"Bat Shit Crazy" has arrived!

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Moderator: MagsJ

"Bat Shit Crazy" has arrived!

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:37 am

Walls are collapsing ... stuff just doesn't work the way it always has.

AI as the new "Messiah" is failing.

"Bat Shit Crazy" is a necessary consequence.

The psychic temperature of "peoplekind" is rising ... I'm Canadian ... the word "mankind" is no longer PC. :-)
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Re: "Bat Shit Crazy" has arrived!

Postby Meno_ » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:49 am

Pilgrim this strikes me funny and sad at the same time, may I recommend a wonderful visual equivalent?

Film: 'Alphaville', a French film by Jean Claud Goddard, exemplifying the very ideas presented. Worth the watch, ( if You can find it )
Meno_
Philosopher

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:50 am

Meno_ wrote:Pilgrim this strikes me funny and sad at the same time, may I recommend a wonderful visual equivalent?

Film: 'Alphaville', a French film by Jean Claud Goddard, exemplifying the very ideas presented. Worth the watch, ( if You can find it )

Thanks Meno ... just read the Wiki page for the film.

What really struck me is the short ... very short ... timeline between emergence of the creative thought ...imagination ( Alphaville movie) ... and manifestation in our physical reality ... mind boggling speed. :-)

I'm encouraged by the film's ending ... love wins the day. :-)
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:59 am

Alphabet Inc. :D

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:21 pm

What are the odds in a wager, the talk on the street is that the current economic maelstrom is the result of fear of impending inflation caused by overemployment, production and consumer spending- an overheated economy . ( across the board- political and Freudian)

What does that imply, that a good economy is bad for investment and speculation?

Can that Alpha Male be said to really have arrived? Or am I reading into him?
Meno_
Philosopher

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:25 am

The word "maelstrom" is new to me ... for me ... appropriate word ... inappropriate context ... the stock market is only one of the ships in the following image. :-)

maelstrom.jpg
maelstrom.jpg (13.39 KiB) Viewed 3152 times

You close your post with the term "Alpha Male" ...

For me ... the "Alpha Male" is finally leaving ... the "Alpha Female" is on the threshold. :-)

Paraphrasing with Chinese terminology ... the era of "Yang" dominance is surrendering to "Yin" dominance ... the appointed time has arrived.

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Postby Pneumatic-Coma » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:03 pm

pilgrim-seeker_tom wrote:
You close your post with the term "Alpha Male" ...

For me ... the "Alpha Male" is finally leaving ... the "Alpha Female" is on the threshold. :-)

Paraphrasing with Chinese terminology ... the era of "Yang" dominance is surrendering to "Yin" dominance ... the appointed time has arrived.

This is such an awesome depiction of how our entire ecosystem has come to be. And really ended up.

We really mustn't fall into the same state as ancient philosophers, I always have to remind even myself of this. This IS the reason for me coming back so often as I do. Quarrelsome debates can leave us guessing a lot more than realizing. Over-Analyzing and psycho-analyzing has us to put things into perspective. Yet, if it's even a perspective of how much we (love and/or hate) and not even 'caring' then there isn't any reason for us to pretend we're a whole. I really do wish we can live as a whole but only because of cultural dependency are we divided into such a conflict of interest. I really do wish for 'mankind' to come back in style though pilgrim-seeker :mrgreen:
(Our object of desire isn't to change current belief systems or complicate already convoluted streams of information; we're not trying to even prove ourselves in anyway. We're just human beings similar to yourself. Not superior, the same. Ancestors of the lost world. The conflicts of beliefs you face in your world, are not only the conflict of self yet life, we cannot compel such conflicts to other's will for any self-benefit. The true goal reached here is there is nothing we can say nor do that can convince anyone else of what they don't know for themselves already. And, when the time calls, and you are ready, the barriers of awareness will expand and such confirmed information will be easily perceived, and known to them! Allow them to seek and find out when they are prepared. All will arrive to light in no time.) Ego sum via veritas et vita;Amesha Spenta;Vohu Mano; Allow all things measurable, microbial and astronomical to remain infinite, unchanged and arrive to light.
Pneumatic-Coma

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu May 17, 2018 7:10 pm

What are examples of alpha females?
Before the Light - Tree of Life
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Pneumatic-Coma » Sat May 19, 2018 1:16 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:What are examples of alpha females?

Image :-$
(Our object of desire isn't to change current belief systems or complicate already convoluted streams of information; we're not trying to even prove ourselves in anyway. We're just human beings similar to yourself. Not superior, the same. Ancestors of the lost world. The conflicts of beliefs you face in your world, are not only the conflict of self yet life, we cannot compel such conflicts to other's will for any self-benefit. The true goal reached here is there is nothing we can say nor do that can convince anyone else of what they don't know for themselves already. And, when the time calls, and you are ready, the barriers of awareness will expand and such confirmed information will be easily perceived, and known to them! Allow them to seek and find out when they are prepared. All will arrive to light in no time.) Ego sum via veritas et vita;Amesha Spenta;Vohu Mano; Allow all things measurable, microbial and astronomical to remain infinite, unchanged and arrive to light.
Pneumatic-Coma

Postby Fixed Cross » Sat May 19, 2018 5:25 pm

Pneumatic-Coma wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:What are examples of alpha females?

Image :-$

jeez, thats unappetizing
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Pandora » Sat May 19, 2018 7:04 pm

From cylinder seal depicting Descent of Inanna into underworld (1900-1600BC).
(She also embodied the “dark feminine” and was worshipped by Sumerians, Akkadians, Babylonians and especially Assyrians)
Pandora
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri May 25, 2018 2:49 pm

Surely she relates to Persephone, as a spring goddess, who is tested by the dark. But I don't believe that she herself is what I refer to here as the dark feminine. Though to be fair I may be using a much too widely used term for something it isn't usually used for.

I found something interesting about Dark Inanna:

wiki wrote:Folklorist Diane Wolkstein interprets the myth as a union between Inanna and her own "dark side": her twin sister-self, Ereshkigal. When Inanna ascends from the Underworld, it is through Ereshkigal's powers, but, while Inanna is in the underworld, it is Ereshkigal who apparently takes on the powers of fertility.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Pneumatic-Coma » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:50 am

Fixed Cross wrote:Surely she relates to Persephone, as a spring goddess, who is tested by the dark. But I don't believe that she herself is what I refer to here as the dark feminine. Though to be fair I may be using a much too widely used term for something it isn't usually used for.

I found something interesting about Dark Inanna:

wiki wrote:Folklorist Diane Wolkstein interprets the myth as a union between Inanna and her own "dark side": her twin sister-self, Ereshkigal. When Inanna ascends from the Underworld, it is through Ereshkigal's powers, but, while Inanna is in the underworld, it is Ereshkigal who apparently takes on the powers of fertility.

(Gasps) ? So There's an alternate version of Wonder Women? Like parallel?
Pneumatic-Coma

Return to Psychology and Mind