Shorter Typology

I used the test results from several INTP forums to develop a rubric/threshold score for my theory.

I gotta calculate this up myself?

Give me a minute while I take (and calculate) the test.

83 - the designer
93 - the professional
61 - the charmer

I usually identify as INTJ or INTP, but this result seems to fit as well.

If none of my scores meet the 105 threshold, does that mean they don’t reliably tell my type?

I always take these assessments conservatively - I don’t give a lot of high scores for fear something will be disproportionately weighted and throw the test off. I find it easier to give the minimum score (0) when I’m sure that something is not me at all. It’s interesting to think that the type of person you are affects the way you approach the assessment in the first place.

If none of your scores meet the threshold it just means you don’t have any of these disorders. But if you’re not giving yourself high scores on purpose then it might throw everything off as far as your score.

University field testing hasn’t been done yet. But I have been doing my own field testing on INTP forums. So based on the data I collected / gathered from those groups I was able to establish a pretty reliable rubric.

The proposal is almost finished. These are the guidelines for the proposal

dcps.dc.gov/sites/default/files … Data_0.pdf

Shorter Typology has gone viral. This is incredible. Hundreds and thousands of people are looking at the site every day. Someone is taking it every minute. I’m on the front page of dozens and dozens of psychology google searches. I actually come above Wikipedia entries in psychology google searches. Going on Myers Briggs forums and Typology Central really paid off. People may not post their scores that often but they are definitely looking at the site. It’s amazing how you can put something on the Internet and within a few years it snowballs and takes off and becomes this huge thing.

The test has been cut in half
Someone I work with requested that

kimanishorter.tripod.com/assessment.html

Got a community center director with masters in social services to help with testing

Thanks well I’ve already done reliability testing through those INTP forums and another one that’s down not operating

But I still need validity testing done I gave you the printed out copy so you see At the bottom the assessment page the plan for validity testing

kimanishorter.tripod.com/assessment.html

So this is what you would do

The sample size for validity testing will be ten people all with high functioning autism

Validity testing is giving my test and the Myers Briggs to these ten people over and over again until all ten score the same on both establishing validity

For Myers Briggs High functioning autism tends to fall into INTP categories

For my test it falls into the designer category

So the 10 tests subjects will take the test until all 10 score both as Intps and designers

Sent from my iPhone

Good afternoon Mr. Short,

I went over your work and found it very interesting. I started to complete the personality test, but I didn’t get the chance to complete it. Tomorrow, I’ll be following up with you with my complete feedback and if I can assist any further please let me know.

Best Regards,

Mario Cirilo
Site Director
Queenstown Community Center
In Partnership with Community Services Foundation

My twitter page

mobile.twitter.com/kimani_shorter?lang=en

My twitter page for shorter typology

My work the test

mobile.twitter.com/kimani_shorter

I’ve made lot of progress last time I was here

Got UDC a local university involved

Was introduced to a grad school dean there by an office counselor

Also got a group home supervisor to help with the validity testing plan.

Got Montgomery county schools system informal peer review done as well as Dr Ballard a psychologist from a local clinic to help shape the test

Autism should not be heavy with one type. Is there a reason you are leaning heavily on that type (forums, etc), and why the autism focus? Do you think focusing on Internet forums has the potential to attract a certain subset of personalities? Are folks self-diagnosing… or is this a tool to diagnose personality disorders…as if certain personality types are disordered, rather than merely diverse? Based on what criteria? Does it see disordered personality types as malleable/plastic, or does it accept as-is? Why is autism lumped in with personality disorders?

I was reading about personality tests a while ago. I got curious about why the Myers Briggs went out of favour, and why psychologists seem to prefer the Big 5 personality test today.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Fiv … ity_traits

I don’t really know how they test the validity of uselessness of one personality test or another.

I mean I can think of a basic test: for any given personality model, test it against the Barnum Effect. That would weed out some clearly incorrect or useless models, like Astrology. But once those are weeded out, what’s next? How can you design experiments to test between Myers Briggs and big 5?

Why did you design this new test Kimani? What’s the purpose of a new personality test? Why should we believe this one is more useful or more accurate than existing ones?

MAtt Cora the group home supervisor was the one Who developed the test more recently. He was the last person to put his stamp on it and he worked with a special needs population. So that’s probably why there is a focus on autism as far as the validity testing plan.

I was turned away by some people who I pitched this to.

This phd life coach I met last summer who tried to rope in told me it was dangerous if fell into the wrong hands my test and would be better as a Secondary assessment. Something used more just in clinics instead of grade schools. But I was able to go through the peer review process with the Montgomery county school system regardless and got a social worker in silver spring interested who doesn’t work in a clinic setting

Kimani,

More important than backing your project or pushing it forward is being able to defend it as a good one. What good is peer review if the peers aren’t on the same page about that? Even the nicotine industry was able to manipulate “science” to say what it needed “science” to say.

I don’t think it’s hard to defend it as a good one at all

I was told on the phone by the applied research person mcps that I could collect data but also went later through an informal peer review where I was asked what my method of data collection was and what the purpose of my test would be in a high school setting

And then of course few years before that I’m introduced to a udc grad school teacher who after a few months of having my work shortens the test

I’ve gotten some online complaints about labeling kids and the possible cost of that but so what ? The Myers Briggs does that too label kids. And it was considered progress. This is just progress and what progress looks like.

I don’t get people online or even that life coach who try to pin me as some sort of master manipulator / con man / monster whose just brainwashing people

People are just afraid of progress and always have been