Does anyone else experience psychic abilities

I don’t control it, but I’ve foretold a few events in my life. Sometimes dreams have led me to next day events or a few months down the line. Sometimes it just goes beyond coincidence for me.

How about any of you? Any weird predictions come true?

Anyone gone to see a paid psychic? Results?

I have proven psychic abilities.I used to work for an outfit called psychic connections. My batting average was good better way better then 50 percent.

Way back very many of my predictions came through including. Electric cars , rehabilitation of worn out degraded places in of run down.center cities. Legalization of marijuana, and lots more. HONEST.

Had a dream that I was in a chain gang on the side of a highway picking up trash and I found a gun that led to my escape.

At the time of my dream I was a summer landscaper. That winter my boss got me a job clearing brush on the side of highway. While clearing it I found a gun lying on the ground. I instantly remembered my dream of being in a chain gang. I turned around with the gun in my hand. Just that second a van pulled up and orange jumpsuit prisoners got out to pick up trash. W-e-i-r-d!

Way out and I have a few but soon I have to go, my plane will be leaving to Asia. Will try to stay in touch after I land barring jet lag. Later.

I once had a dream that I was crawling through the rubble of destroyed houses, cutting my hands and knees open on all the bricks, glass, wood etc. A few days later a tornado hit my home town.

Very…

I’m more clairvoyant… audient… etc, of which have led me to weird events happening… the most recent one being when I was walking past a bus stop on the way to my sister’s and my mind told me to stop there for a short while (timing is always a critical part in these) and to wait.

A few minutes later a young female rushes past me so as not to miss the bus… she drops her travelcard holder, which is bursting at the seams with papers stuffed in it, and which I pick up and hand back to her, and I carry on to my sister’s.

Many years ago now I felt I just had to go home, so I told my line manager I was taking the afternoon off (luckily this was an option for us) but I had to wait until my mind told me it was time to leave… an activity which caused my whole team to look at me oddly until I left - I got the tube straight home, and walked into the Mews to see a neighbour of mine walking off with a big strange man.

There have been many more…

Too many to count. At one point I accepted that the future already works on us. I accepted this when I realized it is physically impossible for it not to.
All the worlds activities follow certain paths, trends. The vast majority of future configurations must be relatively solidly fixed. Though nothing is absolutely fixed, there certainly are future events which are “knots” of long standing trends. These knots then work back to pull strings towards them.

Nice one. Very recognizable “infrastructure”.

The specific ones like that are the most out of this world feeling.

Haha, there have been many more. . . I’m so with you on that. The strangeness gets stranger. I’m new to clairaudience, but it’s starting with me too.

Can I read people’s minds?

Yes I can, and there’s not much worth reading. Average people live average lives, and think average thoughts. Very few people in the world are impressive or unique. A lot of people believe they have unique thoughts or “I’m different” but they’re not. Many people delude themselves. The mind is based on intelligence. Great intelligence stands apart. But believe it or not, intelligence is predictable too, a product of genetics and breeding. Intelligence begets more intelligence. And intelligence is not required for life. The mind is secondary to the body.

Honestly, everybody has “psychic abilities”, different levels of empathy. People detect each other’s moods, emotions, feelings, personalities, and attitudes, in order to maintain social cohesion and equilibrium.

It’s so cool to know other people experience stuff like this. You might be familiar with the Latin concept, Amor fati, which means love of fate.

I am very skeptical of “psychic abilities” as an explanation for anything I see here. I’m not skeptical of the experiences as described (though of course there are plenty of liars on the internet), just of psy as an explanation. The experiences described here admit of much more mundane explanations: some are just open-ended predictions (e.g. “neighbour walking off with a big strange man”), such that a large set of outcomes count as successful predictions; some are predictions of things for which strong evidence exists without any appeal to psy (e.g. “electric cars”); some are explainable as a result of many people making a similar prediction when some of them have to be right (e.g. how many people that live in tornado-prone areas have dreams about destroyed houses? I know I did, and my town never got hit). Even the more amazing ones can be explained by known failures of human cognition, e.g. failures of memory and a tendency to retroactively alter a memory to fit with present experiences.

The burden to prove psy phenomena is quite high, and we have boring old explanations for all sorts of amazing subjective experiences. It’s not at all surprising that every psy claim that has been tested under conditions meant to rule out these boring explanations has been found to be fully and boringly explained.

It’s understandable that you have doubts, especially if it’s not part of your experience, that’s how most people are. They need to experience it for themselves. I can only say, that the more open your are to it, (my reason for sharing) the more likely you are to look for it and find it. That goes for things other than psychic abilities, too.

