What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: What are you doing?

Postby mannikin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:31 am

She promotes feminism then becomes disappointed by its feminizing impact on men... I wouldn't bother responding, she's a nut job.
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."
User avatar
mannikin
King Of The Damned
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:41 am

Re: What are you doing?

Postby gib » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:12 am

That's nothing. Have a listen to this audio recording about the Mandan Natives:

http://www.shahspace.com/ILP/Mandan%20Rite%20of%20Passage.mp3
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

“Everyone is always like ‘how do you feel about feminism? how do you feel about feminism?’ and it’s like maybe I don’t wanna fucking talk about feminism, maybe I just wanna be a female producer, because it’s like even being a female producer is so rare it drives people fucking crazy. It’s like my sheer existence is like a political act, I think, to a lot of people. It’s not to me.”

- Claire Boucher
User avatar
gib
little shitheaded Buddha
 
Posts: 8167
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: lost (don't try to find me)

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Pandora » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:58 am

Magnus Anderson wrote:What is your pain threshold, Pandora? It makes sense to look down upon that white man if you, yourself, have a considerably higher level of pain tolerance, but if that is not the case, then you're merely being a perfectionist, and perfectionism itself is a product of low level of tolerance of particular kind.
I think I'll let you answer that for yourself, Magnus.

manni wrote:She promotes feminism then becomes disappointed by its feminizing impact on men... I wouldn't bother responding, she's a nut job.
Yeah, a typical attitude of a victimized modern man - blame the woman for not being a real man. :lol: =D> You're no better than those who demand others to lower themselves so you can feel more than what you are, because you're just not up to the challenge. Should a woman step down or should a man step up? If a woman steps down for you does it automatically make you a man? This is your kind of thinking, you're just asking for others to flatter you so you don't have to do anything. All you have to do is to get yourself a subservient Asian female and voila...you're a "man" again.

Maybe it's time for a Man's March. You should be there, with your toned abs as proof of your superior manhood.
I'll be watching and eating my triple serving of cheesecake, as I feel sorry for myself for not being a woman enough for guys like you.

Image
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3655
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: What are you doing?

Postby mannikin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:29 am

Stop crying, Pandora.

Just cut the carbs and hit the treadmill, this will allow you then to address your extreme case of sexual frustration.

Sure, you can continue your global shit testing, shaming tactics and emotional provocative ways, and attempting to place yourself as the objective of reality as some kind of challenge because you are inherently female, which makes you, what? automatically worthy..ha

Look, the female is having a break down convincing herself that the lack of her being dominated is due to a man's weakness rather than his selective standards.

P.s if all else fails

Try fetlife to deal with your obvious daddy issues..
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."
User avatar
mannikin
King Of The Damned
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:41 am

Re: What are you doing?

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:07 am

Hypothyroidism is the lack of thyroid hormones in the system.

The Hypothalamus
This serves as a communications centre for the pituitary gland, by sending messages or signals to the pituitary in the form of hormones which travel via the bloodstream and nerves down the pituitary stalk. These signals, in turn, control the production and release of further hormones from the pituitary gland which signal other glands and organs in the body.

The hypothalamus influences the functions of temperature regulation, food intake, thirst and water intake, sleep and wake patterns, emotional behaviour and memory.


So I've been suffering from temperature regulation (always burning up), food intake (gained a buttload of weight in a few months, constantly craving sugar), thirst and water intake (always have dry mouth and need to constantly sip on water), sleep and wake patterns (erratic at best, sleeping up to 16 hrs. at worst), emotional behaviour and memory (Lolz! Me bitchy?), all of the hypothalamus' influence. It's been an ongoing nightmare, then daymare, then nightmare, etc for the last 3-4 months. Still getting terrible headaches and a constant ringing in my right ear. Tomorrow I start a medication for hypothyroidism, but if that does not help and I mean fast, then that is not the correct diagnosis and it is probably the hypothalamus. My pituitary gland is kaput.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 4550
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: What are you doing?

