Know Thyself

I think that it is important to have a sense of perspective and understand that life will not last for ever as we are just passing through
That in no way means one should not strive to make the most of ones own life in the meantime while one still has the chance to do so

Then unlike me, perhaps ,You don’t read widely on ILP ,but don’t worry that consists of no more then 2 or 3 forums.

Faust was much more then bartering wisely, betting on being able not to come up with his side odnthe bargain.
He was more , therefore filling his persona with much more, defining a whole historical essence of MAN. That he bet right ,has become a historical venue of epic proportions.

His persona posits hope to all big time gamblers of the spirit, and it defines an age, within which battle lines are drawn on the battle ground between good and evil

How bold those lines are depends on the nature of barter and negotiation. We are the products of those exchanges, and whereby the threat remains undiminished , the results can be viewed as predictably for the better in any case. Just because third world countries have not developed Faustian conscience, does not mean they cannot learn.

Conscience is not.based on superstition, within unlearned people a mystical participation develops out of sheer necessity.

We can not afford to examine a life worth living apart from early social bonding, it is too late in the day for that.

Not in an age where reality and meta reality are being re-integrated

I know You did not bargain for a long narrative, but Faust is a big page turner.

I was never that impressed, actually.

Like 99% of all people will paint an unrealistic picture of themselves, because of low rationality, exactly why no one can do lawsuits without a lawyer education.

Being reintroduced to myself, but in a different/less-intense light.

MagsJ,

Introductions are at times painful, re-introductions, well, doubly so!

What is depressing is that you claim your myths are truths. And relentlessly so, you’ve been claiming the same myth as a solid truth for years now, immune to logic and reason.

Ultimate Philosophy 1001

Hey stranger

Hey Trixie long time no see where you been hiding the last month

I am an unfinished product of many things in Existence - a work still in progress.

Or maybe still I can compare myself to the marble in the quarry (David) - sight unseen but still imagined and taking shape.

James wrote,

That is certainly something to ponder.
If, in my loneliness, there is this other, wouldn’t that be just the same as when I console myself?
What need would I have of someone who is another self but the same self to me?

Could I even wish for something like this? Quite frankly, I don’t know.
But I would suppose that it would be like looking into a mirror or a crystal ball and having something to focus on as I tried to Know Myself.

But it really is an interesting thought to gaze on.

The re-introduction is minus the hindrance of the cloak of modernity’s schoolings, so not so much painful, as swift… the mental progressing swifter than the physical, so not ideal.

Hmmm… I am not so sure that I can believe that. Prove it to me.
Perhaps that statement is to allow us out of our isolation and loneliness.

I do so love snowflakes.

Actually Arc, he did prove it to me, but only philosophically because he implied that you needed higher math for it which I couldn’t grasp. I will try to find his proof though.

I’ve been called the way, the truth and the life. I’m basically just the best there is. Every day I wake up and I piss excellence.

You probably mean this:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=188786#p2569291

Yes , thank You

I have sent this material to afore mentioned mathematician , and awaiting her comments. Will relate, if she takes it upon herself to comment.

My initial response would require a modality to establish a necessary structural link of between the logic of math and logic , to give sense to this type in investigation.

The positivists had a solution.

Is Ed still up and around?

Well, I read what Mithus inserted but it was kind of like all Greek to me, Meno.
If someone could put it into layperson’s terms, though I am not sure if that itself is even possible, I might be able to think about it.

I still find it difficult to believe that this could ever be true in light of the complexity of each human being ~~ our genes, our memories, our life experiences, our personal psychic lives and the ways in which each of us experience and respond to our own environment, so many of those environments being different, etc.
Even identical twins are not completely identical to one another, not even facially completely identical, I do not think. That particular something which could even make identical twins go in two different directions in life. Wouldn’t that alone speak of us as being more like the snowflakes rather than tools off an assembly line?

I would need strong, strong evidence for it. I would need to observe and examine another me for a very long time and even then I would be skeptical. Okay, I am now rambling.

But I do not see it at all.

The simpler explanation rests with Cantor and his set theory and also the blog we carried on for quote a while regarding the mathematical formulation of whether .99999999999999999999999 and so on toward infinity , can ever =1.As a mathematical progression, it can’t ever happen, even if, the numbers become Infinitissably small to become ever closer to infinity. That’s the idea , but, when the closeness to infinity become so slight that they are indistinguishable from one and the other, then there is a problem dealing with open and closed sets. A closed set indicates the same idea Leibnitz was propagating, and for a perfect identity to develop, that mathematical impossibility of reaching a perfect identity, is probable to an absolute certainty given a number of infinite recurrences.

For if this was not true , then there would be no place in evolution which would individuate unto higher and more defined sets of bits of information

This is the idea based on the negative individuation of primary differentiation. The allegory of the cave+, the reflextive consciousness of Narcissus make clear the archaic notions surrounding the tie in between the foundations of mythological types and the logical contradiction between a post scriptive derivation and its pre reflexive antimony

How this squares with Hindu and Buddhist philosophy can be noted with Schpenhauer’s inquiry into esoteric beliefs.

The point is that philosophy itself deals with the basic beliefs of the existence of the self, and its survival, and my feeling is that this duplex between the two is one of reflection, risen of a conscious manifestation and pre occupation with, the problem .

These thoughts are really preliminary and do away with mathematical notation, which claims that mathematics are an a-priori tool

Post Leibnitzian thought has steered away from this line of argument, and is satisfied with the Kantian notion of an a priori synthetic, and perhaps that a is why we humans lost faith in the idea of immortality.

However such dismissal based on a few hundred years of reliance on man for man, as opposed to God for man, seems not to justify the abandonment of non differential myths connected with a pre realized reality. Such is postscriptively
unfair to the vestiges which remain of the processes of reflection, of consciousness as a whole.

god could just as well Be the sum of all infinite sets, separate and distinct at the same time on whatever level

New physics is toying with the idea that reality described in this way could manifest as one single atomic particle , where no laws of math or physics can describe this state.

And this state is akin to the ages old proverbial manifestation of innumerable angels dancing on the top of a pin. If the soul is infinitely divisible then, the state is populated with beings infinitely small, having no known existence in space time as we have come to learn it.

If You mind to go along with this so far, then what the mystics say about attain ing Sartori, can become plainly evident, where a singular(ity) position may become more understandable-in that such attainment requires giving up on further 're-births.

Giving up on reincarnation may be extremely hard to attain, sometimes requiring millions of recurrences. That’s pretty much hard to fathom.