A solution to Libet's puzzle

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Moderator: MagsJ

A solution to Libet's puzzle

Postby bahman » Thu May 09, 2019 9:01 pm

We can do one conscious act at any time. There are two time points in performing the Libet setup: (1) Time of decision and (2) time of conscious reading time from the clock. Therefore we either do (1) then (2) or (2) then (1). If time of (1) to (2) is bigger than (2) to (1) then Libet problem is resolved.
The sincerity in mind is the door to divine knowledge.
bahman

Re: A solution to Libet's puzzle

Postby MagsJ » Thu May 09, 2019 9:52 pm

Physically yes, mentally no!
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby bahman » Thu May 09, 2019 10:02 pm

MagsJ wrote:Physically yes, mentally no!

I am tqalking about our mental ability: We can perform one conscious act at a time.
bahman

Postby MagsJ » Wed May 22, 2019 2:15 am

bahman wrote:

I am tqalking about our mental ability: We can perform one conscious act at a time.

Have you never been in a situation where your mind tells you to do many things at once, but you have to stop and choose one to physically do? a flood of thoughts, that trigger a moment of a call to many actions, then either.. none are done out of sheer exacerbation and we give up, or one is settled on out of the need of necessity of having to get something out of the way before we can move on.

Having said that.. sometimes multi-tasking is the only option we have due to time constraints, and more than one task can be undertaken, but with a necessary focus applied to achieve the feat.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby bahman » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:32 pm

MagsJ wrote:
bahman wrote:

Have you never been in a situation where your mind tells you to do many things at once, but you have to stop and choose one to physically do? a flood of thoughts, that trigger a moment of a call to many actions, then either.. none are done out of sheer exacerbation and we give up, or one is settled on out of the need of necessity of having to get something out of the way before we can move on.

Having said that.. sometimes multi-tasking is the only option we have due to time constraints, and more than one task can be undertaken, but with a necessary focus applied to achieve the feat.

I can do only one conscious act at any given time. Subconscious mind helps me to handle a situation when I am overwhelmed with too many things.
bahman

Postby MagsJ » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:47 am

bahman wrote:I can do only one conscious act at any given time. Subconscious mind helps me to handle a situation when I am overwhelmed with too many things.

..I cannot remember where or when, but I do recall a male acquaintance attempting to multitask and failing miserably, as he simply couldn't mentally achieve his goal, then he gave props to us females for being able to.. although some men can, but not to the extent of we.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:56 pm

MagsJ wrote:
bahman wrote:I can do only one conscious act at any given time. Subconscious mind helps me to handle a situation when I am overwhelmed with too many things.

..I cannot remember where or when, but I do recall a male acquaintance attempting to multitask and failing miserably, as he simply couldn't mentally achieve his goal, then he gave props to us females for being able to.. although some men can, but not to the extent of we.
First multitasking is not dependant on being conscious of both actions at the same time. Second the sex difference on multitasking is a myth.

https://hbr.org/2018/09/research-women- ... ltitasking

And multitasking is generally a bad choice, though with employers acting the way they do these days, few of us can avoid it and the bad side effects of it.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:50 pm

How about when employers are not the authority , what if You are the employer and the employee? Does that make a lot of difference?
Meno_
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:28 pm

https://youtu.be/bAJqw9SF_QQ

https://books.google.com/books?id=FzEI6 ... th&f=false

How did I get here? Well that has to do with the supposition that there IS infinite and transcendental reincarnation, (can / could offer proof, but I am bound not to); .....
Meno_
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:57 pm

https://books.google.com/books?id=0E-aF ... th&f=false

Maybe it has no relation to needs as opposed to requirements
Meno_
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:53 pm

A “requirement” is defined by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) as a condition or capability required by a stakeholder to solve a problem or achieve an objective, while a “need” is a high-level representation of the requirementneeded. The need is the end result or purpose
Meno_
Philosopher

Return to Psychology and Mind