Fear is a tool

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Moderator: MagsJ

Fear is a tool

Postby nano-bug » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:40 am

:o

Emotionally it is the most underrated, overused tool. To be used against self, and against others.

If you've ever seen an animal documentary about monkeys, showing them make noises to signal an intruder, when there is no intruder, just so other monkeys will scatter, in order to raid the food left behind . . . people are not much different.

I guess my point here is, have a little hope. It feels better. Just watchout for disappointments. (Haha, fear tactic!) Keep a balance. Peace.

Oh, and enjoy bananas.
Highly adaptable. Yes. Wait! What? Yes. He, herself, is a head fuck. Well, will you look at this little train of thought?
nano-bug
Philosopher

Re: Fear is a tool

Postby The Golden Turd » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:53 pm

Can you link me to any said documentary, I would very much like to see how monkeys execute this strategem.
Support "The Angels of East Africa" on smile.Amazon.com it is free to do, they donate 0.05% of your purchase cost to them, or give donations directly via:

http://www.machinegunpreacher.org

Recently hidden post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192227&p=2649513#p2649513
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable

Postby nano-bug » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:59 pm

Turd Ferguson wrote:Can you link me to any said documentary, I would very much like to see how monkeys execute this strategem.

Trust me, they pulled it off without a hitch. The color commentator seemed trustworthy. From I saw, the monkey's executed it by making noises with their mouth and shaking tree limbs. Sorry for no linkage.
Highly adaptable. Yes. Wait! What? Yes. He, herself, is a head fuck. Well, will you look at this little train of thought?
nano-bug
Philosopher

Postby The Golden Turd » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:44 am

I can't find this level of intelligence shown in any YouTube video of monkeys stealing food. Really would like to see this, so track it down please. Thats a complex strategy.
Support "The Angels of East Africa" on smile.Amazon.com it is free to do, they donate 0.05% of your purchase cost to them, or give donations directly via:

http://www.machinegunpreacher.org

Recently hidden post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192227&p=2649513#p2649513
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable

Postby incorrect » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:39 am

nano-bug wrote::o

Emotionally it is the most underrated, overused tool. To be used against self, and against others.

If you've ever seen an animal documentary about monkeys, showing them make noises to signal an intruder, when there is no intruder, just so other monkeys will scatter, in order to raid the food left behind . . . people are not much different.

I guess my point here is, have a little hope. It feels better. Just watchout for disappointments. (Haha, fear tactic!) Keep a balance. Peace.

Oh, and enjoy bananas.

I agree

It bothers me quite a bit that fear as a tool creeps its way into the sexual question both ways

fear of pregnancy
fear of stds
fear of death from childbirth
sexual attraction to a man that imposes fear
masturbatory sexual attraction to one's own feeling of fear
imposition of fear to prevent people from fucking
sexual assaults

perhaps i'm the weird one here, but I prefer a more innocent approach to sex - curiosity rather than fear is much better here
incorrect
Thinker

Postby Kriswest » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:58 am

I have actually seen the strategy at work with lovebirds. Dogs and cats use a version of it as well when the smaller wants what the bigger has. It was the Lovebirds that impressed me the most though. Tiny brains able to learn a distraction tactic changed my thoughts about things quite a bit and made me study more.
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby nano-bug » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:54 pm

:D
Kriswest wrote:I have actually seen the strategy at work with lovebirds. Dogs and cats use a version of it as well when the smaller wants what the bigger has. It was the Lovebirds that impressed me the most though. Tiny brains able to learn a distraction tactic changed my thoughts about things quite a bit and made me study more.

Animal lover.
nano-bug
Philosopher

Postby Kriswest » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:00 pm

Well, I do love some. :) As I know that animals are individuals and there are deplorable animals in any given species just as there are in humans, I can only claim to love those that I love. :)
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby nano-bug » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:22 pm

Kriswest wrote:Well, I do love some. :) As I know that animals are individuals and there are deplorable animals in any given species just as there are in humans, I can only claim to love those that I love. :)

Haha. Lover Lover.
nano-bug
Philosopher

Postby Kriswest » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:37 am

:) I will go with that
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby nano-bug » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:25 pm

Kriswest wrote::) I will go with that

Thanks, I was being to stretch things, overreach.
nano-bug
Philosopher

Postby Kriswest » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:03 pm

Yea,,, we all do that from time to time :) ;)
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby James S Saint » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:25 am

PHT, Perception of Hope and Threat (aka "fun and fear") guides literally ALL living organisms, certainly including Man. So yeah, "fear is a tool", as is the perception of hope (often false hope).

Man is The Manipulator.

But then, as the story warned: "Don't even touch the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil" ("fun and fear").
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:00 pm

nano-bug wrote::o

Oh, and enjoy bananas.

Fear is a tool - can be a positive one.
What do you mean by "emotionally it is the most underrated? In which way?
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Return to Psychology and Mind