The molasses of movement.

Time is what gives consciousness its movement, and without consciousness, time and space cannot be perceived. Time without space is thought, and space without Time is the visual. Without perception of Time, consciousness may still arise, always on a steady picture, but without moving, without thinking. Without perception of Space, consciousness may still arise, but trapped in thought. Without Time and Space consciousness may not arise.

I hypothesize that the molasses of movement is a fundamental. If there were an omnipotent entity, in order to access the large universe it would have to see human life in but a blink of the eye. Relative to us, it experiences Earth life very fast. But relative to itself, what does it have to compare to? Thus, time is relative if you don’t have anything to compare it to. Because the entity is omnipotent, it has large amounts of data in its active consciousness. So earth life would go by like nothing to it. But relative to itself (its large amounts of data) it would feel the molasses of movement because it has large amount of data in its active consciousness to provide a contrast. However, if the organism had minimal amounts of data in its active consciousness, time would go by fast, in relation to itself.

From this we can also better understand pain. Pain happens to be congruous with our mechanical organism’s instincts. Pain causes the organism to add things to its consciousness, pain does not feel like it belongs in our consciousness so we try to mentally avoid it. If we mentally avoid it time goes by fast. But if pain makes itself an addition to our consciousness time goes by slower, because it is in relation to what it is not. So in order to feel better you must either totally block out the pain, or become one with the pain and time will go by fast. So actually what is the definition of real pain? Pain=how slow does time feel like it is going? So boredom, guilt, fear and worry is closer to true pain. And joy is often association with lack of need, and mindlessness. Because if you dont have a need you dont have a need present in your consciousness which causes your essence to cover more territory and be slow. So you might ask yourself, why does thinking about deep things bring me joy? Because you are one with thinking those things, and you accept them as part of your consciousness, so you cannot say time can be compared to them as a relation of what it is not. If you were afraid of thinking things and they were still in your consciousness, it would be a case of time being compared to them as a relation of what is not, and thus slowed down. Pain=slowed down perception of time. Pain does not neccesarily equal injury or pain signals. Slower perception of time does not always = slower rate of time in the real. There are factors. For instance, if consciousness is shrunk, time in the real world might go by at a different rate. Then one might erroneously conclude things, such as saying time seems to go by slower than usual, yet they are happy, when actually what is happening is their consciousness has withdrawn and really time only seeming slower than their normal consciousness, but in relation to the current consciousness the ratio between the two is actually faster and thus more happy. Similarly, when there are lots of visual objects in consciousness, like a detailed beautiful picture, that is actually the Space component and not Time component and thus does not make one unhappy.

There is no molasses of movement anymore than there is the jet speed of movement.

So, you are saying that your perception of the rate of time never alters?

Of course it does. I’m saying there’s no standard rate of time to consider the rate of time to be slow or fast.

On the contrary, there is, it is Your own standard of time.

Yes but your own standard rate of time is not a standard rate of time.

There is no “rate of time”.

Time is a measurement … of relative change.

There is no “rate of measurement”.

60 seconds per minute is a rate of time.

The general movement of all things in the universe/the ratio of the average rate of events changing = time. It is not particular but universal.

The rate is felt on a spiritual level, the slower the rate the more pain and boredom there is. Using techniques science will some day quantify consciousness.

The rate is relative to itself in relation to objects inside of consciousness.

I don’t agree, but apparently you have a lot of pain and boredom if you think of the rate of time to be like molasses, by your statements. Need to let it out?

Allow me to clarify this. The rate of time is not an absolute, it is relative, and in that sense it is an absolute, absolutely relative. We measure rate of time by comparing it to arbitrary objects like the earths rotation. So rate of time is always calculated using arbitrary objects. If anything, the rate of conscious time is more absolute than clock time because you are the time itself, and it is in relation to objects in your head. The reason it seems less quantifiable is science tech cannot yet measure consciousness in relation to things within itself. However you can, the slower time feels the more in pain you are. That is different from your body clock, it is much more in the forefront of your mind.

Essentially you are claiming that consciousness perceived speed of time is not quantifiable, but if you make that claim you are also claiming that consciousness is defined by something outside of our brains. We know this is false, because our soul is directly experiencing our brains, and thus, the phenomenon of variable percieved rates of time can be someday measured by science.

No. That is at best the rate of a clock, but in reality, merely the definition of the ratio of seconds to minutes.

That is one way to establish “absolute” or “universal” time, by the average velocity of all things in the universe being defined as “no motion” and anything else is a rate of motion relative to that average.

No, 60 seconds per minute is a rate of time.

Rate:

: the speed at which something happens over a particular period of time

: the number of times something happens or is done during a particular period of time

Time:
a : the measured or measurable period during which an action, process, or condition exists or continues : duration
b : a nonspatial continuum that is measured in terms of events which succeed one another from past through present to future

As such, 60 seconds happen over a particular period of time, (one minute).

A second is a “duration, as is a minute” . A second, minute, hour, etc are measured periods during which an action process or conditions exist, and they are durations.
A second, minute, hour, etc are an abstraction of the nonspatial continuum that we know as time, as it is a specified gauge based on the earth’s change of revolving around the sun and the earth’s revolution on its own axis.

A clock simply provides a way to keep track of time.

