no e.

Ah, but you might be Louis Etoile of Marseilles, but you prefer LouisE. Ha, find your way out of this one!

i would use a space in between then - Louis E - so as to make it look like i didn’t have a girl’s name.

you know i’m right :wink:

I have to warn you, I have never backed down from an argument before. Don’t make me resort to “Your Mum” jokes.

‘I don’t know why you claim to be Sigmund Freud.’

‘Why do you claim I’m not Sigmund Freud?’

‘Why do you keep asking me these questions?’

‘Tell me about your mother.’

bill & ted

Billy, you are adapting to the oddity of time-travel with the greatest of ease.
bill & ted

Not the best line, but one thta still cracks me up for some reason.

Louise, Ive got to ask, Excellent Adventure, or Bogus Journey?

“Have you ever heard of the emancipation proclamation?”
“No, i don’t listen to hip-hop”
South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

excellent adventure, clearly. it was hilarious.

I liked Bogus Journey too, but i didn’t like the ending. Especially that part with the robots, i mean WTF?

I did prefer the first, it was fresh, but the second was uber-cool too.

i want to see gold member. i think that the rest of the population of london has been to see it and i’m feeling left out.

heathers is one of my favourite films: ‘a rebel? is that what you think you are?’. teen angst epitomised.