Liberalism is a proven mental illness

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:33 am

There really is only one idea left to man and that is the living sense of truth, as the opposite of it is closing in on us.
There is "the sword" and not much else.

We live in interesting times. No time for weak hearts.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

Thunderbolt steers all things.
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Zero_Sum » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:34 am

Fixed Cross wrote:Since you ask directly I can only shamelessly point to my own idea and as such Ill even advertise it as a product.
http://www.lulu.com/shop/milikowski-jak ... html?ppn=1

But what do you propose to see against left/right -- and especially, why? What is anything worth at all? How does that work, that things are worthy anything - to you, and in general - ? All this is what drives the whole possibility of a value-dichotomy.

You say the dichotomy is bloated and empty. But is there a fullness somewhere?
Wherever this fullness is, there is power and the potential for ideas of power.

Left/Right is an idea. It commands power over all those that think in its terms. This of itself gives it a substance. But if you can see through artificial distinctions and drill into deeper layers, you need to disregard what you look down on and engage your power directly.

I see global civilization at an impasse where it will inevitably destroy itself and I see nothing, I mean absolutely nothing that is going to change this whether it is from the left or right.

Current values are inefficient or impractical and this why civilization will destroy itself where no mass movement from anything and anybody will stop that.

There really is only one idea left to man and that is the living sense of truth, as the opposite of it is closing in on us.
There is "the sword" and not much else.

We live in interesting times. No time for weak hearts.

Who or what truth? Yes, there is the sword and threat of violence behind every corner. It is the only constant behind humanity.
Last edited by Zero_Sum on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The condition of man... is a condition of war of everyone against everyone.

I put for the general inclination of all mankind, a perpetual and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death.

-Thomas Hobbes-
Zero_Sum
Machiavellian Negator And Cynic

Location: United States- Global Commercial Financial Republican Empire

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:35 am

To be "Conservative" means to want to preserve values. This is in itself a positive thing.
Not all "Right" is conservative, though. Morons can't preserve things, only destroy. So morons can't be conservatives.
- Thucydides

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Zero_Sum » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:38 am

Fixed Cross wrote:To be "Conservative" means to want to preserve values. This is in itself a positive thing.
Not all "Right" is conservative, though. Morons can't preserve things, only destroy. So morons can't be conservatives.

We live at the end of human history or its twilight, preserving anything at this point is a fight and battle that cannot be won. Perhaps in civilization's ruins maybe but not until then.

I put for the general inclination of all mankind, a perpetual and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death.

-Thomas Hobbes-
Zero_Sum

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:58 pm

There never was civilization. Trump is the first beginning of a possible civilization.
- Thucydides

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Zero_Sum » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:16 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:There never was civilization. Trump is the first beginning of a possible civilization.

Your faith in the political establishment disturbs me, at this point we're going to have to disagree.

-Thomas Hobbes-
Zero_Sum

Postby Fixed Cross » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:03 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:There never was civilization. Trump is the first beginning of a possible civilization.

Your faith in the political establishment disturbs me, at this point we're going to have to disagree.

I think you were tired and reading a bit hazily, Joker.
I actually wrote that I like Trump. So that means I loathe the establishment.

I dont think we will ever agree or disagree, as you don't have a position at all nor do you ever respond to peoples stated positions. You just release a bit of your malcontent about life.
- Thucydides

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Zero_Sum » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:30 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
Zero_Sum wrote:

I dont think we will ever agree or disagree, as you don't have a position at all nor do you ever respond to peoples stated positions. You just release a bit of your malcontent about life.

No, nobody's joking around here. You think Donald Trump is against the establishment? He's just another establishment member.

I don't understand the rest of your post.

-Thomas Hobbes-
Zero_Sum

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:23 pm

- Thucydides

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby captaincrunk » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:06 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
Zero_Sum wrote:

Trump embodies the establishment, he is a billionaire who came from massive wealth. The only difference is that instead of picking a puppet, he just decided to become the puppet.
captaincrunk
BANNED

Previous

Return to Psychology and Mind