what consciousness can be defined as

time does not exist. A piece of Time is a collection of objects in various positions.

Consciousness is the interpolation of times, it is a collection of pieces of Time.

its shape is a gradient which is blended outward into the sea of nothing.

The End Of Time / Julian Barbour

Consider an empty room. In it, there is a person and box of nails.

If the box never moves, if the nails never rust, how then can it be changing? It is the persons storms of mind, the storms of his consciousness, that are changing. Each day he sees something different in the nail. His consciousness is the storms, the cloud, the thing that changes the nail. But once his storm, his clouds orbit and reach the original point in the cycle…he sees the nail as the same as it was before. The nail never changed, it is timeless. Several thousand years from now, if we could see a nail with a microscope, see its electrons, we would say it has changed. But still it is true, that only the position of objects, electrons, has changed. If we put the electrons back, if we clean the rust, the nail is the same as before. Timeless…If we revive our body, we are timeless, if we revive the world, the world is timeless. Time does not exist, there are only states of being…arrangement of objects. We live in a world full of crazy people, always focused on Time, a thing which does not exist…

If other people are real, that means there is a Me in them. If there is a Me in them, that means I can leave my body and become them. I am attached to the sensations in my body and I do not no why. I feel like I am my thoughts, if I leave my body I will forget I ever wanted to leave my body and mabe go back to my body. The question is, how do I leave my body…

Consciousness and time have an interesting relation.

I had a thread once that explained why consciousness had to be extended in time–that is to say, even though we only ever experience consciousness in the “now,” this “now” isn’t a singular point in time, like a dimensionless point, but a small smeared out region in time encompassing not only the present but a glimpse of the future and a remnant of the past. We are always experiencing a bit of the future and a bit of the past all at once.

I think this has to do with our experience of motion. We cannot have the experience of motion without our consciousness being at least a little bit extended in time.

As for the distant future and the distant past–those project from memory and conditioned anticipation.

But to answer the general topic of this thread: what consciousness can be defined as, I have this to say:

Consciousness is: 1) qualativity, 2) being, and 3) meaning–all rolled into one. And there is nothing more to existence than that.

Consciousness does not need to have meaning to exist.

It does not need qualia to exist.

At most it needs basic light or sound information, nothing more.

Yes it does.

Yes it does.

It ain’t information unless it conveys meaning.

No.