Postby gib » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:05 am

WendyDarling wrote:Hypothyroidism is the lack of thyroid hormones in the system.

The Hypothalamus
This serves as a communications centre for the pituitary gland, by sending messages or signals to the pituitary in the form of hormones which travel via the bloodstream and nerves down the pituitary stalk. These signals, in turn, control the production and release of further hormones from the pituitary gland which signal other glands and organs in the body.

The hypothalamus influences the functions of temperature regulation, food intake, thirst and water intake, sleep and wake patterns, emotional behaviour and memory.


So I've been suffering from temperature regulation (always burning up), food intake (gained a buttload of weight in a few months, constantly craving sugar), thirst and water intake (always have dry mouth and need to constantly sip on water), sleep and wake patterns (erratic at best, sleeping up to 16 hrs. at worst), emotional behaviour and memory (Lolz! Me bitchy?), all of the hypothalamus' influence. It's been an ongoing nightmare, then daymare, then nightmare, etc for the last 3-4 months. Still getting terrible headaches and a constant ringing in my right ear. Tomorrow I start a medication for hypothyroidism, but if that does not help and I mean fast, then that is not the correct diagnosis and it is probably the hypothalamus. My pituitary gland is kaput.


Jesus, Wendy, you gonna be okay? Have you experienced this before? Is this a self-diagnosis or formal? Anything happen 3 or 4 months ago? Anything you can remember?
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

“Everyone is always like ‘how do you feel about feminism? how do you feel about feminism?’ and it’s like maybe I don’t wanna fucking talk about feminism, maybe I just wanna be a female producer, because it’s like even being a female producer is so rare it drives people fucking crazy. It’s like my sheer existence is like a political act, I think, to a lot of people. It’s not to me.”

- Claire Boucher
User avatar
gib
little shitheaded Buddha
 
Posts: 8167
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: lost (don't try to find me)

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:49 am

Pandora, I don't have a victim complex, and I'm not feminine, and I bang empowered women who make their own choices and you don't like me either.

You just a hater by your nature or something? Tell me how to live so that I can satisfy your ideals.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24174
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby gib » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:55 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:You just a hater by your nature...


Hey that rhymes.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

“Everyone is always like ‘how do you feel about feminism? how do you feel about feminism?’ and it’s like maybe I don’t wanna fucking talk about feminism, maybe I just wanna be a female producer, because it’s like even being a female producer is so rare it drives people fucking crazy. It’s like my sheer existence is like a political act, I think, to a lot of people. It’s not to me.”

- Claire Boucher
User avatar
gib
little shitheaded Buddha
 
Posts: 8167
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: lost (don't try to find me)

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Magnus Anderson » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:05 am

Pandora wrote:
Magnus Anderson wrote:What is your pain threshold, Pandora? It makes sense to look down upon that white man if you, yourself, have a considerably higher level of pain tolerance, but if that is not the case, then you're merely being a perfectionist, and perfectionism itself is a product of low level of tolerance of particular kind.
I think I'll let you answer that for yourself, Magnus.


In other words, you don't want to answer my question.

If you truly are justified in looking down upon that guy for having lower pain threshold than these Amazon boys, which means, your own pain threshold is considerably higher than his, all it takes is to say "yes, my pain threshold is significantly higher". And yet, you refuse. You leave it up to me to figure out the answer.

My personal opinion is that you are our resident White shaming perfectionist . . . basically someone who judges everyone, but mostly White people, according to some very high standard that he himself does not meet.

That's easy.

You, and everyone else, should fill ashamed of yourself for failing to meet the dinosaur standard of physical dimensions.
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:48 am

gibbutter wrote
Jesus, Wendy, you gonna be okay? Have you experienced this before? Is this a self-diagnosis or formal? Anything happen 3 or 4 months ago? Anything you can remember?


