Fear is a tool

:astonished:

Emotionally it is the most underrated, overused tool. To be used against self, and against others.

If you’ve ever seen an animal documentary about monkeys, showing them make noises to signal an intruder, when there is no intruder, just so other monkeys will scatter, in order to raid the food left behind . . . people are not much different.

I guess my point here is, have a little hope. It feels better. Just watchout for disappointments. (Haha, fear tactic!) Keep a balance. Peace.

Oh, and enjoy bananas.

Can you link me to any said documentary, I would very much like to see how monkeys execute this strategem.

Trust me, they pulled it off without a hitch. The color commentator seemed trustworthy. From I saw, the monkey’s executed it by making noises with their mouth and shaking tree limbs. Sorry for no linkage.

I can’t find this level of intelligence shown in any YouTube video of monkeys stealing food. Really would like to see this, so track it down please. Thats a complex strategy.

I agree

[tab]It bothers me quite a bit that fear as a tool creeps its way into the sexual question both ways

fear of pregnancy
fear of stds
fear of death from childbirth
sexual attraction to a man that imposes fear
masturbatory sexual attraction to one’s own feeling of fear
imposition of fear to prevent people from fucking
sexual assaults

perhaps i’m the weird one here, but I prefer a more innocent approach to sex - curiosity rather than fear is much better here[/tab]

I have actually seen the strategy at work with lovebirds. Dogs and cats use a version of it as well when the smaller wants what the bigger has. It was the Lovebirds that impressed me the most though. Tiny brains able to learn a distraction tactic changed my thoughts about things quite a bit and made me study more.

:smiley:

Animal lover.

Well, I do love some. :slight_smile: As I know that animals are individuals and there are deplorable animals in any given species just as there are in humans, I can only claim to love those that I love. :slight_smile:

Haha. Lover Lover.

:slight_smile: I will go with that

Thanks, I was being to stretch things, overreach.

Yea, we all do that from time to time :slight_smile: :wink:

PHT, Perception of Hope and Threat (aka “fun and fear”) guides literally ALL living organisms, certainly including Man. So yeah, “fear is a tool”, as is the perception of hope (often false hope).

Man is The Manipulator.

But then, as the story warned: “Don’t even touch the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil” (“fun and fear”).

Fear is a tool - can be a positive one.
What do you mean by "emotionally it is the most underrated? In which way?