Anyone had hypnotic regression to past lives?

I’ve been offered the opportunity to have this but I’m not sure. Are some things best left unknown?

Do it for my sake. I’d like to know.

Well, I probably shall. The hypnotist said it would be an interesting challenge actually trying to hypnotise me.

I tried this many years ago. But I was not able to be hypnotized. A “battle of wills” I think some call it.

Of course all of this speculation about past lives is almost surely intertwined psychologically in our wanting there to be life of some sort after we shuffle off this one.

So, what would seem to be of most importance then is the extent to which any of this can actually be substantiated with hard evidence.

Which, I suppose, is why most folks just stick with God here. With Him all one needs is faith.

Maybe I should try hypnotic regression to future lives too. Why should we experience lives in historical order? Perhaps many of our own incarnations are walkiing around now, simultaneously. Maybe everyone is a reincarnation of the same person.

Well, the tricky part with hypnotic progression into the future would seem to be that if this can be accomplished then your life in the future does in fact exist. And if something already exists then you would seem to have no capacity to make it exist in any other way than it does.

It’s like astrology. If our lives are controlled by celestial bodies then what real choice to we have over anything? We can only try to facilitate what is already “in the stars”.

For me this sort of speculation revolves around a wanting there to be something beyond the grave; and a belief that what happens on this side of it happens for reasons that are largely beyond our understanding or control.

A psychological foundation for “I” in other words.

Astrology is just a set of influences. It doesn’t mean that something will definitely happen.

I have some quasi experiences but some are very personal, there is some evidence in my life , that makes the possibility of it a toss up. I can’t disbelieve it, as well.

You tend to know instinctively if something is true or not.

Instinctually I’m almost positive. We are beyond the age of the greatest doubts (rationalism), which was a turning point of the Dark Ages, and besides the instincts, science has added fuel to the unconvinced , especially the relativity and the uncertainty theories

What makes regression much more tenable is the idea of energies, as foundations and we all know about how negative and positive energies can effect our life.

The energies are the eyes to our feelings even after our ego’s recede as the primary doors of perception , and those who have gone through such indelible metamorphosis, know the absolute pain of it.

The regression bypasses rational sequential understanding, and recreates various other gestalt of apprehended and somehow bounded consciousness.

This can land one also in the even vaguer feeling for reincarnation- which is the other side of regressed states .

I’ve been told, more than once, that in every past life and every future life I’m blind. And this latest attempt was no different. This is quite depressing in a way that I doubt many here will appreciate.

On the contrary Maia, so many times I have wished that I may be blind so as to better hear. It would raise me from the level of contradiction, but then , could o really understand? Would there be enough Braille books , or would a minimum be available on video instruction sources? But this source also will reach saturation with information technology increasing exponentially.

None of that stuff is real.

Reasonable,

Some things are beyond human understanding , and this is one with that kind of built in requirement.

Some of it may be, actually seem unreal, but all of it supposes a real. I almost had a chance for a regression, about 10 years ago but the guy stopped it for some reason.
His stopping short was surprising , but he never defined it sufficiently to come to any conclusion.

Maia,
re:
‘i may be blind so as to better hear. It would raise me from the level of contradiction,’ (self quote) from previous post.

It is said, that senses are compensatory. Senses may be sorted into two kinds, primary, consisting of seeing, hearing, feeling, the sense of smell, and then the secondary ones of, the sense to belong, the sense to participate, the sense to withold information, the sense to express, or to impress.

In that regard the novel ‘Sense and Sensibility’ almost has a philosophical treatise about it, but at any rate, even if it isn’t philosophy oriented , it is a catchall title, whereby one can mistakenly read into.

To have that sense for irony, that always may temper the brute difference , ought to be recognized across the board , instead it may only be signaled where compensations for sense deprivation take place.

There is a hidden paradox here, where this taking place may hide deeper pockets of awareness and understanding, which may or may not be accessible to others.

So at times such paradox manifests as an appearent negation, and it is in the spirit of that type of consciousness that the above comment was made.

I write this as an expression to further fine tune the impression that the comment was not merely off the cuff.

The point being, that such compensations may work for, or against the intent of those concerned.

I have so often wished that I knew what it was like to be able to see. Not that I’m unhappy with the way I am, I must add, but rather out of an intense sense of curiosity.

It just builds up a story in your head, it’s not really a past life.