I am offended by the Sexism in my own dreams!

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Moderator: MagsJ

I am offended by the Sexism in my own dreams!

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:08 pm

I was at church, praising the Lord, with many wonderful and musical of instruments. Slowly but surely, the church morphed into a beautiful and wondrous hotel, surrounded with old ladies. I was tasked to perform as the chief entertainer for the 4th of July circus. I shopped around for fireworks, found some quarter sticks of dynamite for 3 dollars, my mom advised against it but I ignored her and bought them anyway. Quickly lit the fuse, wasn't sure it was lit so I threw it quickly to the floor. Ran about 30 feet away and covered my ears. Heard *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM*, it was exhilarating, like all of my wildest videogame dreams had come true and I was witnessing the explosion of the boss ships. Then some feminist in the hallway yelled "Bastard" in indignance to the fact that quarter sticks of dynamite were being used...then a couple of 4 year old girls were not running away from the dynamite, but to the continuously exploding dynamite...and their mother's tried to pull them away but were too weak to pull the 4 year old girls away, the 4 year olds were crying and kept running closer and closer to the dynamite, in a panic. Soon as the dynamite was over I ran away as quickly as I could to escape the angry feminists.
1. Why are my dreams so sexist...why are little girls portrayed as running to the dynamite, and not away from it?
2. Why do my dreams portray women as goodie two-shoes, party-pooper's, and rule enforcers?
3. This offends me deeply.

The second dream I had may be of interest to someone in the forums known as Laughing Man. There was this wonderful, dingy dark building full of poop and dildos, and it strangely, felt comfortable to be in. The Joker was there, and superimposed was footage of this game called Batman: Arkham Knight. There was a butch lesbian in there, the only person in the building. She was playing Arkham Knight in single player, alone with her poop and dildos. The Joker was going around on a train tracks, banging his head on pots and pans and contorting his body. He was trying to convince her to pay him five dollars so he could configure the multiplayer components of Arkham Knight on her PC. 5 dollars was too much for her, so Joker had to sell his salespitch in ever more convoluted and convincing ways.
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Re: I am offended by the Sexism in my own dreams!

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:55 pm

---
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:59 am

You clearly need a dream psychologist that specializes in treating the political incorrectness of your own thoughts followed by being prescribed some hardcore narcotic medications. My advice does not come free and I will bill you in the morning.

Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit

Postby Lev Muishkin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:23 am

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:I was at church, praising the Lord, with many wonderful and musical of instruments. Slowly but surely, the church morphed into a beautiful and wondrous hotel, surrounded with old ladies. I was tasked to perform as the chief entertainer for the 4th of July circus. I shopped around for fireworks, found some quarter sticks of dynamite for 3 dollars, my mom advised against it but I ignored her and bought them anyway. Quickly lit the fuse, wasn't sure it was lit so I threw it quickly to the floor. Ran about 30 feet away and covered my ears. Heard *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM*, it was exhilarating, like all of my wildest videogame dreams had come true and I was witnessing the explosion of the boss ships. Then some feminist in the hallway yelled "Bastard" in indignance to the fact that quarter sticks of dynamite were being used...then a couple of 4 year old girls were not running away from the dynamite, but to the continuously exploding dynamite...and their mother's tried to pull them away but were too weak to pull the 4 year old girls away, the 4 year olds were crying and kept running closer and closer to the dynamite, in a panic. Soon as the dynamite was over I ran away as quickly as I could to escape the angry feminists.
1. Why are my dreams so sexist...why are little girls portrayed as running to the dynamite, and not away from it?
2. Why do my dreams portray women as goodie two-shoes, party-pooper's, and rule enforcers?

The second dream I had may be of interest to someone in the forums known as Laughing Man. There was this wonderful, dingy dark building full of poop and dildos, and it strangely, felt comfortable to be in. The Joker was there, and superimposed was footage of this game called Batman: Arkham Knight. There was a butch lesbian in there, the only person in the building. She was playing Arkham Knight in single player, alone with her poop and dildos. The Joker was going around on a train tracks, banging his head on pots and pans and contorting his body. He was trying to convince her to pay him five dollars so he could configure the multiplayer components of Arkham Knight on her PC. 5 dollars was too much for her, so Joker had to sell his salespitch in ever more convoluted and convincing ways.

I think you are trying to tell yourself to stop going to church.

"Science is entirely Faith Based.... Obama is Muslim....Evil is the opposition to life (e-v-i-l <=> l-i-v-e ... and not by accident). Without evil there could be no life.", James S. Saint.
"The Holocaust was the fault of the Jews; The Holocaust was not genocide", Kriswest
"A Tortoise is a Turtle", Wizard
" Hitler didn't create the Nazis. In reality, the Judists did ... for a purpose of their own. Hitler was merely one they chose to head it up after they discovered the Judist betrayal in WW1, their "Judas Iscariot";James S Saint.
These just keep getting funnier.
Lev Muishkin
Philosopher

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:33 pm

HaHaHa wrote:You clearly need a dream psychologist that specializes in treating the political incorrectness of your own thoughts followed by being prescribed some hardcore narcotic medications. My advice does not come free and I will bill you in the morning.

Thankyou for this quality advice, you are a hardworking man, went to college for a long time and you deserve every cent of my hard earned money.

Tomorrow I will pay 200 dollars for a 1 hour therapy session, so I can share my business with a total stranger, who will fix all my problems with positive words.
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:36 pm

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:I was at church, praising the Lord, with many wonderful and musical of instruments. Slowly but surely, the church morphed into a beautiful and wondrous hotel, surrounded with old ladies. I was tasked to perform as the chief entertainer for the 4th of July circus. I shopped around for fireworks, found some quarter sticks of dynamite for 3 dollars, my mom advised against it but I ignored her and bought them anyway. Quickly lit the fuse, wasn't sure it was lit so I threw it quickly to the floor. Ran about 30 feet away and covered my ears. Heard *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM*, it was exhilarating, like all of my wildest videogame dreams had come true and I was witnessing the explosion of the boss ships. Then some feminist in the hallway yelled "Bastard" in indignance to the fact that quarter sticks of dynamite were being used...then a couple of 4 year old girls were not running away from the dynamite, but to the continuously exploding dynamite...and their mother's tried to pull them away but were too weak to pull the 4 year old girls away, the 4 year olds were crying and kept running closer and closer to the dynamite, in a panic. Soon as the dynamite was over I ran away as quickly as I could to escape the angry feminists.

Nice how dreams tend to clear things up.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

Thunderbolt steers all things.
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Return to Psychology and Mind