What's for dinner?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:30 am

Chicken thighs and diced potatoes smothered in portabella mushroom gravy and macaroni and cheese.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:56 pm

Hatch green chilis and provolone cheese hamburgers, broccoli and cheddar cheese rice, peaches drizzled over sweet biscuits.

[Edit: Spanish rice instead]
Last edited by WendyDarling on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:25 am

Prime rib with potatoes and mac and cheese, 2 manhattans and that's it.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:35 pm

Broiled pink salmon, broccoli and cheddar cheese rice, and a salad.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:23 pm

Chicken marinara over penne noodles, salad, and five cheese garlic toast.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:18 pm

Tomorrow: Beef and chicken spicy hard shell and soft shell tacos with fixins'.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:16 am

What's a fixin?
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:12 am

Everything you fix a taco up with: lettuce, cheddar cheese, onions, diced tomatoes, jalepenos, salsa, sour cream, guacamole
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:10 pm

Steaks, turkey cornbread stuffing, and salads.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Blurry » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:37 pm

Last week I got these gorgeous strip steaks that I put garlic pepper and salt on and pan-fried to a perfect medium rare. I've been craving them again ever since, I think that's on the menu for tonight. Possibly with some sort of potato or rice side.

Out of curiosity, what do you all consider a normal dinner time? I generally eat my "lunch" meal in the evening and then eat dinner around 10pm, and then get weird flack from people for eating dinner so late.
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:54 pm

Homemade pizzas with loads of toppings.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:37 pm

Pork chops, potatoes O' Brien, and sweet corn.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:35 am

Cajun Creole chicken, rice, and veggies.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:28 am

Blurry wrote:Last week I got these gorgeous strip steaks that I put garlic pepper and salt on and pan-fried to a perfect medium rare. I've been craving them again ever since, I think that's on the menu for tonight. Possibly with some sort of potato or rice side.

Out of curiosity, what do you all consider a normal dinner time? I generally eat my "lunch" meal in the evening and then eat dinner around 10pm, and then get weird flack from people for eating dinner so late.

I eat at different times every day. I'm not exactly on a rigorous schedule, so I sleep when I'm tired, wake up when I naturally wake up, eat when I'm hungry, etc. Sometimes it'll be at a "normal" time, sometimes I'm the only person in the restaurant before or after the lunch or dinner rush. I can drive to wherever so if its late, there's someplace open somewhere that has something I want, I may go out of the way to go and get it because I love to drive. Imagine waking up at 3am, ready to start your day, but you want tacos. So you drive to the taco trucks outside of the late night clubs and get tacos. Or you wake up at 3 in the afternoon, and you really want fine dining. So you go and have a fine dining place practically to yourself.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:34 am

Like I had some bbq at about 4pm today, now its 11:30pm, but I'm tired, so I'll probably go to sleep. So was the bbq for breakfast or dinner? Lunch? Does it depend on when I eat again? Or at what time? Both?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:47 am

Grass fed filet mignon, mac and cheese, a small croissant and a creme brulee.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:39 pm

Smoked ham steaks, baked potatoes, and Brussels sprouts.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:40 am

Cheeses, fruits, nuts, deli meats and wine.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:58 pm

Ground beef :confusion-shrug: Chili
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Blurry » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:08 am

A co-worker made an abundance of stuffed shells and so brought me some of the leftovers, along with a few slices of homemade garlic bread. It was all delicious, and I still have enough left to have them again tomorrow. Delightful.
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby Meno_ » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:30 pm

Had some really good pizza ,actually the best I've ever had, which I usually would washbdown with ale, but since i am starting a new job Monday where they have.random alcohol and drug testing, I had to do suffice with h20.
Meno_
Philosopher

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:52 pm

Meno_ wrote:Had some really good pizza ,actually the best I've ever had, which I usually would washbdown with ale, but since i am starting a new job Monday where they have.random alcohol and drug testing, I had to do suffice with h20.

I hope you enjoy your new job, Meno.
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:19 am

Tomorrow's entree will be tater tot casserole.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat