Size of my consciousness.

Sometimes when I am laying down, my vision feels like it is a projection from a machine. I feel like I am larger than my brain, and my visual field is a tiny thing, and that I should be able to look outside it, yet for some reason I cannot look outside my own visual field. I feel like I am outside of my brain, yet still surrounded by my visual field. I feel like there are many brains in a row of vats of brains, and I am simply looking into the brains, but I got too close to this brain and I am stuck in side of it. If i just will my consciousness, I feel like I should be able to jump to another brain, because a brain is just a brain, just a collection of silly thoughts, a small visual field, pain is only if you get too deeply attached to your brain, the delusion of the brain. If I just focus I should be able to simply jump to another brain, getting brand new silly thoughts, so it should be no biggie.

I can look into a dark area or just close my eyes, and I see these clusters of little points of orangish red light swirling in a circle… looks like an atom with orbiting particles. The thing lasts for about seven seconds then it disolves. I have to move my eyes and focus on a new spot… then I can see another one.

So either I have supersight and can see shit ya’ll can’t, or this is some kind of visual effect created in/by my eye or something. Little swirling circles of light points. Been able to see em since I was a kid.

scienceline.org/2014/12/why-do-w … es-closed/

I have biophotonic vision.

I never get those, I always get the green rings.

I guess I was born with the “green ring” flavor, and you were born with the “swirling circles of orange light points” flavor. This is our cutie marks, our bionicle flavors we were born with.

a cutie mark, as it were. if this is some kind of my little pony thing I ain’t into it man. I like transformers and gi Joe. he man and thundercats were okay and I liked the mask thing that came out with the cartoon. the transforming vehicles… basically a transformer ripoff.

does anyone remember that cartoon where there where four dudes that made a band, and each one had some kind of superpower. one dudes name was multiplex or something like that and he could copy himself. fuck what was the name of that cartoon. it came our the same time the foursome superhero team… the one with that gloop thing and the guy made of rock. Fantastic four? I can’t remember.

These arent superpowers, they dont do anything, to my knowledge, so they are just flavors. I was never into gi joe but i did like bionicle. Is that manly enough for you?

Please don’t make it mine, I don’t think either of us would like it.

I would simply, be you…you wouldn’t even know the difference…well, maybe there would be a little bit of me in there, hehee…

I think I would find it exhausting, I’m far too lazy to attempt anything like your output.

Phosphenes don’t explain the manifold lights you see inside your mind, e.g. when dreaming or visioning, indeed the very thing we are actually seeing the as the world vision projected by the mind. If you shoved a camera inside your brain you would not see anything other than the organic mass and electrical activity.

There will I think, be a manner by which the consciousness interacts with your brain, however that consciousness is a product of that same brain/machine, so you wont be able to move beyond that without first building the device that will enable consciousness to free-roam – virtually.

There are people in the circles I once moved in who claim to be able to swap bodies and the like, but I think this is just the brain being able to manifest virtual worlds. As the brain does manifest the world we experience, it seems probable that it can make a world as it would expect it to be but from an alt-perspective location ~ just as it can do when hypnotised or with cameras rigged up to the brain for a virtual experience. This is not the same as actually moving outside of your brain.

Multiplex was in both Suicide Squad and Alex(Lex)ander Luther’s Secret Scoiety of Super Villians in the Bronze Age if I remember correctly. I can’t think of a cartoon that Multiplex would have been in, unless he made appearances in some of the Justice League cartoons, of which I haven’t seen all of them.

The cartoon you are thinking of is ‘The Impossibles’, and the characters were Coil Man, Fluid Man and Multi Man.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnAYBZYZwiw[/youtube]

But what do I know.

That’s the one!

you. are. awesome.

fuck Im old. look at that graphics quality.

Hanna-Barbera I think, they got dissolved into Cartoon Network in the early 2000’s. An end of an era.

Oh is that what happened to the hair bear bunch. Strange how we don’t get those old cartoons on TV anymore ~ in the uk anyway.

If i have them, I don’t really notice them at all.

What fascinates me is when i am deeply tired and close my eyes, sometimes I’ll have an image - a really quick image, for one, an airplane flying overhead high and swiftly. Another I’ve had at least a few times is of a manta ray swimming on the bottom of the ocean or wherever it is. lol Some are less memorable than others but they’re there as soon as I’ve closed my eyes.
I’m not dreaming as I’m fully aware that I’m still awake. I’ve also had quick flashes of a star-studded sky at night.
These images disappear as quickly as they appear in a matter of a few seconds after I’ve opened my eyes. …almost like lightning but much quicker.
Really interesting. Could there be a name for that?

