The wide awake club.. or, why are you still up?

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: The wide awake club.. or, why are you still up?

Postby surreptitious75 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:37 pm

Something is obviously getting lost in translation if it is your perception that I have questioned your motives plenty of times
I dont engage with you all that much so am not sure what exactly constitutes plenty but it is less than what I would say it is

Everyone carries some bullshit with them which is why I prefer others to call me out on mine when they can
For my part I avoid holding onto anything anymore than I absolutely have to for that is just waste of energy
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:44 pm

surreptitious75 wrote:Something is obviously getting lost in translation if it is your perception that I have questioned your motives plenty of times
I dont engage with you all that much so am not sure what exactly constitutes plenty but it is less than what I would say it is

Plenty.. as in almost every interaction with me, and not in the amount of engagement had.

Don’t worry about, I just thought I’d mention it.. because I can.

Everyone carries some bullshit with them which is why I prefer others to call me out on mine when they can
For my part I avoid holding onto anything anymore than I absolutely have to for that is just waste of energy

I did.. sometimes such things can be amusing, but not always.

So your chi is in flow, not flux? a non-stagnating state, of the constant fresh and new flowing through one’s entirety. Cool.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

The Lions Anger is Noble
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Location: London, NC1 … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … Nobilis Est Ira Leonis

Postby surreptitious75 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:06 pm

I find it easy to let go the older I get because I can see beyond my own existence
I know that what I think is not important other than to me but not to anyone else

Chains around the mind are just as restricting as those around the body if not more so so I avoid them as much as I can
To be isolated from others is very good for my well being because the more space that I have the better that is for me
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:47 am

..probably because I’ve been sleeping well for weeks.. well over 12 hours most days, and certainly not fewer than 10, so am thinking of breakfast already. :)

Does it count as breakfast, if you haven’t slept yet? :-k
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

The Lions Anger is Noble
MagsJ

Location: London, NC1 … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … Nobilis Est Ira Leonis

Postby MagsJ » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:17 am

..the cat, knocking at the front door, to let him in.

The Lions Anger is Noble
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:03 am

My thoughts..

The Lions Anger is Noble
MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:51 pm

...and mine: my wife's c-pap machine broke , so have to satay awake to monitor her breathing.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:39 am

Meno_ wrote:...and mine: my wife's c-pap machine broke , so have to satay awake to monitor her breathing.

I hope the situation resolved itself the very next day, for you, Meno?

The birds are currently singing, and I’m still wide awake (and so able to hear them) but I don’t know why.. un silence maintenant.

The Lions Anger is Noble
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:58 am

One minute I’m asleep, next minute, BAM! I’m wide awake.. I wouldn’t have known I was awake, if I’d still been sleeping.

:-s

The Lions Anger is Noble
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:48 am

En encore.. pourquois?

The Lions Anger is Noble
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:55 am

Hello again dawn.. but I awoke waaaay before you, only to fall in and out of sleep again.. the only thing accompanying you these days, is bird song.

Oh how quiet the outside world is now.. saving many from the anxiety-inducing sounds of a city that rarely sleeps.

The Lions Anger is Noble
MagsJ

Previous

Return to Psychology and Mind