Joker convinced me to seek medical attention since I was in a downward spiral. The nurse practitioner had my bloodwork checked to find the thyroid condition, but I have a bad feeling that it may be more serious, particularly regarding the pituitary gland's hypothalamus. This is all new to me. The weird hum in my ear started about a year ago and I've also noticed more sinus issues, a congestion I'd never had before. Other than those things, nothing else comes to mind about the possible causes.

As long as it's not a cancerous tumor attached to the gland, I'll be fine once they diagnose me correctly. The thyroid meds will probably bring some relief regarding my energy level so that's positive, but if the other symptoms persist I'll be letting her know during my follow-up visit in 2 wks. For those of you who think I need a lobotomy, your wish may come true. :evilfun:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 4550
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: What are you doing?

Postby gib » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:45 pm

Good luck with the doctors, Wendy. I'm sure you're in good hands. In trying to think of what I could do to help, I can't think of anything except I might send you a bottle of Advil. You want some Advil, Wendy? What's your address? :D
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

“Everyone is always like ‘how do you feel about feminism? how do you feel about feminism?’ and it’s like maybe I don’t wanna fucking talk about feminism, maybe I just wanna be a female producer, because it’s like even being a female producer is so rare it drives people fucking crazy. It’s like my sheer existence is like a political act, I think, to a lot of people. It’s not to me.”

- Claire Boucher
User avatar
gib
little shitheaded Buddha
 
Posts: 8167
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: lost (don't try to find me)

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Leyla » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:24 pm

Those symptoms remind a lot of Diabetes. It might be useful to have a long-term blood-sugar test.
User avatar
Leyla
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:58 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:46 pm

WendyDarling wrote:gibbutter wrote
Jesus, Wendy, you gonna be okay? Have you experienced this before? Is this a self-diagnosis or formal? Anything happen 3 or 4 months ago? Anything you can remember?


Joker convinced me to seek medical attention since I was in a downward spiral. The nurse practitioner had my bloodwork checked to find the thyroid condition, but I have a bad feeling that it may be more serious, particularly regarding the pituitary gland's hypothalamus. This is all new to me. The weird hum in my ear started about a year ago and I've also noticed more sinus issues, a congestion I'd never had before. Other than those things, nothing else comes to mind about the possible causes.

As long as it's not a cancerous tumor attached to the gland, I'll be fine once they diagnose me correctly. The thyroid meds will probably bring some relief regarding my energy level so that's positive, but if the other symptoms persist I'll be letting her know during my follow-up visit in 2 wks. For those of you who think I need a lobotomy, your wish may come true. :evilfun:


I for one, think you could benefit from some good old fashioned brain surgery.
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.
 
Posts: 7753
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:10 pm

You shouldn't have brain surgery unless youre already going to die.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24174
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby gib » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:58 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:You shouldn't have brain surgery unless youre already going to die.


Or just for shits and giggles when you're out drunk with your buddies.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

“Everyone is always like ‘how do you feel about feminism? how do you feel about feminism?’ and it’s like maybe I don’t wanna fucking talk about feminism, maybe I just wanna be a female producer, because it’s like even being a female producer is so rare it drives people fucking crazy. It’s like my sheer existence is like a political act, I think, to a lot of people. It’s not to me.”

- Claire Boucher
User avatar
gib
little shitheaded Buddha
 
Posts: 8167
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: lost (don't try to find me)

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Pandora » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:25 am

Magnus Anderson wrote:
My personal opinion is that you are our resident White shaming perfectionist . . . basically someone who judges everyone, but mostly White people, according to some very high standard that he himself does not meet.

You, and everyone else, should fill ashamed of yourself for failing to meet the dinosaur standard of physical dimensions.
Okay, Magnus. If you say so.

manni wrote:bla...bla...bla...
What happened to not bothering to respond to this nut job? So much for the weight of your words, manni.

