Weird Dream

My honest opinion about my dream is that it doesn’t mean anything. Not everything has to have some deep significant meaning.

The forgetting and the alcohol stuff, I think my dream just made up because I started questioning the things it already made up (being pregnant) and it had to come up with something.

The only thing that was really “given” to me by the dream was that I was pregnant. The rest came about from me questioning this news. Why had I not remembered for the past several months? I guess I forgot. Have I been taking care of the baby? Well, no, I been drinking. Oh shit! ← That was just me drawing some conclusion on my own accord.

If you drink, you should stop. If you don’t drink, you should start.

Gib,

That is not true in the case of dreams. They cannot mean nothing, imaginary or without any cause/purpose. Drinking or drugs do not have any role whatsoever in the process of dreams, neither the conscious mind has. Dreams are related to subconscious mind only, on which conscious mind do not have any control generally.

With love,
Sanjay

I think this must have been the place: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=188627&start=125

That may be the case, but don’t you think one ought to distinguish between what’s “given” in a dream and what one interprets or how one reacts in the dream? What I mean is: if the man tells me that I’ve been pregnant for x number of months, and I question “Why don’t I remember that?” ← this question isn’t a symbolic artifact of the dream itself, it’s just me react to the symbols I’m given, right?

Dream or no dream, does it not concern you what your children think about you, when, in your own words, 'I drank a lot of booze".

If you have sons, what example of a man, is this for them.

Your dream can only be interpreted by you.

Thanks for the judgement, maiden, but you can keep your God damn opinions to yourself.

You gonna tell me how to raise my kids? You gonna define manhood for me?

I’ve talked to my daughter about drugs and alcohol. My son’s too young to know about that shit, but he’ll get the same talk when he comes of age.

Now you tell me: what the fuck do you know about my relation with my children?

Hey Gib me too am going through something akin. My wife left. I had a few, dice my grown children are weaving what seems to be a trap. You may not believe it, but the trap is a very well thought out web,
of alliances. There is a world of difference between us, but not one a man cannot become in sync with.

I don’t know where to draw boundaries, I don’t quite know You for that well enough. But if it wasn’t for alcohol, I think I may just go off the deep end, well not to deep. Let’s talk?

^^ Let’s start with this. What do you mean? What trap? What alliance?

Between who? You and me?

Yeah, boundaries suck. I hate them. I wish everyone were forced to be painfully open, love and hate each other (well, maybe that’s something I’d regret :laughing:).

Tell me about the deep end. What’s that?

I just can’t write about the deep end right now. I will try tomorrow in a way that’s meaningful, tomorrow. It’s so late, and Morpheus calls into yet, another retreat. I wrote a thousand words, yet erased them, they were all wrong.I promise come tomorrow.

Yeah, pretty much. But a deeply and emotionally significant idea, not necessarily from another person, an idea from which one can start a new life (I doubt that it has much to do with the drinking).

It seems from many of the above, that it is relationships in general, and marriage vows specifically which is emerging as the not so subtle underpinnings of much unhappiness.

A
fter a so so good night sleep, trying to keep to my promise, but wait, I will go back to St James ,above so I can keep some kind of continuity…
…will return in a sec…

…in answer to Your last question of what the deep end is, it is the point, where relationship(s), present a problem, in-so-far as in trying to decipher and separate the ideas which seem to arise, as if from nowhere. It is like standing on a ledge, or feeling nausea, or vertigo. Maybe it is an idea infused by another person, but pushed inwardly, denied. It must be, since when pregnancy occurs, it is through the injection of another. It is more likely, that the meaning’s determination comes from the agency of another. It takes two to create a baby, whether it be a mental, or physical one. I think this baby is hidden, but should not be aborted, in a pre-mature attempt to clear the slate, and start over. It cannot, until all parameters are explored and brought to light.
The baby will become an abortion, an early termination, if not brought to term.

Hi gib, maybe it means that your subconscious is trying to remind you that drinking can interfere with your creative processes (baby). I don’t know. DO you find that drinking interferes with your creativity, with your thinking, with your imagination?

Maybe a few months back you were feeling more creative and IF you have been drinking more now, on some level you may just intuit that it is all slipping away from you. But like I said - I don’t know how drinking affects your creative faculties. For all I know, it may enhance them. lol

Maybe your dream is about you sopping (is that even a word lol) up your brain - making it like so much marshland. :wink:

Happy New Year, gib.
I wonder how many writers/poets were actually more successful in their writing when drinking or drunk? :-k

gib,

Not sure what you mean by this.
Do you mean that when you’ve taken it TOO far, you will totally lose yourself (the damage will stop)?

