What if narcissists re the only ones with sentience.

What if?

they seem more self aware than everybody else.

No, they don’t. Narcissists tend to focus on a limited area in themselves, and this limited focus, a shutting out of a fuller self awareness, needs help, so they have to harness the attention of ohers on the part of themselves they want focused on, or hallucinated often. This requries they focus on others with the theme of themselves. IOW a bunch of theatrics and lies to create a skewed sense of self. This is all a rather ornate self-avoidance. Of course most people have some degree of this, or it might be better to say tha tmost people do this, but in a scattered, milder disorganized way. The narcisist if very organzied about this. Which causes crashes. Just like bipolar people are much more organized versions of the rest of us. Simple economies, you could say, so there are bigger busts and booms. Not that these are diseases or I believe in that rather diseased model, but there are patterns of self organization that get labeled disorders or diseases so money can be made off them. The patterns are real. Narcissists are obsessed with other people view. They seem more self focused, but they are actually less so, since they are fighting to not notice their own view of themselves. But it comes crashing in on them now and then.

Narcissists are less aware of the others and their views. They cannot see how others see them.

Then… according to your own statement… you must be a narcissist James, and near everyone on here too.

Good thing that says ‘near’ everyone. Lol

I don’t know if this was a response to my post or not, but I agree. They are focused on the views of others and try to control it, but they cannot see these views and are very poor at, say, empathy.

If so, then why I am vegetarian and narcissist? Seems to me, it is the humans who lack empathy.

Narcissists are the only ones who can navigate the depths, where they have to be their only rudder, no one can go there without reliance on others. They have to have confidence in their abilities, to find meaning there.

There, their capacity can be mistaken for the negatively connoted attributes, and they have to learn to live with these putatively, unless they be drowned. Transcendence is never begotten by identification with pre-existing models, they have to constantly re-calculate the ever changing backward course, in order to be able in due course, to sift out the imaginary from the real, the trifle from the significant, the inpure out of the pure, the absolute from the relative.

Their narcissism is an inheritance they cannot merely dispose of casually, it is both: burden and gift.

I don’t know you, so who knows. You might have used logic to arrive at vegetarianism. It could be about selfimage. You might be wrong about being a narcissist. They generally do not realize. And of course there are non narcissists who are vegetarians. Further humans, even narcissists, are not simple machines.

But that’s just it. Perhaps a narcissist’s self-awareness is not a true self-awareness but also in part a delusional self focus to the exclusion of others. That’s not to say that someone who is highly narcissistic is not also highly intelligent and can’t be SELF aware or can’t know what makes their self “tick” but at the same time it is usually only SELF aware.

Sentience is the capacity to feel, perceive, or experience subjectively which IS important but for the narcissist, it may ONLY BE about that “subjective” feeling and have nothing to do with how it also relates to others and the objective world.

You are NOT a narcissist. Whoever told you that, had no clue (even if he be you).

psychologytoday.com/blog/re … narcissism