Trixie,

You seem to be assuming the same thing about consciousness that most Westerners assume–that it is like a ghost in the machine–it can conceivably be transferred from one brain to another.

But what about this perspective: you’re right! It is all being projected, the visual world around you. But this includes brains and other bodies. It includes the entire physical world (some of which must rely on the projection of thought as we can’t sense everything). So when you talk about your consciousness being transferred to another body, you mean being transferred to a product of that very consciousness to be transferred.

Brought to its logical conclusion, this view says that consciousness is not a phenomenon that emerges within the physical world, but the physical world is a phenomenon that emerges in consciousness. Talking about transferring consciousness into a body that resides within it is like talking about transferring reality into an object that exists within reality. It’s a meaningless idea.

If this seems gloomy to you (assuming you want to leave your body and experience what it’s like to be another person), this perspective comes along with a replacement prospect (though still impractical). If reality is being generated by consciousness, then it should be possible, at least in principle, to reconfigure reality in any way you want… in principle. You could conceivably transform your reality, the way you experience it, to be identical to how you predict another person experiences his reality. In fact, I think this is more practical than trying to transfer your consciousness to a different body ← even if that were possible.

Consciousness does not generate reality, creation is a myth, as well as causality order.

There is no order behind it, consciousness requires reality to exist and reality requires consciousness to exist. There is no order of causality, the only causality is nothing becoming something for reason of nothingness cannot be conscious of itself.

To say that “physical reality emerges in consciousness” implies the nonsensical notion that consciousness inherently exists outside of reality in order to generate reality.

No, its very meaningful and straightforward to sane and rational minds.

Its no different than attaching a camera to a mesh. Currently the camera is attached to my mesh and not your mesh, and i seek to find the underlying reason behind it. To say that the fact of the matter, the camera being attached the mesh, is meaningless, is absolute nonsense.

Your words are attempting to complicate things.

Furthermore, your words are simply not true. Their consciousness does not exist in my reality, only their body exists in my reality. Until I become their consciousness then their reality is fundamentally different from my reality. So it would not be transferring reality into an object that exists in reality, because their object (conscious reality) does not exist in my reality.

You could be insane, or dead and getting merged with other consciousness channels.

If you take this as a foregone conclusion, then there is no point in entertaining my offer. I offered a different perspective–and yes, it clashes with yours–but you should ask yourself: what do you cherish more: your perspective, or the goal you are trying to achieve with the use of your perspective. If the goal is more important, then it would behoove you, insofar as your perspective doesn’t seem to be helping, to at least entertain alternative perspectives, at least temporarily.

Be open minded.

Causality implies order. Cause, by definition, precedes effect.

And what do you mean here: …nothing becoming something for reason of nothingness cannot be conscious of itself. ← Do you mean that nothing necessarily becomes something because, for some reason, it needs to be conscious of itself, and this forces (causes) it to become something?

No, it is reality.

You mean people with your perspective. Of course! You subscribe to the ghost-in-the-machine view. Quite naturally, the idea of transferring consciousness from one body to another is meaningful from that perspective. But it becomes meaningless in the context of my perspective: consciousness generating reality (or the contents of reality, if you will).

You really should consider relativism. That way, you could say things like: sure gib, your right relative to your perspective, but relative to mine, it’s nonsense.

Sure, nonsense if we stick to your perspective. But I’m offering an alternative. You’re trying to figure out why consciousness seems to be stuck to a particular brain. I’m trying to give you an answer that requires thinking of things from an alternative perspective. If you wish to reject that perspective, that’s fine, but I would predict you won’t ever find your answer.

Yet another perspective: what if, instead of a ghost in the brain, consciousness was a product of the brain. At least you can imagine a ghost leaving the body and entering another, but if that ghost were an appendage of a functioning brain, could it really detach itself from that brain and survive?

The transition from one perspective to another is usually complicated as it requires your brain to grasp new and foreign concepts. But once you get it, it really is rather simple.

No, the object I’m talking about is their body. That obviously exists in your reality. How do you transfer your reality into someone’s body?