Jihad Against Depression

In serious cases, they often have trouble getting out of bed. I agree with you actually, but for the individual depressed person, to create this ginormous victory, or the worthy opponent or threat, or whatever it will be is almost off the table. I suppose one’s friends could break in with masks on. And I do not mean that sarcastically. We rarely respond anymore with the passion that things merit.

It is a group phenomenon with a designated patient. In a tribe you would all get together and get into the same hole then as a group come out. I am hightly individualistic, but I am also highly tribal. We’ve made everyone into monads only.

There’s much in this I like, and at the same time I am not sure it I get how it works out in practical terms. You wake up and you feel hopeless, but it is beyond thought now, you have no energy, no lust, no passion, you can barely move…and?

But maybe it’s not the depressed person you’re writing for.

“Jihad Against Depression”

I’m dead boy.
Now break into my body.
Ungodly I was raised by niggers in many folders
I got crows on top of churches
With north kings carrying heavy boulders
I don’t recognize you, shit nor anybody else
When I eat and sleep with these fucks
Yeah bitch I’m by myself.
With this concrete I can hide and seek
I told you these black boys are safe with me
If I teach them the ropes it might give them flash backs of slavery.
Mannequin you need to stop that shit
You might get shot up again kid.
Who me? Blood spilt hunched over in an Audi
That’s stranger than European clocks built in Saudi
Oh my its like I’m frozen in time
The cops can cuff me but bitch I’m keeping the dream alive
This is your life you said you wanted it
Didn’t you

Dude you need to live. Stop hanging around dangerous people. Except for people like me of course.

“Who me? Blood spilt hunched over in an Audi
That’s stranger than Europian clocks built in Saudi”

Storytella

real good

i see living and danger as the same thing only the threat level differs. I use to want to escape, but there isn’t an escape…you must overcome it by thriving within it.

These few words of wisdom are truly perfect

You told everyone they shot you. Getting shot is not thriving. I don’t care if your a lion, tiger, or wallaby. Tigers shouldn’t be near poachers like that.

Dude, you are so not in this world.

This guy seems too have actually gotten shot and lived to rap about it, thats badass.

Now beware, 2Pac was boastful of it - they wonder how I lived with 5 shots / niggas is hard to kill on my block - so maybe not go there, and you probably won’t because this sounds very concerned and not glorifying, what M wrote.

What you call badass I call counter productive. Evil Kaneval was only counter productive because they made money. Someone like Evil Kaneval, but who didn’t make money, would be counter productive. This mannequin person says they will go back to that dangerous lifestyle. It seems like very high risk but very low reward.

How can it be counterproductive if I like it?

Counterproductive for him

you seriously underrate the power of poetry. Breadwriting is the best job out there. Most people use words like they’re dead, but a poet plays with them where they re alive.

I found a good beat for it, or I think.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfOUJ3zidqc[/youtube]

Im pretty nihilistic about human achievements. A good story is still the most useful thing we invented. And we didnt even invent it, it invented us. Well, both.
So any old bomb that is built or tower erected is pointless if it doesn’t fit in a story. Like uncanny facadic colosses or like a nuke that goes off in outer space. Well thats at least a shooting star. If things have no context are they really things etc but the French dumases thought this means that means there is only context. But if contexts have no things are they really contexts, isn’t a context a thing by the way.

Likewise it is the same with philosophy. You can say all sorts of true stuff but if it doesn’t fit in a story that helps us feel where you’re taking us and where you are coming from, then people just piss on you and move on. Its sad but thats why we have archetypes. Archetypes are just symbols of kinds of stories, I think. People are pathetically moved by them like ants by orders from the queen. Maybe not pathetically, ants aren’t that pathetic. They’re very strong. I once followed an ant trail all the way up a hill, I was almost wishing I could join them carrying the parts of dead flower.

Ants are fascinating beasts of burden. Much stronger than camels and much more organized. I wonder how important ants are.
Anyway, humans are only different from ants because they don’t always do the task at hand but also weird things. Weird is an old word.

depression is lack of power
but power is not diminished by someone taking from it instead, by not being employed right.
Deployed.
Life is always a ploy.
Depression is not being able to make ploys.

Rap music has no identity. It all sounds the same. When you’ve heard one you’ve heard them all. There are a couple, like 5 or 6 who escape the mold. But it is a reflection of a microcosm of a macrocosm. All dressing the same. All talking the same. All with mostly the same views, behaviors, and attitudes about everything.

Clearly rappers and rap listeners don’t think so. Its like all baroque classical music sounds the same to someone who doesn’t know it. Im gonna drop all discussion of that type, where tastes are disputed. Its like the opposite of a shower.

I wanted to go back to the OP

“I might be killed any day, by whites or hostile Indians, I might be run down by a grizzly or a pack of buffalo wolves, but I rarely did anything I didn’t feel like doing, and maybe this was the main difference between the whites and the Comanches, which was the whites were willing to trade all their freedom to live longer and eat better, and the Comanches were not willing to trade any of it.”

-Philipp Meyer, The Son

Ants work as a collective with a common goal rather than as individuals with many goals like humans do
As a consequence their societies are more efficient than ours which makes them radically different to us

They are also phenomenally strong as they can lift 50 times their own body weight which is impossible for humans

Depression has a historic imminance or transcendence of organized structural abundance or complexity .and are socially organized without a historic generational confidence.

Schopenhauer and romantic followers have a long history of cognitive structural affective deficit, whereas stepping on ants disturb the actual structural effextivity of coherent overabundance .

Whole societies may resemble this paradigm. The early days of U.S. market capitalism had an under lying b overt optimism as its sublevel guide, whereas post ww1 Germany had an opposite store.

In ‘normal’ societies the depression converts into a general angst, literally spelling out trouble.

Yes this last thing is truly amazing about them.

But listen, do you prefer a society of total collectivism where everyones life is defined purely as his service to the queen and the whole?
This is effective, but effective at what?

Because they tried that in the Ussr and Germany, and still humans were pretty chaotic and it didn’t work very well, at all.
Except USSR actually took us to space so theres that.

Thats ant-strength.

Also the pyramids, How were they built?