Are You Depressed?

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Are you depressed?

Yes
13%
No
88%

Total votes : 8

Re: Are You Depressed?

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:37 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:No I actually missed that video, watched it now.
True enough, of course.
Basic silence, watching-thoughts-pass-by meditation releases whatever is in the subconscious to the consciousness almost like paint coming off of the walls.
It can be anything, it will usually be stuff charged with all kinds of emotions and instincts, as it has been stored up there since birth or before.

I had a 4 year backlog of buffered thoughts to process, Myself.. not a situation I thought I’d ever find myself in, but knew I had to work on getting them (sorted) out/out of my mind, but when I experienced the aspect of mind that is covered in that video.. that is what pushed me through the bottleneck of stream of thoughts, out into the wider ocean of instant automatic updating.. to a place of minimal effort, for maximal effect.

What I got, when I typed in ocean of thought.

The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

Nobilis Est Ira Leonis | Om Surya Devaay namah | Manus justa nardus
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Location: London, NC1 … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …Suryaloka.. the sun

Postby Fixed Cross » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:23 pm

It makes sense that that notion would push one through the bottleneck.

Allowing oneself to feel pain without feeling guilty (for negatively thinking about the perpetrator who may be seen by society as a saint) can be a great breakthrough.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Arch-Native Philosophy - Sumerian Bill and Ted - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby phoneutria » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:08 pm

Berkley Babes wrote:Yes, it is an emotion. It's related to sadness, the same way irritability is related to anger.

what
the actual condition is a literal depression of brain activity
https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-proced ... g-20007400
depressed people often report that they feel nothing, like watching paint dry
sadness is actually a step up for someone who really is depressed
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:16 pm

I mean, exactly.

The dude sounded like he figured he knew a lot about clinical psychology but this is rather elementary.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Arch-Native Philosophy - Sumerian Bill and Ted - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:20 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:It makes sense that that notion would push one through the bottleneck.
Ive had similar breakthrough at one point but it wasn't about meditation. It was just regular recognition of what has been done to me and my loved ones by certain family members who are somewhat above the law. Allowing myself to feel pain about that without feeling guilty was a breakthrough for me.

Even if I have a banana just once a week, I’ve noticed that my mood is much more elevated throughout that week.. I can’t stomach bananas for any more than that, but it seems that that is all one needs.

Citrus and pineapple are also beneficial fruits, of which can be added in food and drinks, and therefore add their nutritional value to mealtimes and drinktimes.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

Nobilis Est Ira Leonis | Om Surya Devaay namah | Manus justa nardus
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Location: London, NC1 … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …Suryaloka.. the sun

Previous

Return to Psychology and Mind