Depression is the fuel of modernity.

As time goes on the worse it gets. I feel like riding my bike one mile is too much effort. “How fucking modern can you be” I say to myself. Then I say to myself “What’s the point. Never getting anywhere anyway.”

Depression is literally the fuel of modernity. When people have nothing to live for, they don’t have any muscle drive. And that is the goal of modernity. To get people so depressed that they will get to the point of no return, where they literally can never dig themselves up again.

The reason you are so depressed, in my opinion, is because you need to have a richer social life.
Humans are, naturally, social creatures. Cliche as fuck, I know; but it’s true.

Get outside more, Trixie.

Why would I go outside to be around robots I have zero connection with.

My social life equals this.

Friends never give me any attention for months. When I try to get their attention they ignore me, then when I criticize them, they hold a grudge on me and use it as an excuse to ignore me further.

I should come down to Tallahassee and show you what real friendship is like.

I know what you mean, though. It’s difficult to find real friends these days, esp. ones who you can relate to.

Depression is in the brain (and body.) It can be, and it is, triggered by external circumstances, but ultimately, it is in the body.

Richer social life is a drug, not a cure.

Depression is a variation of the primary emotion of sadness.
Emotions are critical necessities, so there is no way for humanity to eliminate sadness from our menu of emotions.

Severe depression is when the primary sadness emotions are intermix with other secondary emotions and other neural elements to generate a state of an abnormal variation of sadness.

Generally the purpose of sadness and its related secondary emotions are not intended to fuel progress, i.e. in this case modernity. Sadness is generally geared toward regress and not progress to support its evolutionary purposes. [grief for example is a necessary where applicable]
However as an exception, depression in some do trigger progress when one realize depression is leading no where and thus decide to reverse the process. This progress may have more to do with the instinctual ‘fight response’ and certain variations of the anger emotion.

I think a greater understanding of the mechanics [neural, chemical, etc.] could enable one to deal with depression more easily. The problem for many is when depression get too severe it is not easy to psycho-analyze it and even pills may not help. Note Robin Williams and others. The only hope is to trigger a strong ‘fight’ response [as in the instinctual fight or flight response].

However I am optimistic [very hopeful] most can “fight” depression via rewiring of the relevant neurons to modulate the variations of the necessary sadness emotion.

Modernity is not a progress but a regress, and that is the missing element in your formula.

They call factories, pollution and toxins in the environment “progress”.

Depression is the result of sexual stratification and disconnect from natural drives (such as a zero hostility policy). You cannot hopelessly reconfigure neurons that are tangled and mangled by society each day.

Not everyone who is sexually stratified is depressed. (You are, once again, sexually obsessed.)

Yeah because ive been forced a life of almost total nunnery by society. I don’t like my will to power being oppressed by society. And I dont like the hypocrasy of a sex-obssessed society telling me its against the rules to flirt with pple at my job. They are trying to mess with our minds, it’s a conspiracy.

Now that is the definition of cuck, of I’ve ever seen it

Cucks are sexually obsessed men, like you and Trixie, which is why they are willing to sell themselves to women.

You are just a whiner.

Spank me.

A true definition of a cuck is a star trek autism. Usually found on fetlife, they post excessively cubic style speech patterns and mannerisms and usually mention how they are asexual. These are the types that view Love as distinctly asexual and Lust as distinctly different from love, then go on endless debates categorizing the differences between Love and Lust, completely oblivious that the Greek language did this sort of categorizing in a much more intelligent way, ages ago.

A cuck is someone who devalues the sex drive and suggests people be content living lives of forced celibacy and nunnery.

Me and Ecmandu are not cucks, we are cucked.

Cuck is a husband who is fine with his wife being fucked by other men. Not someone without a wife. Not a celibate person. Cucks are sexually needy people who are willing to do anything for sex, even if it’s mere whining.

I’ve thought about this. My definition of cuck is different than yours.

To be honest, I don’t think your definition of cuck is that bad. Unless the husband is not allowed to sleep around, but the wife is, then it seems unfair. Also, if the wife makes it hard for the husband to fuck her, I’m not cool with that.

What word besides cuck should I use that you find more fitting?