Do you enjoy being around nature?

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: Do you enjoy being around nature?

Postby Artimas » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:35 pm

One Liner wrote:Would a desert be enjoyable or is it just lush green trees that are enjoyable?

It could be enjoyable. People like the sun too, the lack of weather, etc. I grew up in Nevada and wouldn't mind being in Egypt.

A "god" who deserves worship will be humble enough to reject it; A "god" who demands worship will not be worthy of it.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3198
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Do you enjoy being around nature?

Postby Artimas » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:38 pm

shellytrokan wrote:
Artimas wrote:

Are people different? Are perspectives different? The movie spoiler applies to everyone, as does a national border, or any policy legislated by any government; if people were different would formula still apply?
What about forums themselves? Why is the forum reality never the tv reality, or the EU parliament reality, or the novel reality - people in movies or novels barely ever speak like they do in real life on forums.

I don't believe in difference. So the cast of Friday the 13th 2009 are identical to the current members of the EU parliament, but the ability of either requires the absence of reflection: maybe uniformity is truth, except that it's being true requires the inability to be aware of it.


All is same, but there are some differences, it is the driver for expanding. Without the illusion you would not be able to think fresh or come up with unique ideas. All things come from the same source though.



You would agree that the movie spoiler applies to any postman, or to any member of Cleopatra's court? And that the reason that Terminator 2 is a good sequel applies to the servants of an aristocratic estate in the nineteenth century?
If these links are true, yet are not meant to be referenced, as a pattern, how does one justify pattern in the first place that it itself requires justification? If a nation existing needed justifying, why should the nation have bias over the servants in the 19th century being linked to Terminator 2?


I am not sure what you are asking. Justification itself is the same as the rest, an idea. They're all ideas and share it as a single source.

A "god" who deserves worship will be humble enough to reject it; A "god" who demands worship will not be worthy of it.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3198
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Do you enjoy being around nature?

Postby One Liner » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:41 pm

Artimas wrote:
One Liner wrote:Would a desert be enjoyable or is it just lush green trees that are enjoyable?

It could be enjoyable. People like the sun too, the lack of weather, etc. I grew up in Nevada and wouldn't mind being in Egypt.

In my experience it has been very enjoyable and in fact more enjoyable than the greenery of a forest.
One Liner
Thinker
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:00 pm

Re: Do you enjoy being around nature?

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:33 pm

I might enjoy the desert in the evening. Cooler I think and the silence might be so intense.
Silence is ............no words for it in the desert. Yes? No?
SAPERE AUDE!


If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.


What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel


I learn as I write!
User avatar
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
 
Posts: 14942
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Ecstasy on Earth.

Re: Do you enjoy being around nature?

Postby shellytrokan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:25 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:I might enjoy the desert in the evening. Cooler I think and the silence might be so intense.
Silence is ............no words for it in the desert. Yes? No?


Do you think that art applies to the desert? Homo sapiens are defined as creators of art, but is it reality that art is just context? An idea that intrigues me is that anywhere that's a place of art can be a desert, or an airport, or an office building.
shellytrokan
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:37 pm

Re: Do you enjoy being around nature?

Postby Artimas » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:48 am

shellytrokan wrote:
Arcturus Descending wrote:I might enjoy the desert in the evening. Cooler I think and the silence might be so intense.
Silence is ............no words for it in the desert. Yes? No?


Do you think that art applies to the desert? Homo sapiens are defined as creators of art, but is it reality that art is just context? An idea that intrigues me is that anywhere that's a place of art can be a desert, or an airport, or an office building.


I agree it is context, beauty in the eye of the beholder.

All is art as all is nature. Nature is the epitome of art. Life, existing, all of it interweaves.

A "god" who deserves worship will be humble enough to reject it; A "god" who demands worship will not be worthy of it.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3198
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Do you enjoy being around nature?

Postby shellytrokan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:00 pm

Artimas wrote:
shellytrokan wrote:
Arcturus Descending wrote:I might enjoy the desert in the evening. Cooler I think and the silence might be so intense.
Silence is ............no words for it in the desert. Yes? No?


Do you think that art applies to the desert? Homo sapiens are defined as creators of art, but is it reality that art is just context? An idea that intrigues me is that anywhere that's a place of art can be a desert, or an airport, or an office building.


I agree it is context, beauty in the eye of the beholder.

All is art as all is nature. Nature is the epitome of art. Life, existing, all of it interweaves.



Is it a contradiction, that anything can be art? I don't think this could ever be true, therefore if nature is a process of trial and error, art is not trial and error.
What do you think it could mean, that art is always perfection?
shellytrokan
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:37 pm

Re: Do you enjoy being around nature?

Postby Artimas » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:30 am


Is it a contradiction, that anything can be art? I don't think this could ever be true, therefore if nature is a process of trial and error, art is not trial and error.
What do you think it could mean, that art is always perfection?


Art isn't restricted, it is subjective and can be anything. Perfection is subjective as well. It is up to the conscious perspective to determine whether or not it is art or if they value it as perfect.

A "god" who deserves worship will be humble enough to reject it; A "god" who demands worship will not be worthy of it.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3198
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Previous

Return to Psychology and Mind



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot]