Ascension for dummies

Do you think there is a right way of doing things? A ‘correct’ objective? Or, is there a fundamental truth to the means of achieving maximum value, a ‘sacred idea’ or commandment, so to speak?

I’m sure that man pondered what life was, how it came to be for so long. Darwin seemed concerned with it’s fundamental nature and explanation, and sought to resolve the riddle. Things change (mutation), some changes are heritable, some contribute to survival more than others, these characteristics are more likely to survive than others and so descent with modification, or evolution, accounts for all of life. Novelty, survivorship, time. Simple truths underpinning complex realities. And if we step back from the endless forms most beautiful (or horrifying) of the great many trees of life, we can see the big picture. And with understanding maybe we could find… unspeakable joy?

If I could know only one thing it would be the only thing I can imagine important to know - what good is, and how to get it. Can we call it wisdom? Is there a simple, fundamental understanding that underpins and/or instructs all valuable actions or achievements?

So far I figure this: Words mean what we mean them to mean - they have no inherent truth, they are expressions of mind. Naming might give the impression that that which is named is a solid, unchangeable thing. Rock is rock, dog is dog. Not what you think it is, but what it is. Good is good. we associate that which we value and that which we dislike with physical phenomena, such as good relationships with joy and damage with pain. So we may think of popularity, wealth, health and the such like as ‘good’. A mechanical universe therefore makes laws out of achieving good - water turns to ice when cold, ice to water when warm. Laws. You require water, and shan’t be happy without it. You must go out into the cold and melt ice, like it or not. And a million other necessary work tasks… you are a slave to the factual, impersonal notion of good. But what is the point of hydration, health, wealth, popularity, love or anything else without the capacity to value, to be satisfied? They surely can only be ‘good’ if they mean something to us. And perhaps it is not in our nature to work, but to receive. Can we find happiness as slaves to our understandings of value? What motivation have we to work - is not the motivation to gain that which is desired? Electricity will not flow until it has a path back to itself. Maybe that is where we need to look - the soul. I don’t think we really feel something is good unless it is truly satisying, enjoyable, in some way meaningful … Good is spiritual. I can’t imagine being happy without eating well, heating in winter etc. But if electricity must flow through a circuit to return home so be it, the aim is still spiritual even if the means are physical. Does this mean we must dissolve our desires for the extrinsic? Sacrifice the desire for relationship, love, family, wealth, health, glory and all else for spiritual purity? self-centredness, perhaps. Choose to be alone?

To understand what good is may only be part of the necessary understanding to achieve it. We may need sufficient motivation to do so - positivity. If it isn’t truly desirable what will motivate us to achieve it? And don’t we forget, or perhaps just don’t know, how good good can be… maybe we must sing the praises of good, what we value, venerate and celebrate it? ‘GOOD IS GREAT! Let’s get as much of it as we can!!!’

And misery, suffering. it’s real. Real enough to make us decline good, as to venture to find joy is to engage with reality, the much feared, hurtful reality… the negative, fearful mind holds us back, defeats our will. So… we must accept suffering, or the risk of it at least, as acceptable collateral? Again, positivity. Freeing ourselves of fear.

‘It can be so good (quiet silly fears), get as much of the ‘good stuff’ as you can!’. An answer, an answer, my kingdom for the answer…

My desire is to boil the point down to key understanding, so please attempt fundamental minimalism in your replies (should I be lucky enough to receive one, or more). Let’s get to the point… what is most valuable, and how do we achieve it? Is there an answer to life, the universe and everything, so to speak?

Also. I’m going to kick anyone who says ‘42’ in the bum. :slight_smile:

An impressive post.
… and welcome to the acid reign. :evilfun:

Emmm… yeah … sort of.

You might want to add, “… and the clarity to know when I have it”. :sunglasses:

Certainly.

Ahh … catching on.

Certainly true too.

Yeah well, we’ll see about that.

Shucks … caught me. :-"

“The key understanding”, eh … succinct and to the point. Okay, but remember you asked … and that is all you asked. The ultimate philosophy in as few words as I could manage (and retain any sense at all):

Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony.

