Full metal jacket, or who can gain me insight into a strange

I dreamt that I was doing something in this cultish place, don’t know if I actually belonged there, or, was applying to get in.

I felt I knew no one, and no one knew me. I went hither and tither, to find bearings, relevance or a niche to settle in for a minute of introspection.

As soon as I settled down, I found a tray of a delicious steak dinner on the couch, and took it into my lap and munched on it. No one came to claim it, so I thought that either someone just left it there on purpose, or forgot about it , probably out of a lack of hunger.

Then I got up and walked through what appeared to be dorm rooms, and there were some boys sprawled out on their beds, doing their home works, paying not the least attention to me.

Then walked some more, for the place had a labyrinthic appearance, and went through several archways and tunnels of variously illuminated foreys.

Finally, I started to feel that everyone was really and intensely aware of me, but pretended to not to notice.

I sat back on the couch I found myself in the same position as before. Finally there came a bee line of what appeared to be a deliberate procession of young people, traversing the space before me. Then, a man among them, sat down next to me, and looked directly into my eyes. I didn’t know what to make of him, and upon closer examination, he appeared to have grey , glazed eyes, sort of the kind caught fish have, which have already stopped flapping on the boat deck. He embraced me with an understanding way, whereupon I woke up.

Addendum: and I know there are fellow sceptics out there, an interesting disclosure is required here, if I may.:

Since I have never seen the movie ‘full metal jacket’ , I went and looked up the plot, to seek some kind of relevance. I read it as carefully as I could, and immediately identified with the protagonist - joker.
Then fully conscious now, thought of the consequences. Did Joker kill the woman sort of analogous to a prospective applicant to a gang, and reveling in his first kill, as entry fee to his membership in it?

I add this in full and unreserved honesty, and wonder how this can add to it.

I watched that movie all the time as a kid. You should just go and watch it. It’s pretty good. Don’t bother reading the book if there’s a book. The movie version is always better than the book.

I appreciate that, but what about how it jives with the dream?