Something new for ILP members

Have no idea of the extent of discomfort, irritation at ILP , but I have a new idea , if not unique, to alliveate unnecessary tension and discord among members. The creation of a philosophic therapy group, capable of minimizing unnecessary misery and discontent. Why not have cross analysis on a higher level, face offs that can be presented in an honest and trustworthy fashion to prevent seeming intellectual decompositions and personal collapses necessitating real life trouble such as rl emotional reactions to cognitive decompositions.

Being honest with the self should be the predicate and face offs should entail humanity and compassion to such sufferers.
To put it bluntly, everybody suffers, but intellectuals with the philosophical state of orientation appear to win the prize.

If anyone thinks this may be an idea worth pursuing, an open door policy could be a key characteristic, with exempt and spurious needs for any kind of qualification. First signers in, new members with quabbles and reservations may be encouraged to go to the front.

This may develop into a drop in type of interaction group with no holds barred structural, thematic or any other kind of regulatory procedure.

Psychological fans would be especially urged to participate .

The oft cited rejection of philosophy within such a setting, often labeled ‘rationalisation’ should be explored from top to bottom, from a philosophical subsummation of the psychological , rather then the other way around.

It’s a ‘Yes’ from me…

I’m don’t get what you are suggesting…group therapy for cognitive dissidence or face-offs of the rambunctious sorts between members in continuous discord or something else?

Magj, thank You for interest. I guess the traditional format would apply , were such a forum materialize, when enough people sign on, organization mattetswould be next of concern.

Nancy Darling, the thing is, the conceptual framework need not concern with either this or that, a framework off face off, or discussions about dissonance which may occasionally occur during times of pressure of debate fury, culminating in berating and degrading the antagonist, and oft time not making clear that the type of behavior, which mixes questions of.capacity and intelligence questions with does strictly based in evolving dislike.

Stressed people could actually try to let honesty be their guide when analyzing certain facets of their life , reveals in a safely metaphoric cover to retain desired boundaries)

This is probably beyond the bravery of certain members who may place intangible blocks to maintain excessive privacy of thoughts.

Wendy, I followed Your correspondence with Magnus, and it kind of parallels to what would evolve.

For instance on another front, expressions of non agreement , leading to extreme effects such as ceasing to correspond, or becoming oblivious of another’s ideas, may warrant discussion.

Such offenders brought to their ultimate exhaustive state of stopping to communicate, may go to the forum, re-write fthir positions, philosophical, societal or social psychological. The gamut, and try to resolve issues with other parties-members tied into similar situations.

If a philosopher has a bad time wherever and with whomever, this too could be written down, in a tasteful and non offensive manner, so as to avoid an alreAdy sticky situation.

That is the nature offs ing off ideas against a chorus of real concerns.

Concerns running the gamut from rainmen and geniuses, aspirants to earn the mouse’s gift of artistic freedom, may grace comments with appropriate and interesting points of view.

The level of involvement, yet again, would depend on the intent of those part I ipating.

I suggest a name for such a group be opened to suggestions- if that is, a minimum consensus of perhaps 4-5 people gets interested.

And something else omitted: To make ILP more democratic, certain evaluations could be devised before the heavy hand of banning a member is brought to bear. The not long ago ban of Trixie could have perhaps bbq wen avoided if such crisis review may have had a stabilising effect. But that is conjecture.

Maybe non-agreement is a perfectly normal aspect of human life.

Maybe ceasing to correspond is the best solution in such cases.

That is a resolution.

True within limits for the test of the reasonableness of people. But outside of the qualification other more damaging effects may result, and name calling ,demonizing may be as stressful for some as the internet violence causing number of suicides nationwide.

Lets say a poster has emotional problems .as some members admittedly do so. And lets say they are having problems elsewhere. It may be then, that their cognitive performance may suffer on account of cumulatopn of problems.

They may react violently in their posting, setting up a very negative reception by the one having the discussion with.
That person may have no idea of where the man’s thoughts are coming from and adding fuel to the fire by lashing out blindly.

Perhaps for some, a place like that would register as a place to clarify. I don’t really know bit I can see it might be useful.

The idea of the dungeon is a negative form of such an effort by administrators to separate unlikely people. Again this suggestion is based on relieving confusion as it is not appreciated by parties in an unchanellenged exchange out of control.