Love

To fall in love, which means falling in love is not just a sexual infatuation, it is a much more serious involvement, a yearning to be with that person and in the Hindu sense, is an awakening.
When one falls in love, even if that person struggles they desire surrender, they want to let go to immerse oneself in this grand passion. What is difficult, is love, has no clear or rational explanation, it just happens, one cannot command love and if you should be so fortunate as to fall in love you would be mad to refuse it. There is nothing noble in rationalising love, and if one does then they lose sight of what they need. Love is a sane madness.

But if we are rational about love, if we are truly honest about it, it all comes down to, anything, built on a foundation of love, is subject to crumbling.

Love will never be forever, as they write about, as they sing about, as they declare, feelings change, nothing stays the same.

Sex without love is like a hollow wisp, and deeply unsatisfying, like eating rubber toy bread rather than a real sandwich. We have to thank hollywood brainwashing for this degeneracy, of the human animals running around worshiping a materialistic, sex-obsessed lifestyle devoid of actual love. Shit is the new gold, and gold is the new shit. Love is no longer “in”, and only material goods are what people care about. Love is indeed a mad thing, no seeker would put their hearts on the line for someone of this world - they cannot be trusted, and are completely unworthy of it. Love is a gamble, and the odds are stacked against you.

Half right but half wrong too.

It is true that people confuse love with many other things like sexual desire or possession/dominance. But, sex can also manifest love sometimes, though not always.

True love means complete unification with other person. That is a necessary condition. Both parties should become so close that they would become one, both physically and mentally. Christ rightly termed it as one flesh. And, this level of closeness is very difficult to attain without physical contact/sex. That is precisely why other relations cannot manifest the love of a mother or a spouse. In other cases, love means mostly care or welfare of the other person, which would be always a step below of mother/children and spouse relationships.

True love entails unification or oneness. Both should become so close that not only accept each other wholeheartedly as they are, but also able to understand other’s needs, desires and thinking, and act accordingly.

Love is about owning someone and being owned by the same person too. And, if it is not forever, it is not true love either. When two become one by all means, they cannot be parted in any case, though it is difficult thing to achieve.

with love,
sanjay

Remember the by now cliche come book ‘love story’ actually quite moving, ‘love never having to say you’re sorry’?

Besides that,love is also never having to say good by
because you never really leave, even if you do. Love is totally forgiving, and assuredly without having prepossessing boundaries.

Love is a high , a feeling brought about by bio

chemical changes naturally, or John Lennon induced,
It is nowhere, or in the wind. It is a nothingness, and

at the same time everything as casua sui.

It is Eros, storage, agape, philia, it rests on reclaimed columns of marble and granite, immortalized in many

an epic journey, and al oat forgotten with the passage of every generation.

Love is a cooing, sweet persuasive pigeon, according to Pindar, and truly, it is what makes this world go around around.

Read the NT 1st Corinthians, chapter 13.

We squeeze fat words like love as if they were grapes giving us the wine of personal meanings. Philosophy suffers from that.

I think a lot of problems in the world derive from people who have no love in their hearts.

Love is a bit like us, it doesn’t exist and yet is the most wondrous quality existence yields.

Love–a poem
I don’t want perfection.
I couldn’t see it anyway.
I don’t want reflection.
Mirrors shine on any day.

More must pass between us
Than what we cannot spare.
Moments have to mean us
Moving from self to care.

Give me your overflowing
When you’ve finished filling.
Love is empty knowing
Need is always willing.

Love, between a man and woman.

Who has experienced this?

On reflection, I don’t believe I have.

We exist, and so does love, anything else is nihilistic reduction to the absurd. You might as well say water doesn’t exist.

You were produced, arrived at i.e. After a time where the foetus was to simple for consciousness. If your brain’s genetics were coded differently, it would produce more than one consciousness ~ as like conjoined twins. You are a product of something, so how is that different to say music being the product of your stereo? If the physics are changed ‘you’ would change, and your consciousness could be replaced and removed or divided in two or more.

Its not nihilism nor are any labels applicable, its just an observation of what we know to be possible.

btw water does not exist.

And, how does any of that prove your point?

33 years here. I have my closest love in my home as my husband. But, love is about family not just mate.
All that I love I would kill or die for.
If you want a true mate then you must be true friends first,last and always, then lovers after that.

:text-yeahthat:

And if you can arrange for one, you can arrange for the other so as to ensure both.

Yep,

People tend to forget about the friend part of real love. If there isn’t a intimate friend under that mushy soul throbbing feeling of love, then that isn’t love. And if it really is love, there can’t be a better friend inside.

Fall in love and found a friend. Or find a friend and found a love. Works either way … when its real.

If you look deep enough at anything, it disappears, even physical things. We could say then, that all of the sciences and facts more generally, are partial descriptions ~ what happens when you stop looking ending at a given scale.
Ergo we cannot really state, that we know the nature of things, and even that our knowledge in fact pertains to a particular perspective of observation. So when they say ‘you’ don’t exist when you know you clearly do, it is a false comparative; you can look at anything and find something else within, but that doesn’t deny the reality of the previous quality/value.

I think that means that after consideration i am agreeing with you. You and love exist in as much as anything exists.
_

Love is grounded projection. It’s grounded usually, in self reference, and that isn’t as bad as it sounds, it connects with the self through reference to the deepest realms of the self. And the loved one does,likewise, and they meet their projections at some point, and they fall in love. This is not the pathological reference to the self, where negative attributes are credited, here positives or make beliefs, make believers out of partners. But it works along the lines of the same process.

Friendship then love, or love and friendship, but that does not mean that the two always go hand-in-hand or body-to-body?

What if it remains love/friendship, without sex, is it possible to love a woman or man in this way and remain steadfastly together, make a life together without sex.

It seems to me to be rather dry and stingy.

It is called platonic and with this comes problems.

Sex is at most 20 minutes out of a 24 hr day , maybe an hour. Now, after that short time , what do you do with the other person? And realistically that hour is not every day. So , would you throw away a warm loving caring supporting relationship because there might not be that little bit of sex in it?? It’s like denying the best meal in the world because there is no piece of candy stuck in there somewhere.
Although most youth will do just that. Hormones are powerful things to the point of screwing your own life up.