What are you doing? (Part 1)

I am browsing internet. Exploring forum posts :slight_smile:

Science fiction is stupid.

Wondering where all the good dance music is these days? Not finding any, I’ve returned to searching for '90s tribal music and the search ain’t going so well.

Is that you Spring? :happy-smileyflower:

…set to stun!

I take it that you never watch sci-fi?

I knew I shouldn’t have had that second cup of coffee Thursday afternoon… this caffeine slump is playing havoc with my day. :sleeping-asleep:

…and don’t even get me started on the bag of wotsits I also had playing havoc with my guts. :crying-blue:

Pour more coffee into my enormous cup, please!

Avicii died. Skrillex is still alive.

I don’t know why, but I’ve never been able to spend any time submerged in or as a fan of fantasy stories. For whatever reason, I just find that sort of thing appalling.

Should we call you Wired Wendy? :smiley:

A once-a-day caffeine boost is all I can seem to handle. :neutral_face:

Hope life is treating you good WendyD?

I was kinda with you all the way… up until appalling. Why appalling? That’s quite a strong word for a whole movie genre, no? :neutral_face:

I thought you’d be one of the first up there to see Black Panther… what with your support of the whole ‘black power’ movement? or is that taking it too far…

It’s just that people only have so much time to keep up with what’s going on in the world, and most people don’t. Instead, they spend their time indulging in fantasy nonsense and remain ignorant to a lot of important thing. Imagine if all the time that people have collectively spent thinking about star wars had been spent instead thinking about humanity or war or politics or how to make society better for everyone.

Just acted as Joker’s barber and taught him the meaning of hoopty. It’s turning out to be quite the day. :evilfun:

A true villain never gets his hair cut, much less by a woman…

Some may have too much time…

Can such types not do both?

…watching Gotham.

If you’ve got time to read harry potter or watch star wars, then you should spend it doing something more productive.

Well, technically it does, people bond over such culture, especially the ones you mentioned. that aside, why the hell would you want to make society better for everyone? that world your kind are trying to create will never exist because nature itself is heavily against it, even in a direct contradiction. What is it with you people and your utter humane desperation, when are you going to get real about reality and just knock it off, Yeah you can keep playing it safe, rich boy, with your virtue signalling…but your deceit is evident.

Do you spend every single second of your day being productive?

Downtime… when the body is resting from the day’s tolls… that’s what books and movies are made for, but… having said that, I have not read books in years, as my capacity had been severely limited and therefore been redirected elsewhere.

When one’s capacity to do is severely compromised, we have no choice but to restrict our output, but there is no need to when such restrictions don’t apply, and so we play.

I somewhat agree with this, but not to the extent that society would have no control over their lives, but that we should be encouraged to set aside some time to contribute to humanity or war or politics or how to make society better for everyone… it would also make for better, more relevant, politics.

Thanks MagsJ, I will keep that offer in mind :slight_smile:
I am wondering if I am the only one who has not watched Star Wars?!
I just never got around to watching it. I hardly watch tv anymore either. I stopped paying my cable bill back in Aug, and do not regret it.
I have to have internet though. It is more valuable to me than cable, and I can still watch youtube, Netflix, and free movies if I want to.

Whoa man. Don’t say things like, “virtue signaling” to me. You sound like a sociology student. My point is simple. Submerging yourself in fiction isn’t as good as submerging yourself in reality. Bonding with other comic book nerds? You can keep that shit. I’m not trying to create a world per se. I’m saying that a lot of people would be better off if they got their heads out of the clouds.