I’ll be expecting an email, kingdom enclosed. :sunglasses:

I’m becoming increasingly convinced people want to be given good rather than encounter it in others, so am not sure if it is the narcissist or servant in me that is glad for praise, but either which way thank you and I’m glad you enjoyed. Tis the source of service to serve. …maybe

Acid reign??? bwahahaha :laughing: . However did you know? :smiley: I begged to a God I didn’t believe in to permit me an eternity at 200ug. I couldn’t see any other way to keep it up so it was worth a shot… The soul in flight. It is quite stupendous to consider the beauty the future may hold, perhaps for the successful adventurer?

I’m not sure a person has ‘good’ without knowing they have it (clarity), though they may have good available to them but lack the clarity to realise it. It’s like the idea of ‘I have the ability, but not the means’. Surely not, the means are inherent to the ability… a crucial understanding surely eliminates the superfluous for maximum potency, is the clarity to realise when you have good different from understanding what it is, isn’t clarity equal to understanding what good is?

I asked for succinct answers, and I got them! Perhaps you would like to expand upon your ‘ultimate philosophy’? I think I might get it… ‘clarify’ - develop ideas, refine ideas? ‘verify’ - see if it works as expected? test ideas. ‘Instill’ - integrate ideas and approaches, internalise them, make them second nature? ‘Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony.’ you may need to explain to me. Is this the idea of synergistic creativity, co-creation, of the highest level? If so sounds good, scary and challenging. Sounds about right too.

I was thinking about battle cry’s, the cheer that leads warriors to victory. In the face of the greatest challenges to choose the highest level of self gratification. If God came calling i’d like to think i’d answer. But if a wise man’s tools are analogies and puzzles it seems ‘he’ has left me a trail of breadcrumbs to follow. Picking it up piece by piece, but “to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost”. Got to save your soul before you get old? I can believe that harmony is the only means to anentropic optimism, it’s not like i’m going to build my own car heat my own house and the million other things I want doing all by myself

Why are you restricting it to merely “ideas”?

With every endeavor, whether writing a post, cooking a meal, driving down the road, teaching a child, conquering a nation, or simply walking across the room;
Clarify your intent within you own mind,
Verify that you really want to pursue that particular intent,
Instill in your heart that the decision is made,
Reinforce your will by removing distractions.

Clarify the path or means to accomplish that intent,
Verify that the path is clear,
Instill and establish into physical reality your intention and will,
Reinforce your accomplishment so as to ensure lasting resolve.

Clarify your understandings,
Verify your understandings,
Instill, document, and remember your understandings,
Reinforce your understandings and their documentation.

Clarify to others your communication to ensure accuracy,
Verify with others your communication to ensure confidence,
Instill into others your communication such that they remember,
Reinforce your communication within others such that they could never forget.

Actually it is the same process done by just about every living being, but unknown to them and thus very sloppily performed. One must retrain oneself with those very fundamental processes until they become one’s purified, undistracted, undisturbed nature. It isn’t merely the flow of life that improves. As a practical example, The Schooling of Emma.

Perception of Hope and Threat, PHT, is what guides literally all living beings. Life belongs to any who master it.

Anentropy infers an equal giving and taking, growing and shrinking such as to maintain a stability, not quite the same as a rigid body, presumed to be forever affixed. All physical mass is maintained anentropically. Nothing physical is completely rigid.

Harmony is the absence of conflict while in concurrent motion, a dance with the process of life within and around, rather than a fight for who’s on top.

As it turns out, the sense of Joy is actually an inner perception of progress toward a hope or goal. Through harmonious motion, it is easy for the inner mind to perceive progress along the path and thus sense joy in dancing through life. So the advice is to master PHT through clarifying, verifying, instilling, and reinforcing and use that skill to guide the life both within and around you into anentropic harmony, thus creating a true and physically real spot of joyful and reasonably eternal heaven wherever you are.

… Still awaiting that Kingdom … :-k

Sorry I haven’t got around to answering this last post, I’m attempting to prioritise some stuff and waiting for a reading mood to learn a bit more about this Emma girl I’ve heard so much about