Comedy

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Moderator: MagsJ

Comedy

Postby Fixed Cross » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:20 am

I figured out that comedy is the means to release reason into substance.
It is the way in which we use rational, law abiding and grammatically correct phraseology in such a away as to confront it with te singularity of life, through a breakdown of its semantics and a reception in laugher, so as to... I don't know, integrate the shitty idea of it. Of having to talk and it not being completely obvious all the time, which it really actually is.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

Thunderbolt steers all things.
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Re: Comedy

Postby Jakob » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:34 pm

Seriously now
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Re: Comedy

Postby Meno_ » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:45 pm

He's got a point and here is one example see if it works a bunch of politicians went on a bus driver bus ride to the countryside and the bus driver missed the turn and the embankment and the result was that the bus went over and plunged into a ravine.

The police upon examining the scene saw an old vagrant from the village

They asked him did you see the politicians plunge down and he said yes I did and they asked him if he saw the bodies and where are they now

he said he buried them and then they asked him if they were all dead he answered that he didnt know because he didn't listen to them cause they're a bunch of double talkers

anyway
Meno_
Philosopher

Return to Psychology and Mind