Smears wrote:You just a hater by your nature or something?
By my own standards, I'm actually pretty mellow and understanding.
smears wrote:Pandora, I don't have a victim complex, and I'm not feminine, and I bang empowered women who make their own choices and you don't like me either.
Tell me how to live so that I can satisfy your ideals.
I don't think you could do it, Smears. Your ideal of a man is one who bangs the most chicks, so you're stuck in a juvenile mentality. I think it's just part of your upbringing and is probably also your ceiling. This is as high as you go, Casanova man; you're ruled and defined by your own dick.
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3655
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: What are you doing?

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:48 am

Pandabear,

:o He is? Lolz ...Over the last six months, your sense of humor has kept me in stitches. Thanks Pandabear.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 4550
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Magnus Anderson » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:14 am

There are a lot of fucked up women who are difficult to control simply because they are fucked up. They make it easy for themselves by deluding themselves into thinking that men are scared of them because they are strong, independent, women or because these men are not men enough. It's never because they, these women, are creeps.

But what can you expect from passive, selfless, proxy juggling sex?

It has no sense of self whatsoever. No consciousness regarding its limits, capacities, in relation to others. They are forever looking away from themselves and towards something foreign. Xenophiles.
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Artimas » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:21 am

Why support feminism? You would think humans would have learned by now....

A "god" who deserves worship will be humble enough to reject it; A "god" who demands worship will not be worthy of it.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3190
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: What are you doing?

Postby mannikin » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:48 pm

bored, watching youtube vids..where is everyone?
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."
User avatar
mannikin
King Of The Damned
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:41 am

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Artimas wrote:Why support feminism? You would think humans would have learned by now....


So are you for or against feminism, Artimas? It is hard for me to tell that by your question. It's kind of ambiguous.
Anyway, there are a lot of intelligent, self-aware men who support feminism. There is the positive side to it. Why wouldn't any real man who is up to the challenge want to be with a woman who could be all that she could be - however and whatever she chose that to be.
What does it say about the man who doesn't? He's fearful and trembling. :evilfun:

Would a caring responsible husband or lover want his wife or partner to be less than she could be or become?
What's one of the most important things about any kind of relationship - helping one another to grow...human evolution.
SAPERE AUDE!


If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.


What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel


I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
 
Posts: 14442
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby gib » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:37 pm

Pandora wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:You just a hater by your nature or something?

By my own standards, I'm actually pretty mellow and understanding.


Yikes!
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

“Everyone is always like ‘how do you feel about feminism? how do you feel about feminism?’ and it’s like maybe I don’t wanna fucking talk about feminism, maybe I just wanna be a female producer, because it’s like even being a female producer is so rare it drives people fucking crazy. It’s like my sheer existence is like a political act, I think, to a lot of people. It’s not to me.”

- Claire Boucher
User avatar
gib
little shitheaded Buddha
 
Posts: 8167
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: lost (don't try to find me)

Re: What are you doing?

Postby mannikin » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:33 pm

I'm observing the terror in the city, manni is close. A girl dead splattered on sidewalk, blood everywhere..
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."
User avatar
mannikin
King Of The Damned
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:41 am

Re: What are you doing?

Postby gib » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:57 pm

mannikin wrote:I'm observing the terror in the city, manni is close. A girl dead splattered on sidewalk, blood everywhere..


You're joking...
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

“Everyone is always like ‘how do you feel about feminism? how do you feel about feminism?’ and it’s like maybe I don’t wanna fucking talk about feminism, maybe I just wanna be a female producer, because it’s like even being a female producer is so rare it drives people fucking crazy. It’s like my sheer existence is like a political act, I think, to a lot of people. It’s not to me.”

- Claire Boucher
User avatar
gib
little shitheaded Buddha
 
Posts: 8167
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: lost (don't try to find me)

Re: What are you doing?

Postby mannikin » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:04 pm

Turn world news on
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."
User avatar
mannikin
King Of The Damned
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:41 am

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users