365 revolutions of earth on its axis every instance earth orbits around the sun is a rate of time.

Thus, there is a rate of time. A Seconds, minutes and hours come close to providing a standard rate of time, but that really doesn’t mean a whole lot considering we know time is relative. Also, even if it wasn’t relative, our perception of time is unable to be standardized as well, as each individual can have their own perception of how quickly or slowly they perceive events of change.

Thus, there are rates of time, there are no standard rates of time.

Consciously perceived time is quantifiable, but what does that really mean to you? We all perceive time differently, so if we say this normally takes 1 second, there is no standard of course that means 1 second must be perceived as one second. It doesn’t really mean a whole lot except to the individual who has a normal understanding of what a second is to them. Any projections of what seconds mean to others, is irrelevant to what it actually means to others.

The slower time feels to me, doesn’t mean I am in more pain. It could mean I am more alert;

Your statement “we know this is false because our soul…” is not knowledge. No knowledge of a soul. You can think its possible to measure the variables of perceived rates of time but that too isn’t knowledge. I mean, by all means feel free to think that is possible.

Yes it does because that’s the whole point of quantifying consciousness. You can get a better grasp of qualia and how physical events define the qualia. You could graph how a person’s perception of time “feels” based on brain scans in relation to outside events such as the earths orbit time.

Again, you are making the same claims as before, that conscious phenomenon is totally subjective, supernatural and outside of empirical analysis, when you say things like “each person has their own sense of time which cannot be measured and we cannot know if someone is in pain”. My claims about the soul are much less mystical than your claims about this.

Getting a better grasp of qualia isn’t eliminating the subjectivity of qualia.

Consciousness is subjective. There is no objectivity with consciousness. I am not saying it is supernatural and outside of empirical analysis though. Subjective does not mean outside of empirical analysis. I never said we cannot know if someone is in pain. I did say we all perceived time differently, but I should say we all perceive time subjectively. We don’t know whether its the same or not, but I would garner there’s subtle nuances about every physical body and experience that means we really don’t experience time the same way.

Consciousness is a product of our body and experience, and our body receives and interprets sensory information differently. Our sense organs are different, they differ biological from person to person. Some can’t see what you can, some can’t feel what you can. All that is brought back to the conscious mind where it is interpreted and experienced. On that alone, we know perception is subjective. There’s no evidence that anything we perceive is objective.

Getting a better grasp of qualia isn’t eliminating the subjectivity of qualia.

Consciousness is subjective. There is no objectivity with consciousness. I am not saying it is supernatural and outside of empirical analysis though. Subjective does not mean outside of empirical analysis. I never said we cannot know if someone is in pain. I did say we all perceived time differently, but I should say we all perceive time subjectively. We don’t know whether its the same or not, but I would garner there’s subtle nuances about every physical body and experience that means we really don’t experience time the same way.

Consciousness is a product of our body and experience, and our body receives and interprets sensory information differently. Our sense organs are different, they differ biological from person to person. Some can’t see what you can, some can’t feel what you can. All that is brought back to the conscious mind where it is interpreted and experienced. On that alone, we know perception is subjective. There’s no evidence that anything we perceive is objective.

I find that time and movement is relative in ways beyond what Einstein could properly explain with his theory of relativity. I have experienced Eternity within seconds, within minutes; have compressed entire timelines worth of information down to the most important things to learn from it and have experience eternity again within 14 minutes. I have thought at speeds beyond my ability to properly understand until I slow it down and then I see the actions outside of the mind and notice that those fastest thoughts are moving so slow in our physical world, while the ‘slow’ ones are working circles around them and moving at a speed much faster.

When I was dealing with depression and insecurity, it felt like I was mired in molasses and some times recently, when wanting to do something else, I find myself struggling against something I’m starting to come to understand as I find my self more and more in places that I’m supposed to be in to receive messages or deliver them to others; to interact with others in a certain manner or other; even being stuck in this one town in Oregon has granted me the space and time to deliver a good number of messages to people here on ILP, metering out my internet time in hour increments based on using guest passes at a public library and thus having to deliver thoughts with a quickness, yet metered out with methodical timing nonetheless; thoughtful; as I will myself to be able and ready to react to anything at any given time. To leave myself open, to temper my reaction until a reaction is needed and to be as aware as possible of my surroundings and others; so as to move among them as I do physically, without interrupting their passages through life more than I need to at the same time as I find my own way. And, it is not so much molasses anymore but the development of a mental time travel theory mixed with the development of alternate reality theories, mixed with the development of other theories that dictates I can only move so fast and can only go where I am pre-destined; pre-fated to go as I understand more and more that all fate and destiny are all of the free wills brushing up against each other and inhibiting each others movements in life as people that would be Gods exhibit powers and curb each others powers to such an extent as to create what we know of life and cement in place a singular time line, able to be predicted to an extent, if you don’t focus on the inconsequential details and personal details of each persons life, though there are definitely enough of a multitude of multitudes of spiritual presences and wannabe Gods at such a point if such theories are true, that would watch you and would know every bit of your lives and if they were to have to truthfully relay those to such a being as all of creation, then we can truly only be so much divergent, can only change our own paths so much and if we were to change certain things, it would only divert those things to another who then must fill the role that you vacated.

And all of this plays into your movement through life, and it does feel like molasses some times.