Hay fever is really disabling

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Hay fever is really disabling

Postby Maia » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:26 am

Whenever that time of year comes round, perhaps a bit earlier this year, my head gets blocked and I keep bumping into things, because I can't judge distances if I'm bunged up (the sound is muffled). It's actually quite serious, because it affects my ability to do my job, which involves a fair bit of running around.
Maia
Philosopher

Re: Hay fever is really disabling

Postby Meno_ » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:50 pm

Maia wrote:Whenever that time of year comes round, perhaps a bit earlier this year, my head gets blocked and I keep bumping into things, because I can't judge distances if I'm bunged up (the sound is muffled). It's actually quite serious, because it affects my ability to do my job, which involves a fair bit of running around.

Maia,
I sympathize, the effects can not only be very debilitating, but also debilitating.

To be totally honest, I'm writing this not merely to prevent You from thinking this a repartee mused from guilt of bypassing Your comment, for I was already thinking a priori along these lines.

I have severe symptoms , as well: a bite by three very horrid insects-wasps- , a few years ago, nearly killed me, as well as the ingestion of jackfruit before that. If I hadn't received immediate help, it would have been curtains.

Hay fever is bad too, and can develop into severe flue like symptoms, totally disabling any activity.
Last edited by Meno_ on Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Re: Hay fever is really disabling

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:24 pm

Call in sick to work and use a string/rope around your home
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher

Return to Psychology and Mind