The wide awake club.. or, why are you still up?

Sleep is for babies and elderly people.

I am a big baby, and proud… right now I’m going through the terrible twos all over again, but I don’t remember them the first time round, so my experience won’t be marred by the trauma the original terrible twos brings with it.

Perhaps this is what is keeping me in the WAC these last few nights…

excuse you?

I guess so, thats very interesting, and…

I’m wide awake, because I woke up hungry and thirsty, but I can only quench my thirst not my hunger because I’m going for a blood test today, so no food until after…

#-o

No idea why I’ve been up since 4, but I’ve used the time since to make my disarrayed lounge, arrayed… the floor can wait till later. :-"

Seems, that on alternating nights, I sleep for 10-12 hours/4-5 hours. :-k

Listening to an audio book on Sound Cloud, as I’m wide awake still at 2am.

…a late-night coffee… keeping me still awake at after 6am. :neutral_face:

Should I even bother go sleep… for the emerging dawn heralds the start of breakfast time. :stuck_out_tongue:

I love those days where you just skip sleeping and power though with a shit load of coffee. I feel like it slows my brain down the the speed of the rest of the world and I just flow right through. Then when you do finally sleep, it’s good sleep.

Tea, tea did it… so music and more tea it is… and dancing in my chair.

Beats sleeping my days away, but when the self dictated, I listened, and recovered fast and fully… Case in point: one of my niece-in-law’s uncles was in a semi-coma state for over six months and therefore bed-ridden… I recently asked her how he was doing, and she proclaimed that one day he got up, got dressed, discharged himself and walked out of the hospital and went for a full English. and now he’s good and well and back at home.

:open_mouth:

Fight it, fight it, they said… fight it fuck! to end up in a degenerated physical and mental state that would take years, if not decades, to reverse… just avoid going back there. :wink: The planet you inhabit harms, so find what helps/what heals, but can’t necessarily cure… cures are over-rated anyway.

The thing about that guy/her uncle, was that he’d received his last rites, and was considered to be at deaths door… never to revive again, so never underestimate the power of the mind (at rest).

“Move” they say, but there’s no point in moving if you can’t/if there’s nothing in you to move with, and one day you will rise from a long slumber, get dressed, and go buy yourself a full English and a cup of tea… with all your faculties intact.

Fight for your life back, but that doesn’t mean moving… only until you get the urge to. ; )

Checking in, to da clurb… might be another night without sleep, or I might start dozing off now… as tired, but am I tired enough.

Up now and wide awake… after just over four hours of sleep, so a banana omelette and café noir, it is.

An agenda of bedroom tidying (the only room remaining in disrepair), light weights and stretching, and self-pampering to follow… and music, much music to be played.

None of that… apart from the stretching, happened, and the time for much music to be played was now… not then.

Tonight will not be another sleepless night, as I am not sleepless, but sleep-y… and I have much to do, from now till the weekend, and tiredness ain’t productivity’s friend (honey). :angry-nono:

In recent weeks I have started staying awake for 36 hours, and then sleeping for 12 hours+, but I don’t know why, and I’m sure it will only be a temporary thing until my body clock resets itself… I have recently come back from a 5 hours behind place, and it started after that, and I do know that chronic fatigue (even though it is (finally) lessening its grip on me) causes the mind… and subsequently the body, to be stuck in an autonomic and/or parasympathetic nervous system response to external stimuli, as has happened with my flight or fight response lasting weeks at a time… now that is not fun.
The same goes for a tan… taking many months to shed, and being as itchy as hell… until the last of the sun-afflicted skin has finally sloughed off, so sun factor 50 to avoid such annoyances is needed.

But this time round… as I remember this happening before, I have energy to be productive, rather than just lie there in a state of lethargic boredom, so can’t complain. :slight_smile:

I can only wait but see if I will be up for 36 hours again today, as yesterday was a 16 hour sleep day… which I woke up from at noon today… but that was only due to the cat meowing at my door for his first Whiskers-as-good-as-it-looks fish selection sachet of the day… otherwise I had no inclination to get up. :neutral_face:

15 hours of sleep later and I’m now wide awake at 5.35am… fell asleep this exact time yesterday after my oldest sister’s Labanese birthday dinner… where I told the maître d’ he was a big guy and everyone took it to be in a sexual manner :blush: and we had complimentary pittas baklawa Mohallabieh and coffee, followed by dancing at Kings till near-dawn… where I twice interrupted three guys playing darts to keep getting the bulls eye and triples and where I started chatting to a guy in a Gant t-shirt and gave him my number :open_mouth: he messaged me around 7 o’clock this evening… I have yet to reply… he’s very very young. :neutral_face:

These are the king of things that happen when you don’t get out enough. #-o

You drift into it without being fully aware of it and before you know it it becomes this new habit you have acquired
I have been up for over 40 hours now and so should have gone to bed at least 4 hours ago but sometimes you can squeeze a bit more time
I havent been out for a couple of days and so this is why because when I last went out I walked 5 / 6 miles so I was only awake for 20 hours
The longest I have gone is 57 hours but that is quite rare so I usually do between 20 / 35 hours depending on how far I have walked that day

People who sleepwalk can do many things including driving perfectly safely even though completely unconscious
The body knows what to do because the knowledge is stored in the memory and so being asleep is not a problem

There is no consistency… it seems to happen every few days or so, so a pattern of sorts.

Are you productive during these long bouts of awakeness? There’s nothing worse than being wide awake, but not being able to actually do ‘anything’ simply because you can’t. :neutral_face:

Yes… the more active I am, the longer I sleep for, to the point of crashing out.

This last paragraph is true for me… my blood pressure would go through the roof upon awakening, at the thought of having to get through the day. I don’t think that that is so much the case now.

That is one thing I do not do, and I find those that do creepy and/or scary. :open_mouth:

I do not like being creeped out by oddities!