Psychology as we know it is at an end

…a case of the US versus the UK in solving a patient’s issues? as I’ve been offered CBT to help cope with my chronic fatigue situation and not shed loads of drugs… I wouldn’t take them anyway, but here it seems to be the last resort not the first.

No, but traditionally the U.K. has a more humanistic approach even where insight has to be imputed. The statistics in the U.S. are more dire. The derogation of capacity is more prevelant here. Not that they are conflicting or competing views, instead, they are more varied due to demographics. Besides the economics overwhelm regions,by the costs of individual treatment in the U.S.

Modern psychology is a charade and a scheme. They know it, I know it, that is why when I go they never even offer cognitive therapy, they know it won’t for me, I am a genius and beyond their simple yoga and cheap schemes.

I’ve got a problem, and yo I want them to solve it. I wouldn’t waste my time going there if I didn’t want it to work, so I make it work.

They are not there to get into my head, but to solve specific problems that I am allowing them to… It’s all charts and graphs, rather than mind probing and psychiatric couches.

I do hypnotism. Come to my office.

No… you might wanna probe me. Lol.

Can you hypnotise me into being a bitch that walks all over people to get where they want to go without giving a shit? then I might… I’m not sure I can be though.

Do tell of your best cases of hypnosis?

Tell me a hypnosis bedtime story Trixie, so that I can fall asleep to its unfolding tale…

I’ve got a hypnosis bedtime story.

Once upon a time, there was a black human man named Roy Orbison who had very special eyes. He could look at anyone and if they caught his gaze, could be found doing his will. A great musician as well, Roy gained steam and popularity until, one day, he ran into a man in the universal mind who could not be hypnotized by Roy’s powerful gaze. Returning the look and then some, the man rendered Roy permanently blind and left behind a marker saying ‘God was here’.

From then on, Roy could no longer hypnotize others, his music got lost alongside other greats rising up around him, and he learned a very good lesson about biting off more than he could chew.

Way to Cock block me Random. Way to kill a woman’s mood.

You dont want to be a bitch that does that, cuz then I couldnt get it up because u’d remind me of my exes.

My best case of hypnosis had over 20,000 people in the audience, no hoax.

Did you hypnotize them or did they hypnotize you into thinking you hypnotized them?

Bring it.

Psychology of categories like NMJS whatever is simple for people wh like to think all people are more or less the same and fitting in a glass jar.

In reality all people are different types

This is true but it’s a truism. The rotation of the 2 spheres is simply the effect of the conversion of one logical magnet through another. The conceptual framework creates a dynamo effect of one system with the other, through the forbearance of such action. The field created can only be described through meta fore. These function as feedback, keeping the conflicting framework alive.

Mesmerism revisited.

Or, ‘The New Mesmerism’

…the drugs being the cheaper option to any alternative long term treatment you mean? such as the CBT… medication cannot solve all problems, and it couldn’t possibly solve mine, so thank god for the NHS and their available clinics of reason.

Yes, the effect of Capitalization of healthcare and the resulting lack of affordability.

Magsj,

CBT is effective only with the requirements of adequate intelligence and insight. It does work, it is working for me, I think, and it is reassuring to know that implies I have that much capacity to do it. But it is difficult, and long term. Most patients don’t have the patience for it. They need a quick fix, coming from the outside, which works against internalization.

I am no expert on CBT… this being only my second referral… My first was for grieving, which I was not happy to or able to express myself over, so it didn’t really work. Perhaps it was just too personal to share… perhaps.

This time round it is not about a personal matter, but about a more general need for help caused by environmental factors, so I am happy to open up and discuss the matter in order for the health professionals to meet my needs and get me through the initial and further stages of treatment.

CBT will work if we want it to/if we open ourselves up for help.

My Therapist was an E, and she would race through each session with a determined vigour that I tried to ignore and keep up with, but I’m sure that it would have worked for another E… I would leave our appointments feeling more worse off each time, so needing more downtime and internalisation just to recover from each session, which was detrimental to my condition.

If your Therapist grates against your sensibilities/your needs, then I would request another one, as remaining in the situation will prolong or even hinder your recovery. She couldn’t see it, but I could… she being an E n all.

My motto has always been ‘don’t rush me’ :neutral_face:

Those that need a quick fix should choose their fixes wisely, and if they do not then that is their concern… as they are only hindering their own recovery and betterment of self, but those types don’t care because all they see is the false gift glittering in its wrapper that promises them the world.

Sorrily for those with quick fixes, it usually is not a choice, but the only alternative left. The system has deprived them of any other path. Once the drugs begin, it becomes a fix.