I have seen ufos, not lights but actual ships. Before I saw them, I would watch shows with videos that captured shots of lights, and I was on the fence whether it was true. There are liars and fraudsters and people who fake crop circles. After I saw the ships I believe in ufos. That is to say nothing of what was in those ships or that liars and fakers still continue to play games.

Another example: A plane crash happened in my neighborhood. It was the second one in the area. I lived near an airport. I’m a writer so I started playing with the idea of more planes crashing without reason. Just a what if scenario, in my mind. After I started the story, a total of 8 crashes happened in 6 years. The airport almost shut down. Around the fifth crash I asked someone who lived closer to the airport if they were concerned one might crash into their house. They scoffed at me, saying no. Two months later a plane crashed across from their house.

Now, I would also hate to admit that someone else had any ability that I didn’t have. All I can chalk it up to is, I am a sensitive person and sensitive is painful, so this psychic stuff might just be a gain from all the bad shit I go through. Also, the rest of my life is more boring than most other people’s lives. I stay at home like a hermit, so maybe God likes to spice my life up one way or another.

I admit I am prone to delusions of grandeur. But I am also someone who not afraid to be wrong 99 times in order to experience a mystical event just once.

I’m happy to acknowledge the existence of abilities that I don’t have. Synethetes, human calculators, savants, and other geniuses all have purely mental abilities that I don’t have. I don’t doubt the existence of those things because they make claims about their extraordinary subjective experience that are falsifiable and survive controlled testing. The same cannot be said about psychic abilities.

Make some concrete, public, risky predictions and let’s see how you fare.

I don’t control it. And I mostly only realize things in hindsight. I have yet to determine how it’s even useful.

I could say for example that one day people will not leave their homes for anything, for the sake of prediction, but many others like futurists might say something similar. Again, that type of prediction is different from what I experience. I could never open a shop and charge people money to predict their futures. I am open to the idea that some can. As there are varying degrees of savant.

I could tell you a few stories in my life that would point to something odd going on, but you would probably have to be me to appreciate them. Take my entire life in context. Besides, I can’t change your mind if you aren’t willing to see it my way. I guess I’ll have to accept this a more private experience.

Surely you’ve at least experienced deja vu.

England is not a tornado prone area. They are incredibly rare.

I understand skepticism. I don’t understand the pride of the skeptic. I mean, isn’t the goal to discover what more there is to believe and not hold out forever?

He told me to take a risk and predict something, but only if it affects everyone, concretely, because that would be proof. Meanwhile, I found a gun on a highway after dreaming it and felt like god was playing a cosmic joke on me.

I have no reason to lie and don’t get a kick out of fooling people about small things like gun finding. It’s frustrating because I share to open minds not to close them.

The tornado thing of hers is clairvoyant and I gain nothing from doubting her story.

I had no way of knowing I’d ever be assigned highway work. And the timing of the orange jumpsuit prisoners came exactly a second after I picked up the gun and turned around. I dreamed a scenario, like that, not exactly like that, but close enough, six months prior. It might not be an ability, like a special super power, but it was odd beyond everyday life experience.

If I was a skeptic, I could say, the gun was planted there by someone who knew those prisoners would be doing detail around that area. But it still doesn’t account for the dream or the timing involved.

side note, a co-worker ended up taking the gun home with him, showing off with it, shooting himself in the head by accident, surviving, then going to jail for what happened. I didn’t predict that. But I also wasn’t the one who was going to take that gun home after that sketchy dream. If not psychic ability, then danger intuition.

This does not appear to be true. From Wiki:

Alternative hypothesis: you don’t faithfully remember your dreams from six months ago, and when something happened to you that had a few similarities to a partially remembered 6-month-old dream, you filled in the gaps in your memory with details drawn from a present experience. The dream you remember is “close enough” because the memory is built from pieces of the experience it ostensibly predicted.

This kind of false memory happens all the time, it is well documented and studied, it’s been manipulated in laboratory settings, it’s the most mundane phenomenon in the world. And it well explains your subjective experience.

It doesn’t have to affect everyone. It needs to be: concrete (i.e., the criteria for a successful prediction are clearly articulated before their occurence), public (i.e. it’s not enough to have had them in your head and then say “I totally knew that would happen”; writing them down privately in a form that establishes when they were made would count), and risky (i.e. the prediction should ideally be so unlikely that the only explanation is clairvoyance; a prediction of something ordinary, or a prediction that is satisfied by too many outcomes, will be expected to come true just by chance).

The claim your making doesn’t satisfy these. You have private experiences that aren’t recorded and aren’t shared until one of any number of “close enough” outcomes indicates that they were in fact predictions and not just passing thoughts of no consequence.