Why Consciousness is a Localized Entity

If we are all you or a part of your consciousness, why am I disagreeing with you here then? I exist and I am god. I am all there was, is and ever will be in terms of physical living consciousness that seeks all experiences to help the expansion of what is.

Experiments? Well I can think of a few I would do starting with the fetus then following age and size as well as chemical and sensory. If I a nonscientist can think of these basics then what can a scientist think of?

Maybe only we on this forum are real, and couple others.

What do you mean in terms of real, physically existing entity? or personality/mind ?

real in terms of sentience

Going by that, Wikipedia or Google’s servers should be more sentient than humans!

with love,
sanjay

That is mere assumption, not reality, at least for now. I am hearing the same from the scientists since last 25 years or so. Let us wait till that happens conclusively before jumping the gun.

with love,
sanjay

Tixie is right.

What AI supporters do not realize that for complete and true sentience, AI must be able to think independently, beyond what is infused to it, in other words Free Will. And, when that happens (if that happens, which will never anyway), the first thing it will do to supersede/alter its inherited programming. It will reject/unlearn whatever is previously taught and start from the scratch on its own, just in the same way as Adam and Eve did in the Garden of Eden.

As long as AI (so called) is following its programming, it is not AI in real sense, but merely an unintelligent machine without any sentience. Complexity or sophistication does not entail sentience.

with love,
sanjay

It’s not a matter of jumping the gun, only anticipating a foregone conclusion, which requires, that narrowing the gap, so as to effect unification of field. The groundwork , a hypothesis must always preceded beyond the rightness or wrongness of such a scenario.

Nietzsche was right, it needs be first considered as an ethical question, beyond which, all the other conditions must be met. This is, what entailment has been building toward, the last few hundred years.

Really, they have sensory input?
Stick a newborn infant in a dark quiet room , never allowing it to know or feel any contact with anything ever. Care for it would occur while it is in an induced unconscious state.
After 15 years or 20 what kind of brain would exist?

with love,
sanjay

with love,
sanjay

In womb a fetus hears , touches and learns. A womb is not sensory deprivation to the brain. As the sensory organs develop, information is passed to the brain. There is basic instinct programmed but without senses , it is not used, cannot be used.

There is no scientific or logical explanation that fetus uses its physical senses in the womb. There cannot be any. You are using ancient societal/ religious explanation to prove your argument.

We all know that fetus is covered from all sides by the liquid present in the womb, which is called Amniotic fluid. That simply means that the fetus cannot use its senses like eyes, ears, nose, mouth etc. Thus, technically, it is isolation even inside its mother’s body.

Having said that, I agree that fetus learns in the womb, but you are not supposed to use that argument because it is scientifically unexplainable.

But, you are absolutely wrong in assuming that sentience can be affected by lack of sense use. Yes, sense related physical organs can be affected by that but not sentience, because it does not use any physical organ to function. If brain is working, so the sentience is.

With love,
Sanjay

Consciousness is merely the faculty of remote recognition - no magic to it.

Sorry San, the skin is a sensory organ, vibration, fluid shifting, temperatures, pressure can be felt. I can hear noises in water, so can you , so can a fetus. Smell, sight and possibly taste are not used. Fluids carry sound very well or else why would water creatures use sound?
I have no religion. I do know that infants whose parents and family talked to it while in the womb , recognize those people by being comfortable in their arms and happy. This has been documented by physicians, medical personnel plus others like myself and my husband. Our infant screamed his head off in the arms of the doctors and nurses but, in our arms the boy settled down and was not afraid, he was comfortable.
We talked to the boy every day while I was pregnant.
Sound carries through fluids.
A brain has programming but, not sentience, it requires input to activate such. Without any information self cannot form fully.

Science backs fetus sensing/feeling up… And skin is a sensory organ, otherwise you wouldn’t be able to feel with your skin. The other senses are developed when the baby is born, except taste… I think fetus has taste possibly as well, which can explain mothers craving certain foods? But I’m not sure on that one.

ROFL mom craved peanut butter with me, it is a favorite of mine. I had no cravings while pregnant, our son is not picky about food.
Good question: is it the fetus or the mother? I think the mother. Cravings are generally about vitamin or mineral needs.

True, but are the vitamins and minerals for the mother or child?

If the fetus drains it from the mother , then it would be both. The fetus may need more of one or a fault may occur and one is pumped too much from mom. Not sure that it is just one reason. Biology can be perfect or really screw up or have little glitches.