Or do you mean that when you have taken it too far you will have learned your lesson and the damage will stop - you will stop hurting yourself?
This is sometimes what happens when someone has reached “rock bottom” – they’ve had enough – but not everyone ascends from that.

But like I said, gib, not sure how you mean your quote.

Yes and no. Yes when I am drunk, no in the aftermath. But it’s the same with any drug, especially caffeine. In fact, I think this is more true of the caffeine than any other drug. I abstain from caffein for most of the week, so when I drink three cups of coffee on my caffeine days (usually Friday), it revs my brain into overdrive and I become super awesome creative; but then the next day, my brain is dull, and only slowly returns to baseline over the next several days.

Well, when I moved out and started living on my own, I did start drinking more. I was worried it might start getting out of control, but that’s stopped now.

It could be but like I said in an earlier post, I think the only element in the dream with any symbolic content was being pregnant. Thinking about how I have been drinking during my pregnancy terms was just me not realizing I was dreaming and thinking of the implications of being pregnant.

I only know of one: Hemmingway.

I mean if you think about it in terms of the pregnancy metaphor, a mother can do a lot of damage to her unborn child if she drinks or does drugs, but once the baby is born, her drinking and drug use can no longer harm the baby (though there will already be plenty of damage done).

It just means you’re normal. When you find your dreams make sense, that’s the time to start worrying. Just an afterthought: I assume you’ve checked that you’re not actually pregnant. If it could happen to Arnold Schwarzenegger it could happen to any of us.

Very good point, Gib. A very subtle issue is involved here, which is not understood generally. Let me try to explain.

To answer your question, one must get the basics right and clearly, in the first place.

When we awake, conscious mind takes decision, while subconscious mind can merely see its counterpart making decisions. Subconscious mind can only be witness but cannot interfere in the process at that momey even if it disagrees.

The same process reverses in the dreams. Here, subconscious mind becomes a major player while conscious mind takes a bact seat. Just like our awaken life, subconscious mind also use to have its own ragular life and memory in the dreams. Both lives run parallel throughout the life.

One more important thing to remember here i that, though subconscious mind use to have complete access to conscious mind, but conscious mind does not have complete access to its counterpart. Means, subconscious mind knows all what conscious mind knows but conscious mind does not know all what its counterpart knows but merely a tiny portion of it, especially some derived conclusions.

Now, coming to your dream and question, when you thought in your dream why do you not remember being pregnant, that was your conscious mind, which was witnessing the life and memories of subconscious mind, and was finding all that surprising, because of not having full access to its counterpart, though your subconscious mind was well aware of that event.

The purpose of that dream to remind that pregnancy to conscious mind only, not the subconscious one, as that never forgets anything whatsoever.

Secondly, it the message was meant only for subconscious mind, you would not have remembered that dream in the first place. Contrary to general perception, we do not remember all of our dreams, but only a minor percentage. The fact of the matter is that, we use to have dreams all the time we sleep. Means, if a person sleeps for 8 hours, he must have dreamt for 8 hours too, whitout an exception. But, we do not rather cannot remember our all dreams, but only those which were specifically targeted to the conscious mind. The rest remains with subconscious mind only.

We all experience this phenomenon. If you recall your dreams, or go through the dreams mentioned by others, you will see that manytimes people mention that, while dreaming, they already know what is going to happen next in the dream, or something related with the dream, which has been happened already. They (conscious mind) do not know all that at all but somehow they became aware of that during the dream. That is conscious mind having the slight glimpses of the life and memories of its counterpart.

With love,
Sanjay

Sanjay,

I suppose what you’re saying is that, even though it may have been my conscious mind questioning the news I was given by my subconscious (as any ordinary person would even when awake), I shouldn’t be so hasty to dismiss it. If I was intended to get the message at all, even if I was confused by it on a conscious level, that message still meant something.

Precisely.

That message was meant for Gib, the conscious mind, who lives and operates in this human world on the earth. That implies that the talked about message in the dream, on which you did not pay enough attention so far, was also given to you in the past to your conscious mind by someone from this very world ( by any other human like you).

Secondly, as the period of human pregnancy is merely nine months, it means that the delivered message is not very old but from recent past (some months but not years ). And, you still can recognize and recall that too.

with love,
sanjay