I am Normal, so I am Everyone's Standard for Sanity from Now

I am the most normal person on this forum, so I’m going to have to serve as the positive pole of sanity for everyone here, the negative aspect, Anti-Sanity… we can vote… whoever us the most insane person here. It can be Only Humean, Magsj, Only Humean, Zoot, Only Humean… anyone.

We can map everyone’s state of relative sanity on the sphere, with the equator the equator, and longitude and latitude.

Longitude can be “Truth and Untruth”. Everything on my side is the Truth, everything Untruth can be one the other guy’s side.

Right and Wrong can be the latitude. Again, all the latitude halves for Right can be on my side, with all the Wrong on his.

You judge where anyone is in a group by relativistically judging which grid square various aspects of a third individual would lay. A example, say… someone at random, Zoots made a statement against Oppie, and I was Sane, and Only Humean was the Anti-Sane standard, if Zoots made a comment more truthful than Oppie, Zoots would land a square higher than Oppie in the same latitude. If the next statements differed in truth or Rightness per factoid, they would shift relativistically up or down the next square, the conversation mapped across the globe. One conversation, but four points of relativity to chart each comment against.

Remember, ask yourself WWTFDOS, What Would Turd Ferguson Do Or Say. Also remember WTFDOHJD, What The Fuck Did Only Humean Just Do (or whoever gets selected).

I’ve just advanced psychology a century with this most useful and objective of tools.

An excellent opportunity for a little of my maieutic magic! I have been waiting for this moment. I shall now pretend to be your student.

After you, sir…

“Instruction begins when Zoot, the teacher, learns from the Ferg; putting himself in Ferg’s place so that he may understand . . . what Ferg learns and the way he understands it.”- Kierkegaard

I’m going to sit in the back and throw paper airplanes, if you don’t mind.

No, it’s the people in power through a barrel of a gun that sets precedence for what is normal in instituting social political power.

Then all those people that don’t conform to that social political policy get to be described as being mentally ill which in turns funds the multi billion profits of pharmaceutical companies that drowns them into medication to be drugged up until finally their mental will is bent over to meet those social political ends.

If you don’t have no standing army, financial apparatuses, or political representation you in turn don’t get to set the tone for what is sane or normal socially.

Here, take a Valium and buck up.

I do not want to be normal and sane anymore.
I am better to be insane.

With love,
Sanjay

Normalcy is a question of the degree of cognitive consonance, and non-normalcy the degree of variance from it, causing cognitive dissonance. However, as dissonance approaches an absoute, religious fervor sets in, and the self is sacrificed to higher realms. Religion becomes a necessary abnormal state, eclipsong psychological normalcy.

OP, you’re just flat wrong.

You’re not normal. You’re an overcompensating narcissist, who thinks you’re the smartest guy in the room because you’ve memorized a ton of history, but you don’t really live the life that you desire. You use the tactic of blasting people with a wall of text because you’re unable to make a point in a concise fashion, and everyone knows that’s a trick that dummies use you just want to argue endlessly. You’re obsessed with making historical citations to back up whatever political horseshit you’re spewing, and you have strange mood swings that make me wonder about your mental health.

Not to mention whatever motivated you to start this thread.

It’s true, Fergalicious. I’ve been trying to get a single, well crafted argument in a paragraph form out of you since you’ve been here. You just continue to ignore me.

When you ask him to cut the shit he gets snarky. He uses the shit as cover, and he doesn’t like to be exposed. Just watch. He’ll call me a scumbag or something before he actually makes a concise argument.

Scumbag.

(Snarky, yet concise, shorter than a paragraph.)

Good god. I didn’t think you could be helped.

I don’t know you well enough to know if you’re normal enough.
First, define what you mean by normal and then give me some examples of your normal-ness.

Who is Oppie?

I am dangerous too. Its what makes me normal. I’m not the one who started all these world wars.

You definately could havebeing normal and the rest not being like you. It is a small step from there to wars. And from wars to genocide. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s too broad a perspective. You would only be normal based on the circumstances and the intentions of your being dangerous.

Psychopaths , sociopaths, rapists, pedophiles, terrorists, serial killers are all dangerous - but are they normal?
Your answer to this question will reveal just how normal you are. :mrgreen:

The point is that they will say that they are normal; while the average goofball will have no problem saying he or she is crazy; and laugh about it.

Yes, I understand this thinking. I often say I’m nuts and perhaps I am :mrgreen: . Had he responded as you did, my answer would have been different.
I sometimes can’t figure out when he’s being serious or facetious, mocking whatever. lol

I got that, I am quite sure this whole topic is a joke to him/her. If I thought it was not, I would have been much more careful with my replies. I would have chosen comments that would have opened one’s mind to more self reflecting (preferrably by means of a therapist), but the fact that he/she can do this as a joke actually suggests he/she is far less dangerous than my comments might suggest to the untrained eye.

Yes, the He/She is joking, but the He/She also put in a universal set of relativistic polar coordinates that amwsers Arc’s assertions in the OP (I put that Globe there for a reason Arc)

So its also a Puzzle, and its only really funny once you understand the psychological mechanism that processes and legitimizes it, as well as a process that breaks it down to its paradox where that aforementioned psychological operation ceases to be.

Then… then it gets really funny. I’m a mime, you gotta crack the code to my act in the OP.