i've decided to settle

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: i've decided to settle

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:07 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:
Wouldnt it be advantageous to acquire all aspects of the picture before any choices are made?

What do you consider more important than family and friends?

The picture says that there is no meaning to life and that death is both inevitable and final and that is all I really need to know

Acquiring knowledge and accepting death and being alone as much as possible is what works for me as I have no family or friends

I can be alone and content with my life and so can Trixie if she engaged in some positive thinking so please teach her how to meditate


No I'm not content with your loser philosophy. You are like darth vader, who lives in a sterile robot body suit, trying to drag me down to the lowest levels of the dark side. Maybe that's why you believe you are a fleshbot and souls don't exist.
building a better future
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: i've decided to settle

Postby MagsJ » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:01 pm

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:Lovely example of a non sequitur that you have demonstrated there Mags
I guess any woman over forty I find beautiful must be lying about her age


Once you know MagsJ, you get to know she's absolutely terrible at logical reasoning.

It is you, Surrep, who has misunderstood the reply.
Image
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 16819
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: i've decided to settle

Postby surreptitious57 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:17 pm


Your reply bears absolutely no relevance to what I actually said
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: i've decided to settle

Postby Magnus Anderson » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:26 am

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:
Wouldnt it be advantageous to acquire all aspects of the picture before any choices are made?

What do you consider more important than family and friends?

The picture says that there is no meaning to life and that death is both inevitable and final and that is all I really need to know

Acquiring knowledge and accepting death and being alone as much as possible is what works for me as I have no family or friends

I can be alone and content with my life and so can Trixie if she engaged in some positive thinking so please teach her how to meditate


No I'm not content with your loser philosophy. You are like darth vader, who lives in a sterile robot body suit, trying to drag me down to the lowest levels of the dark side. Maybe that's why you believe you are a fleshbot and souls don't exist.


How is your philosophy any less loser philosophy than his? I would say he is far more honest than you are. That already makes him more of a winner than you are.
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3298
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: i've decided to settle

Postby MagsJ » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:53 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:Your reply bears absolutely no relevance to what I actually said


surreptitious57 wrote:Since she will have more life experience and that is something more important than beauty at my age
MagsJ wrote:So women in their 40s+ cannot be beautiful? Mon dieu #-o

surreptitious57 wrote:Lovely example of a non sequitur that you have demonstrated there Mags
I guess any woman over forty I find beautiful must be lying about her age

...it is your reply that bears absolutely no relevance to what I actually said ;)

You implied (by omitting otherwise) that older women with more life experience don't come with beauty.. it was merely an implication I picked up on and wanted to explore further. Can an older lady not have both? or were you simply saying that it doesn't have to be part of the equation in a potential partner for you?

I have seen many mis-matched couples, but something about that relationship works for them. If I cannot picture myself being comfortable with a guy in public and around my family, then he is not for me.. the factors being: height, looks, intellect/smarts, morals.
Image
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 16819
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: i've decided to settle

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:32 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:
How is your philosophy any less loser philosophy than his? I would say he is far more honest than you are. That already makes him more of a winner than you are.


Are you kidding me? He doesn't even have a philosophy...he's a fucking nihilist that embraces his own death... He isn't even honest either, when he loses an argument he never admits it, just says "I agree to disagree"...Honestly just shut the fuck up like everybody else should on this stupid website.
building a better future
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: i've decided to settle

Postby surreptitious57 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:51 am

Mags wrote:
You implied ( by omitting otherwise ) that older women with more life experience dont come with beauty

And here in lies the source of confusion which lead to you employing faulty reasoning with regard to what I said. Because I actually
implied no such thing. As I did not say older women have no beauty. I said beauty would not be for me the most important thing in
older women from a relationship perspective. Obviously it would be a factor. But a far more important one would be compatibility
If beauty was the most important factor then I might be more likely to go for younger women though not necessarily exclusively so
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: i've decided to settle

Postby surreptitious57 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:07 am

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:
Honestly just shut the fuck up like everybody else should on this stupid website

A forum where everyone does just that is not going to work now is it sweetie
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: i've decided to settle

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:11 am

UP....even me? I should shut up?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24442
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: i've decided to settle

Postby surreptitious57 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:45 am

I think she means all of us. Remember when she called you a slimebag because you never have any
deep philosophical thoughts. But she hates every one right now so try not to take it too personally
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: i've decided to settle

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:38 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:I think she means all of us. Remember when she called you a slimebag because you never have any
deep philosophical thoughts. But she hates every one right now so try not to take it too personally


I didn't call him a slimebag, Ecmandu called him a slimebag and I was simply explaining Ecmandu's motivations.
building a better future
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: i've decided to settle

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:39 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:
Honestly just shut the fuck up like everybody else should on this stupid website

A forum where everyone does just that is not going to work now is it sweetie


I would welcome everyone to talk on MY forums. Especially the religious retards, so I could send them to my religious retard section where they rightfully belong.
building a better future
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: i've decided to settle

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:40 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:UP....even me? I should shut up?


I said it before and I said it again, I welcome everyone to talk on MY forums.
building a better future
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: i've decided to settle

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:01 pm

But I'm a forum monogamist, except when I cheat on ILP with the finance forum. But even the best monogamist has a side bitch, so it doesn't even count.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24442
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: i've decided to settle

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:10 pm

Can't my forums be another one of your side bitches?
building a better future
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: i've decided to settle

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Whoa...I'm not a Mormon.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24442
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: i've decided to settle

Postby MagsJ » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:44 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Mags wrote:You implied ( by omitting otherwise ) that older women with more life experience dont come with beauty
And here in lies the source of confusion which lead to you employing [faulty reasoning] an assumption with regard to what I said. Because I actually
implied no such thing. As I did not say older women have no beauty. I said beauty would not be for me the most important thing in
older women from a relationship perspective. Obviously it would be a factor. But a far more important one would be compatibility
If beauty was the most important factor then I might be more likely to go for younger women though not necessarily exclusively so

Thanks for clearing my assumption up.
Image
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 16819
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Previous

Return to Psychology and Mind



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users