Quit Smoking.

Funny. :sunglasses:

Thanks for the advice and your comments. :slight_smile:

Day 2 without smoking-

I became stressed out and agitated with a boss at work where I had everything I could do to restrain my anger or temper from dealing with his obnoxious condescending stupidity. There are times I just want to angrily lash out at people.

I relapsed at the end of my shift and began smoking again. I suppose that I smoke cigarettes as a way of dealing with stress, frustration, anger, depression, annoyance, and agitation. Lately I’ve been feeling trapped if not boxed in my day to day survival where this is making my quitting all that much harder. It’s like I’m feeling claustrophobic amongst the rest of the world around me.

I sometimes wonder if I should become an alcoholic instead but with the way I chain smoke cigarettes probably not. Smoking cigarettes is all that I do really concerning drugs or artificial stimulants as I don’t consume much alcohol or liquor at all. I only smoke cigarettes and that’s it. I suppose that I rationalize by telling myself that since I only smoke and nothing else that it could be worse since there are others that consume much more than just cigarettes alone.

I still would like to quit smoking cigarettes but I don’t think that I am ready to yet. I sometimes wonder what will happen if I quit smoking cigarettes what that would do to my stress levels. The more that I am stressed the more prone I am to angry outbursts.

Yeah. We’ve heard this a thousand years ago. Keep trying at least never give up and you’ll succeed?

Support. Dedication. Inspiration! I got you family.

We’re talking nicotine here Pandora Not Caffeine

Although. I’m curious now, what is your method of substitution?

Quitting smoking can feel like losing a dear friend. That’s why quitting cold turkey most often does not work. You have to find substitutes for smoking that will attend to the sense of loss. You have to find ways to treat yourself to lessen the pain of loss. In some cases hypnotism and psychotherapy can help. If you are into doing it all on your own, you must break all the associations with things that made smoking seem pleasing. It’s a battle with your mind, which you can win!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOPFeNqj7UI[/youtube]

There. You’re cured.

Loosing my beloved mother to lung cancer was one of the most painful experiences. This was before hospices, and the medical treatment consisted of very objectionable methods, based on protocol that could not be challenged.
Ahe waa a 2 say packer, back when cigs cost 25 cents. Her suffering was profound and her tolerance astonishing. Since ahe was absolutely morally taint less, of there is a heaven , she knows the mistake of contributing the enormous profits of the products of slave labor, by consuming an obsessive product.

Thank you for sharing Meno, I cannot even imagine the pain of losing a mother. May her beloved soul rest in peace.
This brings back memories of my grandfather whom passed away after lung cancer as well. I forever thought of him as a mountain of wisdom when I was young.

Very good reasons to quit smoking, and advice. Good luck Zero_Sum.

Thanks esperanza,

:laughing:

People I know were pissed off for quite a long time. Smoking regulates emotions as does any habit. So it would be good to be very generous with yourself and maybe do any kind of explosive type activity you like: chopping word, judo, sprinting, football, screaming in the basement. Spend extra on food you like. Not necessarily treats, but instead of mediocre meals, spend the saved cig money on higher quality meals, eat take out instead of making your own meals. Do stuff you like in general and cut yourself slack. AFter at least a month it eases off. People will mention lung cancer, but you sure as shit do not want chronic lung obstruction or emphysema. My mother had that. Never quite getting enough air for over a decade. Waking up without enough air. It help to engage friends, like you did here. This book is a good one dealing with habits in general…amazon.com/Changeology-Step … 3b1a6c1c53

And research shows that willpower is not the main thing. There are lots of indirect things to do that really make it easier.

So did we give up Zero_sum or what happen? If anything comes across that HAS helped. Please inform us. I know one too many smokers myself. And really in all seriousness need help in this environment myself.

Still smoking. (I am smoking right now typing this.)

Someday I will quit…someday…

Just make it a goal to smoke less.

That’s the plan anyways and in some ways I am doing just that.

A tip for ya Z_S ; )

When I was quitting smoking I did admit how tricky our brains are.

While I was having a craving my brain was showing me happy moments of my life where I was smoking. And he was like “See, you were happy there, see that cigarette in your hand? Smoke to be happy again”